Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Retro Rides by Rich Does A Survivor...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by retroridesbyrich, Jan 11, 2010.

1. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Boones - I'm booking my flight right now. But ya gotta feed me and provide emotional support! :eek:

Gary - no doubt! :)

Jeffrey - The rear radius rods was a "Chrome Upgrade", just made sense along with the rear spring. :D

2. Great progress Rich! Looking forward to seeing you at Goodguys!

3. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Thanks Brett. I hope to be at Charlotte with the TDS, beleive me I need to get out to a show; it's been one tough year around here and I could use the break.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well I'll tell you what friend. Why don't you cut out the power parking of the TDS and come hang with the Iron Lords in the same spot. We'll have stuff to eat and people to talk to just so you can relax and have fun. I can't imagine the year you just had but I can tell you that definitely deserve to let loose and unload.

We (THE Iron Lords) will be having a pre party on Friday night too. Nothing huge but just a nice showing of friends and some beverages as well. Come hang out that night as well and we'll all roll in on Saturday together.

5. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Jeffrey, do I power park? I usally park in the same spot for years becuase that's were people that I know figure I'll be. I really hope to make it there Jeffrey. I'm working on it.

Making it to the IL party was at the top of my list.

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You don't really power park but you do park with all the fancy people at least in a place were a car that's even remotely unfinished can't go haha!!! But that's your lively hood and I would park with the top dogs to if my stuff was as cool as yours. Park the TDS over there and come hang with us when ever you can.

7. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Top dogs? Hell, they all park in the garage area! I'm out there in the sticks with the rest of the white trash!

8. gardenjeg

gardenjeg
    from nc

Where do you usually park I like to see that ride?

9. Hey, Rich. I'll be going down on Friday. I can help you get the TDS to Concord and the speedway if you need or want the help. All you have to do is ask me!

And if you still want to be top dog, we can put the TDS up on milk crates in the middle of the other cars! :D

10. doc's

doc's

It'll be nice to see the TDS out again!!

11. doc's

doc's

...oh, the Survivor is coming along very nicely!!:cool:

12. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

I appreciate it Brett. The car has sat since Charlotte last year. Because of problems with the engine builder I never got to tune the weber carbs, but with Ed's help (SOTA on the HAMB) he got me going in the right direction as far as jetting etc. and there were a few things I needed to attend to on the car, since it was a thrash right up to the last minute getting it finished last year.

Plus, I've been (happily) busy with the this roadster build and some other circumstances, so time has been at a premium.

Above all else; I'm looking forward to seeing you folks! :)

13. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Ya know you could stop by. :p

14. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

I usually park with the rest of the...just kidding.

This car won't be there, but I usually park just outside of what used to be called the ARCA garage area, take the tunnel road straight till you come to the feneced in area and make a right turn before the fence.

15. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

A few more pics...

Attached Files:

16. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Rich, Those are some clean and simple detail shots of the roadster as you are assembling it. Looking forward to futher progress.

17. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Making progress, got the brakes adjusted, started to do the wiring, brake lines are done and buttoned up. Made the "glove box" to house the tach signal unit, fuse block and relays. Made the stainless firewall panel, it has to go out for polishing. The car in it's original build had an aluminum firewall, we opted for a stainless to have a more durable shine.

Attached Files:

18. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Rich, You are coming along great on this roadster. Love the detail you are putting into this one. Will stay tuned for further updates !

19. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Thanks Dave. I'm moving along.

20. csclassics

csclassics

This rod is turning out REAL nice!! Love the color and your attention to detail.

21. doc's

doc's

much better car than you started with.....

22. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

:eek:

23. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

If I had the instrument cluster bezel back from the polisher I could finish the wiring of the gauges and the switches, but other than that the wiring is, for the most part, done. Also did the insulation of the floor and other miscellaneous little things that take forever.

Attached Files:

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Rich is that Lobuc's insulation you're using? I'm using his on my '35 but I didn't know if maybe you're putting anything else under it. What about the firewall? Any extra protection?

Also, the Voltage Regulator in the glove box is pretty trick!

25. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Jeffrey, I don't remember what brand the insualtion is, I had some laying around so I used it. I didn't have much of an area to do.

26. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Have had several delays, and been busy. But the engine is done, got it painted yesterday. I've got to get the bellhousing from the polisher then I can get the engine mounted in the frame....

Attached Files:

27. doc's

doc's

Looks great Bud!!

28. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Rich, That mill is sure looking neat for this roadster ! It would be greatto hear it rumble to life ! Keep up the great work.

29. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Moving along, doing the fuel system right now, decided to run an electric pump instead of the stock mechanical.

Attached Files:

30. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Looking great Rich!! You're on your way to playing with Tigers yourself one day!

I polished my Offy trans adapter as well although I only spent about an hr hand doing it so it;s not nearly as shiny. It's the details thought right?