Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 model BB 1 1/2 ton info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elcamino65, Oct 22, 2010.

1. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

were looking at this Model BB ton and 1/2 listed and it says that it is a 32 BB but looking at the pictue the grille looks model A and the dash isnt a 32. now I know that the model Big trucks were produced into early 1932 but this set up has me kind of lost.
    Thanks for the help

Attached Files:

2. Hood is not 32 grille is not 32. Doors and cowl look 32-4

3. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

Dick, Thanks thats what i thought it kinda has me stumped

4. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

Would the 1 1/2 ton cab be the same as the regular pickup cab? anyone else know whats up with it.

5. The cabs are the same. The fuel tank may be under the seat in the big truck but I will leave that for someone else. Is there a serial number on the frame? Is there a serial number on the flywheel cover if it is a 4 cylider or on the transmission if it is a V8? Does the dash look like a home made add on or does it look factory (but not '32)? How about a few more pictures?

Charlie Stephens

6. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

it has a 59AB flathead but other than a picture of a motor these are all the pictures ive seen

7. Does the picture of the motor show the firewall?

Charlie Stephens

8. That truck has been for sale forever. It is a hodge podge of parts that someone made a half-way decent truck out of. It's priced kinda high. I'd keep waiting for the price to drop more if I was you....

are you going to take it apart and use the cab for a hot rod?

9. yes

Attached Files:

10. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

I think its a pretty cool truck.. The price didnt seem to high at all for it.

11. I've watched it drop for awhile. It used to be over 5 grand. If it's still around at $3000. I'll buy it.

12. The firewall looks '32 (or maybe '33-'34 truck). Deinitely not a Model A firewall.

Charlie Stephens

13. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The dash is just a piece of tin. Cab is definitely '32. Frame I think is likely '32 BB; look around L firewall leg for a serial...'32 numbers would begin with AAB or BB or very rarely BB18, number would separate it from '33-4 BB.

14. rainh8r

rainh8r

Make sure the VIN matches the title. I've seen instances where the fleet owners moved the trucks around the country (or at least across states) and changed engine/trans combinations (everyone wanted the V8 when they came out), then the original 4cyl numbers left with the engine and the new state titled it with the V8 case number, which didn't match the 4cyl numbers on the frame. Since the 32's were almost all 4cyl, they changed engine/trans combinations a lot when the 33-34's had V8's and were readily available.