Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead Generator mount, did they make this for passenger side?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sixcarb, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Does anybody now if this generator mount was ever made for the passenger side head, I have this one for the drivers side but I need to run two of them on something I'm setting up and would like to know if it was ever made in the same style, thanks.

[​IMG]

2. sassaquinn

sassaquinn

Yes , Try Speedway motors.

3. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

The ones they offer are different from the one I have, I may go that route if I cant find the exact style of the one I already have.

4. elmitcheristo

elmitcheristo

Hello,

I purchased a passenger mount that is very similar to that from H&H. I think it may be a little taller though. It is the Navarro version.

-Mitch

5. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Most of the passenger head ones mount the generator vertically perpendicular to the ground. I have only seen one mount it perpendicular to the head like the driver's side ones. There are some that mount them at an angle to the head, but not quite perpendicular.

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The 2 sides from one manufacturer are normally two different angles, one more or less perp to the ground, the other perp to the head. The reason?? Perpendicular to the ground rolled the gen in a bit and gave slightly better belt wrap. It was for '32-38 and '42-48 which had lots of room there. '39-41's mostly had the fan on crankshaft with very low radiator and hoses, and the mount that fit the others put the generator right through the upper hose, so they got the mount perpendicular to head that rolled the generator away, but gave rather scanty contact between belt and water pump on that side.
    I think all manufacturers made one of each, as both types of application were very popular.
    Which one was right and which was left varied, I think. That was immaterial as everything that mattered was symmetrical.