Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Anyone Bought New Ford F1 Truck Bed or Parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by henrys_way, Oct 14, 2010.

1. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Ive been doing lots of body Work to my 1951 Ford F1. Now Im onto the bed, and its pretty rough.

I was just wondering if anyone here has bought a new Bed for an F1? I was thinking about getting the Bed Sides, But want very good replacements.

What have you bought, Where did you Buy it, How was it??

Thanks for any help..

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Try Macks Antique Beds in Missouri, they have a good selection of parts.

3. mogara

mogara

I bought a few parts for a '40 bed earlier this year from Mac's and am very pleased with them. They warned me that there could be a several week lead on the parts and I got them within a week drop shipped from the manufacturer.

4. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Ive Herd of these guys, think they make nice stuff... Any one got stuff from them?

5. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

I've been doing body work to my F1 also. So, let me start by saying "I'm sorry";) I had to by a new tail gate, worked the bed sides out, and MADE a new front panel from scratch (had something custom in mind). The tail gate came from C&G ford. I would think that these parts mostly come from the same places, Just looked for the best price local so I didn't have to pay shipping. Still had to do some metal work, and filler to be happy. The embossing is not up to par, it's not as defined and deep as henry's stuff. If you plan on new bed sides, someone makes them with the upper rail fully round, I've found the stock style is really hard to push primer/paint into the gap between the side panel and the roll. Good luck. Jay

6. skuzzel_butt

skuzzel_butt

7. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Dan Carpenter makes these ... Here in the USA ( North Carolina )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 Bed Sides, 1 Front Box Panel, 1 Rear Sill
    Complete Metal Box without Tailgate.
    $840.00 :)

Go here for his web page http://dancarpenters.com/

8. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

AIG Insurance bought a new bed for my '51 after one of their customers ignored a stop sign and T-Boned me 4 years ago. I used Pro's Pick for a complete bed kit. Very good construction, customer service, and timely delivery.

http://www.pros-pick.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. I bought my 40-41 bed from Mack's several years ago, told them to put it all together and make sure it was square, they shipped to SoCal and it was very nice, and it is square.

10. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Thanks for the info everyone. FrozenMerc, Your Bed Looks really nice, sorry about the accident, guess it all worked out though.....

11. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Thanks, It is pretty dirty and dusty in the pics. As they say shit happens, or in my case, 85 year old men driving Crown Vics who can't see the end of the hood happen. But I was really pleased with the service and quality of the bed from Pro's Pick.

12. havi

havi

Just another option here: Hot Rod's classic truck parts. They're in Ohio. (they might be a Dan Carpenter dealer, I dunno) Either way, since it shows ya in Maine, shipping could get really expensive on top of an expensive bed.

13. Dirk35

Dirk35

I bought my front and rear bed panels a few weeks ago from Mac's Antique Auto. I only needed the front bed panel, the rear bed crossmember (little rear roll pan) and the tailgate. Very straight forward install on the rear crossmember.

My truck is actually a 49 with 51 front sheetmetal in case you are wondering the confusion, so I kept the bed all 48-49 F1.

I also used Macs for the bed on my 35 Pickup. I highly recommend them.

Attached Files:

14. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

I get all my stuff from Hot Rod's...

15. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Im bumping this thread, to see if anyone else has input. I need to get a bed soon.
    Thanks for any sugestions.