Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this correct?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Special Sam, Oct 17, 2010.

1. John Denich

John Denich

Whats a Ford Studebaker? Very sad the man lost his life!!! that crash looks nasty!

2. MrFalcon62

MrFalcon62

Ford Studebaker? must be the original hybrid car!

3. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

that is one hard hit , very sad

4. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Yes it is wrong, and sad that a man`s life was lost enjoying the hobby.

5. Ghost28

Ghost28

That's sad. Makes me start to rethink additional safety features, Just in case.

6. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Terrible, to do that much damage to a car that heavy , he must have been moving fast.....Prayers to the family's!

7. I just went back and looked. I hadn't even noticed it said Ford.
    I just saw it said Studebaker. I was just amazed at how similar it looked to the shoebox crash discussed here on the H.A.M.B.

8. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Since Studebakers haven't been built for 44 years most younger journalist/reporters have little or no frame of reference to them. The 'Bullet Nose' Studebaker and the 'Bombsight' Grille of the '49/'50 Fords bear a passing resemblance, especially in a badly damaged car. Somebody got their wires crossed on this.

Horrible accident and very sad end for the elderly gentlemen driving the Ford.

Ray

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very sad to hear, but it beats a lot of other ways to go.
    It wouldn't let me post, but someone should correct the article.

Doc.

10. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I emailed the editor.

"Your online story of 10/16 regarding ahead on collision involving a 1950 Ford misidentifies the vehicle. It is a 1950 Ford. A Studebaker would be a competitor of Ford.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    It might seem trivial, unless you have a friend in the area that owns a Studebaker. Then it could prove alarming.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Journalism 101, get the facts straight."<o:p></o:p>

11. roddinron

roddinron

A lot of guys don't like the looks of shoulder belts in an old car, but it's one thing I always do. I can live with the looks (no pun intended).

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

X2..................and collapsible steering columns, or at least jointed that will veer to one side.....no 'bullets' in center of steering wheel......several other safety improvements can be made without being terribly conspicuous. You only live once.

Ray

13. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

shame he lost his life . Must have been going fast to do that damage . What the hell did he hit ?
    rip.
    oh .... A damn honda. Forshame.

14. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

It's a terrible shame that the guy in the Ford was killed while innocently taking a drive in his old car . That Honda must've been going a million miles an hour to do that much damage to an old-school car like a shoebox . Personally , I don't think even shoulder belts could've made the guy live through that kinda crash ...