Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 27 roadster build photo journal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bloodyjack, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

That first gear sure is low!!!!!
    What is it like taking off in second?

Can't wait to see it painted.
    Thanks for keeping us updated!!!

2. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

Yeah I have been useing second for regular take off at the lights but sure is fun to get up and go now and then.
    I have been saving for a quickchange to dial it in

me too I am beside myself waiting to see it blocked and painted

3. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Did you get to drive it much before it went to paint?
    How do you like the trans?

4. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

I had a couple of weeks driving around and love it, drives great.
    It looked cool in bare metal too but went rusty real quick up here in Seattle its always wet. I do think i need to change the rear ratio a bit but its very usable as is.
    I will put a new page with some pro-photos as soon as I get it back from paint.

5. Is she painted yet? (I'm stalking you :D)

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

Yep, me too. :D

7. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

My paint buddy has been saying a few more days every week when I phone him, so Monday afternoon I skipped work and drove up to cold call.
    He had done most of the bodywork but it has not been worked on for a few weeks, unfortunately I did a trade for the work and he bumped my job for a cash paying job.
    I am pissed part of the deal was a fast turnaround so I feel like I have been cheated. The only good thing is he is not getting the truck until my paint is done. He said end of this week and most of the hard blocking has been done but I am not getting my hopes up.

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Those kind of deals can go sour, I hope he does a good job for you on it.

9. Oops! Sorry to poke the bear! Keep after it and let us know what happens. I am a big fan of that little roadster of yours and am anxious to see it in paint.

10. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

Yeah Joe wants to make this car a showcase of his talents so I am cutting him some slack.
    I did score this 30's Yankee turn signal the other day for a great price so that makes me happy

[​IMG]

11. -Brent-

-Brent-

Very cool! That thing is in need of some flat blade screws though. Good to hear your painter friend is going to go all out on the paint.

12. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[​IMG]

Your right maybe its not as old as I thought it was (or they have been replaced)
    Anyway they go for stupid money on Ebay and I love the Buck Rogers ray gun art deco look!

I had to build a relay pack with 2 double pole double throw relays so that the thing can operate the shared brake / turn signals on the rear.
    Just need my car back so that I can install it!

13. this car is so awesome. I can't wait to see it in person.

14. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Its really nothing special. Just another one of them damn R*T R*Ds :D

This car is really beautiful. Pete did a great job

15. -Brent-

-Brent-

They look replaced since they don't match the wear/age of the paint. I am jealous over that piece, for sure. I've tried to get a couple great condition old ones on eBay (for my coupe) and always see them get out of control in the last hour.

I'd like to see the relay you fabbed up.

16. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

[​IMG]

My Rat Rod seat

Still waiting for my Hot Rod to get back from paint so while I was waiting I finished one of the electrical conduit frames Mark made to fit my tub perfectly. The covers are Army surplus from my local antique shop. The back is a backpack and I pulled out the wife's sewing machine to make the base from some more army surplus scraps.

15 dollars of army green material some scrap wood n metal and a can of krylon camo color paint........
    genuine WWII aircraft seat belts priceless!

(well I traded a F1 steering box for the belts)

You can also see my pinball collection behind Dr Who, Theater of Magic and Adams Family​

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  17. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

Great picking scored a perfect working after market dash clock to match the deco turn signal switch

[​IMG]

18. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Hey how is the car coming?
    Show some pictures of that!!!!!

19. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

Cars still at my buddies for body work its been 15 weeks now. I will never do a trade for bodywork again. I keep getting bumped for paying jobs so that he can pay rent. I am kind of ok because the weather up here is shit so I look at it as free winter storage.

As soon as I get it back I will post pictures

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  20. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Can I have his info? I have a project that needs work but I don't ned it for another 3 years !!! :confused::rolleyes: WTF

Sorry for your luck. I hope it turns out ok!!!!!!!

21. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Hell Do it yourself then, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to run a longboard and a paint gun! It just takes an eye for detail

22. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

I have had some Requests for some progress pictures and got a new camera for Xmas so here they are. Nearly ready for primer and paint :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. 51chevyrat

51chevyrat

man that thing looks like alot of fun!!! great job so far!!! keep it up!

24. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

25. Pete-
    Where did you get this spring perch from?

[​IMG]

26. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

So-cal speed shop http://www.est1946.com/modelareaspringhangers.aspx

but be aware a standard Model A spring is 48 1/2" between centers and wont fit on a 40's rear end. To make it work I had to buy a narrow Posie reverse eye spring (46 1/2") to make it fit

27. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

How is the progress coming Pete.

28. 94hoghead

94hoghead

What a cool T. I love it.

29. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

the guy who has had it for 5 months for paint has not been paying rent on his shop so the owner changed the locks. Luckily I found the property owner and rented a Uhaul trailer and got the car out of there on Monday.

30. lorodz

lorodz

o man are you lucky