Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ryans Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by strombergs97, Dec 31, 2007.

1. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

What type of gas tank are you using in this?

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

hey holmes, what ever happened to the super secret lakes project?

4. T-man's memory has gone to shit. I took that video one cold morning in Kansas City. We were all going somewhere on a weekend and I was waiting in my 33 ford pickup for Ryan to warm up his 38 so he could lead us to our destination. Jangleguy and T-man were in the truck with me as I was running the camera. I knew in my heart Ryan was gonna smoke 'em but I missed the first part.
    The sound that Rheir-Morrsion [sp]424 inch smallblock makes will give a car-guy goosebumps....and the car has 3 pedals too...no whimpy gooey-go, peanut butter drive for that coupe.
    I think Ryan puts as many miles on the car sideways as he does forward. Very cool car as is the model A...

Attached Files:

5. Damn, Rock..........how did you film that vid from the center of the bench seat and at the end of the clip have the camera pointing at you with you left hand on the wheel?;)?

That pic you posted is from KCSP #2? it wasnt the first year that that burnout was filmed.

I remember trying to merge on the Freeway following Ryan to some place we have no clue about at 70+, Scottys guitar tried to flaot outta the truck as we hit that nasty potholed thing called a freeway. Man what a day........now I am waxing poetic.

6. those are 2 very cool rides, ryan~

7. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I never really cared for 38s or 39 standards. I've grown fond of the 38 deluxe cars lately, Ryan's being a fine example of the ONLY way they look right. I think Henry's designers could see the future. The 37-8-9 (std) cars are not real pretty in stock form.

8. More talk and pictures of Ryans coupe's

9. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Yes, please.

10. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's no secret I am a huge fan of that shiny black coupe with the tight twistin Chevvie motor in it...

Not only does it sound really bitchn at about 7800 it was also the very first car to make a HAMB Drags pass. He might of got beat....but I really don't remember that part....

-Abone.

11. Kevin Lee and I were just talking about that video the other day! I think he said he was riding shotgun. That coupe sounds pissed off in that clip!

12. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

And you want to tweak it, I wouldn't.

13. fryguy

fryguy

Anybody got Interior pics of Ryans 30 coupe?

fryguy

14. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

that black coupe does it for me for sure--love it

15. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

As much as I love Model A coupes and think '38's are ugly...I'd drive the shit outta THAT '38...
    12.90's is plenty fun for a street car.....especially one with that stance and WWW....

16. fryguy

fryguy

17. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Cool, I was just wondering the other day if there were more pics of Ryan's '38. Love that car.

18. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Damn, Ryan's '38 is one fine Hot Rod. It gives me great inspiration for my '38 I am picking up from Doug at Joe Smith Early V8 in Va. The frame will be laid out traditional style with juice brakes and such, but will have a badass 331 caddy in it.

19. Shipper Sel

Shipper Sel
    from SoCal

When I first started building the car, I had yet to be exposed to traditional hot rods... About half way through, I started this site and saw the light as others showed it to me.

I used to be kind of bummed about the split personality, but now I really like it.[/QUOTE]

Dont worry, its very nicely done. You have the best of both worlds in this beauty in my opinion. I can see where it would be a problem if you were putting 13" dayton gangster wheels on a '29 traditional model A! :D

Early on I was exposed to 58-64 Impalas. Mainly lowriders. I feel like I know every nut and bolt that goes on these cars, but I wish I had gotten into traditional hotrods earlier in life...

20. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This 38 is one of my all time favourite Hot Rods. It is elegant and yet mean. Like a guy in a smoking that comes out on top after a fist fight and still got his hair straight...Looks nice but clearly says: Don´t mess with me.... yeah, that´s it!

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Wanna know something crazy? The stainless from your car is now on my '38. It's a small world!

22. Funny, i always thought the 38 was blue, as it looks blue in your avatar. I like it in black, but im a late 20s, early 30s fan, so the A is my favorite.

23. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

That's awesome Ryan! Doug is a good guy, and at least the stainless went somewhere, where it is getting put to good use. Now I need some stainless trim...:eek: