Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Model A Truck will soon Scream under new Power

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. NORCALTHUMPER

NORCALTHUMPER
    from Nor Cal

I just read this entire thread start to finish in one sitting. Way too cool! That thing pulled like a madman once it cleared out. Amazing!!!!

2. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Abone, my 60' was only a 1.8657......1/8th mile was 101.04 mph........ET was 11.33 @ 124.06..........the other car ran 11.23...........Littleman

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your little car and mine run almost exactly the same mph at the 1/8 and 1/4. Mine goes 1.75- 1.8 on street tires. You should be able to hit a 1.6 maaaybe even a 1.5 out of your combination, and by my math that would get you about a 10.65 et with your 124 mph.

I bet you have her in the mid 10s before it gets cold. Maybe even a little quicker if you get a nice cool night with a good track. Some good cool night air might be worth four mph on that tight twistin' little motor.

Good luck and post more videos. -Abone.

4. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Abone, my Truck usually hits 1.50 or better when the carbs are on the money, well atleast w/ the other combo's they have been on........Just last week the Truck ran a 11.20 something @ 126 mph w/ a 1.94 60'......so I am looking for a big chunk gain.......I just warmed the engine up and disconnected the center two carb pump squirt linkages and gave it a hard rev....and I did not hear the hesitation for the first time..I will try again tomarrow...I wish I lived in a rural area...I'd test it in front of the house, hee he.........so I may be onto something...I hope.......Littleman

5. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Sounds killer, thanks for the ride along. Too bad the season is almost over.

6. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Third time out...getting closer....still fighting the first 60'.......First pass today was horrible, after two hours of wrenching it ran 10.86, 10.85 and last pass 10.85 w/ a 1.757 60' time but this thing is starting to get great mph@ 128 mph on the top end.........I have it running good enought to test the converter on the return road, it flashes @ 3,800...too low.......so I will pull the engine and swap converters before I get out again.....video was last pass today....Littleman

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GuDQn0pvB24?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GuDQn0pvB24?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

7. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

lookin better ya!

8. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

sounds good. Seems like it pulls hard on the big end but is a little sluggish getting out of the hole? What RPM did the converter flash to on the video launch? Didn't "sound" all that high

9. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. AHotRod

AHotRod

Thanks for the ride brother Dave !

There's 2-3 10ths left on the table in the first 100' .... and I know you know that brother.

Didn't you have a 5000+ convertor in it before?

Is the motor 'happy' between 5,500-7,000 ?

11. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

You are correct on how much time to gain in the first 100', which should result in atleast 130 mph @ the top end........I am looking for a good solid 10.50 -10.60 back to back......Then I will unleash the 249 hp shot of nitrous I have it setup for......Yes ,the engine loves 5,500 tru 7,300 rpm range........I plan on picking up my good loose converter tomarrow, just had it gone thru and adjusted......I am very happy w/ today's progress...

12. AHotRod

AHotRod

Dave,
    If that engine made 550 H.P. on the Dyno, the truck should run 9.70's with-out any 'funny-gas' once you get it dialed in..... What a rocket-ship !

13. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I really do not think this will happen w/ the Six-Two's unless it made more power to off set the six-two's short comings.......but would w/ the four barrel...The dyno proved the huge advantage between both of them...The four barrel made it's power much earlier than my setup and the new intake design offered over 40 ft lbs more torque which is huge !....you give up so much to run the Six-Two's..you can get the HP close between the two w/ allot of work on the 94's...But the four barrel makes the power w/ ease and efficiency....Littleman Dave

14. Rusty

Rusty

any pics of the Nitrous intake set up! Congrats on the tens, we finally hit some tens at The Day of the Drags. dang i wish you were closes, bunch of jokers around here that dont want to go faster and test at the local tracks! For us it all bout going faster! Great work as always

15. Very cool Dave. Thanks for the updates. Now you gotta drive it to Mokan next year and run Abone!

16. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Congrats to you as well for sneakin into the 10's.............Nitrous intake pics are on page 16 of this thread....Dave

I picked up the converter today was back by 1:30 in the afternoon ..pulled the entire engine and trans..swapped converters and its already back together and ready to fire back up tomarrow, done deal, just hoping for good weather !...I also cut the grass and moved some stuff around today...not too bad for a Sunday........

17. Rusty

Rusty

man i love that Nitrous set up! them lines ar Purty

18. Dirty2

Dirty2

Sweet ! I have two cry babys down here that is just crying about me running NOS ! Keep us posted bro !

19. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Let them cry...Let them cry !.....They need to worry about catching up !.......Littleman

20. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Uhhh...no thanks...I'm at about the max for my combination, Dave is only just tapping into his. He'll outrun my 10.98 by the end of the season, and by next summer, I would only be a semi-gloss, flammed spot in his rear view mirror.

Good luck Dave, your little rig rules. -Abone.

PS. be carefull with the NOSSSS!!!

21. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Had another good day @ the Strip..........The converter swap was the right move.......The last time out it's best 60' was a high 1.7 something........today while foot braking it...it clicked off a 1.4551 60'.......which ain't too bad for hard stomping the fun pedal and opening [12] butterflies @ once.........So now I can get out of the hole...I now hear two slight bobbles, one @ each shift...........I think I can fix it w/ a jet change......I can hear it, but I doubt you can hear it in the video.............Man..I am running out of nice day's to play..Littleman

Thanks for stopping by Matt Thrasher...great to finally meet you !

This video is of the last pass today...you really can see the difference in the launch..It ran 10.67 @ 126.49 w/ a 1.4551 60' and a 6.8080 1/8 mile time.....I removed the mirror so you can no longer see my disappointment...ha ha

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gsKx35x8CXM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gsKx35x8CXM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

22. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The video doesn't work, and I feel like the kid who got sweaters for Christmas :(

23. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

24. works for me, nice pass and leave !

25. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

26. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There we go! Man.. So cool.

27. -Brent-

-Brent-

Wow... impressive run. I miss running on the quarter now.

28. Jeepers Dave... that thing is "Right On"...! Sounds very strong... maybe it's my computer but I couldn't really hear the bobble... maybe there isn't a bobble but a blown speaker...!

29. YocumBros.

YocumBros.
    from Raleigh NC

Nice, huge improvement on launch. Will you use nitrous right off the line or bring it in a little down track? Congrats

30. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Very cool...thanks for the ride