Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. wagonwheel

wagonwheel

nice lowered stance how did you do it?

2. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Yeah! I've seen that in action. I even drew a picture of it. The guy has trucks and cars suspended in trees on his property.

3. Man!! Chrome bumpers and red wheels!! You shouldn't have!

Dude, I really appreciate the time you took on this. Looks good.

BloodyKnuckles

4. Hellfish, I'm totally diggin your van. Give yourself a bit of credit. It is well deserved.

BloodyKnuckles

5. Church

Church
    from South Bay

The Hellfish van is bad ass. Saw it at the pile up and loved it. Would have loved to chat with him more, but he had like a 1500 car show to deal with or something. Haha. He is THE source of all econoline knowledge as far as I'm concerned.

I hope to download my pics tonight. I will post a couple. Maybe one of mine too......if I'm feeling spunky. It's caused one headache after another. Thank god for people smarter than myself to figure this shit out and beat that metal into submission.

6. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

Thanks. I flipped the front axle and put a 1" lowering block in. For the rear I flipped the axle then had to raise it up with a lift shackle kit as it was to low and was resting on the frame. I need to work out the steering to deal with the bumpsteer issues that I will see and figure out what to do with the radiator since the axle and radiator want to inhabit the same area. I also need to put in the notches. But I do dig the stance, so I am going to do what I can to keep it.

Later,
    Chad

7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Any time man. Many years ago a buddy of mine had one of these. Lotta good memories...I think. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  8. Hellfish

Hellfish

I've been having a lot of bumpsteer issues since I dropped in the v8 and it's NOT lowered. As for the radiator, what about setting it in at an angle and using a puller fan?

Thanks! It's kinda junky, but I did almost all of it myself (with a lot of help), plus I know that I'm going to actively work on making it nicer. I hate rust, but that's what you get in the Midwest. Oh yeah, and I'm no expert, but I did a LOT of reading on the Econoline forums before I started working on it, and I've logged a lot of hours underneath that thing... and correcting my own mistakes.

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

Oh yeah, I have to give credit where it's due. I have to thank JamesD for the scallop design. I requested a Watson-style photoshop and he came through big time! OldSignBob printed the signs, and Django designed them.

10. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

Yeah, I was thinking of doing the angled thing on the radiator, or maybe even getting a nicer bigger radiator and putting it in the bed. As for the steering, I am not sure what we are going to do. I got a buddy that does suspension work so I plan on having him over and we will see what we can come up with.

11. Funny:D

BloodyKnuckes

12. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Van GO.

Attached Files:

13. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

Ohh, i know this guy! He and his son a trouble makers.:D:D Just kidding Steve! It was great having you at the shirt booth and the van looking tough! Hope to be able to check it out but just not enough time.

14. erock805

erock805

Sheesh Coby. That thing is amazing. A true work of art! Makes me wanna sell mine.

Chad as I said before. Congrats and the rig sits perfect. I thought if u remove the brace u can push the rad up and forward to clear the axle.

15. Burny

Burny

Damn Coby! That is looking awesome!

16. Church, I'm building a '64 Chevy van and have been a Chevy guy my whole life, but I drool all over my keyboard whenever I see pics of your Econoline, flippin' cool as it gets!!! Can't wait to see more pics!!!

17. Hot Rod Hellcat

Hot Rod Hellcat
    from Sweden

Realy nays van good work :)

18. mothradeath

mothradeath

cobys van is definately unbelievable. it is now THE econoline.. as all others are just striving to get noticed. i am anxiously awaiting the finished pictures.
    I made some serious headway on the front of mine the past few weeks using a how-to i found on the HAMB that is a custom grille using old vw beetle bumper over riders. i of course tried to add as much of my own ideas as possible to make it different from the original posters. there is 15 teeth that will be going the entire way across. waiting for the rest to show up to finish it. also i sunk the headlight bezel in and the bulb itself an inch and a half each to give it some depth. basically trying to go as custom as possible and make it mean looking in the process.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i also frenched my tails in an obnoxious amount but i love the look of it. i gotta give credit to fuzzy bunny for the louverd pan idea. sorry i stole it. i of course gotta give you the credit. i tried to add as many as possible and make it as different of a layout as possible to not bite too hard. thanks man.
    [​IMG]

19. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

^^^ looking great ^^^

Later,Bill

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

that looks awesome! Good job

21. Joe King

Joe King

one bad ass ford, Coby
    [​IMG]

22. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Just found this awesome thread!

That truck is beyond bitchin! :eek:

23. Pheonominal Coby!!!!

Also, have any of you guys come across cracks in your frames? I found and repaired one on the drivers side frame rail where the motor mount attaches.

Just curious if this is a common problem.

BloodyKnuckles

24. Philbilly

Philbilly

Bad Ass!

25. RobSWD

RobSWD

that's sweet!!! do you have a link to build pics?

26. econovanman

econovanman
    from yakima wa

on my 61 i had a few fish plates behind my right front wheel where they had been repaired once. Another spot i had problems with is the end of the rails in the front you can see them behind the grill they seperated from the body.

27. Thanks man! I appreciate the response. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

BloodyKnuckles

28. spanxxxdyer

spanxxxdyer
    from Calgary

I had a vertical crack on the outboard drivers side frame rail right behind where the leaf spring hanger was. Mine's a '63.

29. Hellfish

Hellfish

I ahven't noticed any cracks in mine, but I'll take a closer look now

30. econovanman

econovanman
    from yakima wa

i have looked a few over and it seems that the 61-63 vans have the cracking problem