Register now to get rid of these ads!

1961 Chevrolet Parkwood "OLD GOLD" 108k Original Miles "Patina Rod"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr.1961, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I agree

RIP ED

2. I love it! I'd run astro supremes....

3. Mr.1961

Mr.1961

Thanks again Charlie! Finally I get to see the sedan she came from. I have to build me one of them. :D

4. hemifarris

hemifarris

Nice wagon. I like it............Mike

5. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

I love and hate this car.

love it cuz its a kick ass wagon. the clear over the patina is cool. you did a great job.

hate it cuz its not my 61 wagon.

very cool.

6. I'm not sure you've used "patina" enough yet...

Congrats on the wagon though. Good grab.

7. Mr.1961

Mr.1961

Thanks I appreciate it.

Haha! Thank you.
    Thanks Mike! Beautiful 59 Elco!

8. Very cool wagon!!!

9. Hexadox

Hexadox

I love this wagon and I had no idea about the clr.

I've got a '61 laurentian that I'm working on, it's a canadian pontiac so underneath it's all chevy. I'm curious about your windshield. The only part # I can come up with for these cars is DW607, not 609 and when I look for that # in my different supplier's database' it comes up with nothing. Did someone just write the wrong number on the box or is there something special about this particular windshield??

Also, I just lost my brakes the other day at a pretty good speed. It was a little frightening to say the least and I had to kick myself because I've been sittin on a full CPP front disc conversion as well as a new twin pot master cylinder and power booster that I've been too lazy to install. Why did you put in a new single pot master cylinder? With all the upgrades you've done I'm really surprised you didn't upgrade you M/C. I was extremely lucky that I had a clear road in front of me, but if I'd installed my new M/C I would have been able to pump up my brakes enough to stop me instead of relying on my e-brake. Sorry, I don't mean to be a safety nazi, but this just happened to me last week and my sphincter still hasn't unclenched...;)

10. No Cents

No Cents

Mr. 1961, Love your wagon. I actually like BOTH sets of wheels/tires.
    You've got options this way.
    Question about using CLR ?
    Do you use it straight, or diluted ? Just it and Scotch Brite ?
    I have an O/T '67 Chevelle I want to try it on.

11. Mr.1961

Mr.1961

Here's the kicker, just like in my photo, grab yourself a nice 5 gal bucket, run in the house and turn on some warm/hot water. Fill'er up to 3/4 or even full (if you can). Go back outside and add you some CLR just as if you were adding car wash soap to your bucket. It doesn't have to be half the bottle!!! You'll just be wasting it. Grab you a fresh brandnew 8x8" 3M scotchbrite pad and work a specific area gently just as if you were washing your car. This does NOT have to be vigorously done. Otherwise you will eat through your paint because of the scotchbrite. You can start just like I did at the hood, do one half at a time. It don't take too much effort and it's like opening up an awesome Christmas present when you're finished. Sorta like having a new ride! :D Good Luck on the Chevelle!

Hey Hexadox, that number signifies, EZ-EYE GREEN GLASS, what my wagon originally came with. I believe the 607 is Clear glass. All my years of owning 1961's I've always rolled drum brakes, I've adapted to like them and never had any major issues with them. well, the 61 Nomad I was rebuilding I ended up putting Willwoods 4 wheel on then sold it before finishing.

Thanks 63CadGuy!

12. sololobo

sololobo

Congrats on a super cool build, you really did some tasty touches. I have promised not to mention changes "I" would do., but since it is mentioned, the steelies, dog dishes(very cool ones), and thin white walls are boss. Thanx for the de-rust tip, opened a lot of eyes with that one. Enjoy your cruzer my friend. ~Sololobo~

13. Mr.1961

Mr.1961

:cool:

14. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I dig the car...wheels and all. Seems like I've seen those CLR pics before here or on another forum...great info. As nice as the inside turned out, I can't see how you can resist a slick paint job. Very cool.

15. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Great looking wagon , good job. I love the late 50 early 60 wagons. Got my eye on a good solid untouched original 60 Chevy Kingswood . He is asking 7500. for it and I thought that was a little high. I guess if thats what your looking for and its solid thats a ok price. Saves alot of time and work replacing sheet metal.

16. As long as you were getting the glass from Auto City Classic it would have been a plus to add one of their front disc setups. I have their stuff on my 62 SS and it along with a 605 sterring box make a world of difference in the safety catagory. Gotta say this is one very cool build.

17. racer756

racer756

Great wagon, thank you for sharing!!

18. Mr.1961

Mr.1961

Thanks 64Cyclone!

No fresh paint job for this one-of-a-kind slick original paint. It's a nice break for me from some fresh color.

It may just be worth the asking if the body is solid as a rock, that's somewhat close to what I paid for mine.

Thanks chalkboard for the compliments!

Thanks racer! :D

19. 19CHEV59

19CHEV59

Hey, The wagon looks great!! Just picked one up my self,lots of fun! I saw what that CLR did to the hood of your car. Just curious if you have to seal it up right away. And if you just use the scotch bright or an old towel??
    Thanks

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  20. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

sweet wagons, and I like the CLR treatment.

21. Mr.1961

Mr.1961

Thank you. You don't have to seal it right away, but if moisture is prevalent in your area, then I would suggest placing your vehicle in dry storage. Otherwise, get yourself some Urethane clear and lock in that original mother nature's one of a kind creation. :D

22. Mr.1961

Mr.1961

I finished hardlining my fuel delivery this morning with some polished 3/8 and added a custom bent vacuum advance line.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

nice

ill take taht old 283 off your hands :0)

my 63 could use a rebuilt engine

24. Mr.1961

Mr.1961

Long gone... :(

25. bstie

bstie

Great build and really cool car! Question with the dual breathers do you still have a pvc/pcv valve ? Your motor is a work of art. What distributor are you using?

26. Mr.1961

Mr.1961

Thanks bstie!

I don't run any PCV, not needed with the overkill seen on my valve covers.

Thanks again for the compliments on the motor, I'm really happy the way she turned out too. This motor turned out similar to my ragtop 61 I did last year with the exception of shine.

[​IMG]

27. bstie

bstie

Cool can you tell me the brand of Distributor and coil you used I like the old school look with modern components!

28. Mr.1961

Mr.1961

It's a MSD billet ready to run Chevy and MSD 2 Blaster Coil.

29. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

30. Mr.1961

Mr.1961

You ready to run to Daytona next month brother? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.