Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texas State Championships 2010 - Nostalgia Drags & Hot Rod Show - San Antonio, TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

It's actually 600 feet of concrete.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JpZ5zBu_okw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JpZ5zBu_okw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

Killer track and good prep. Lots of room for parking.

3. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Can you spend the night at the track Saturday?

4. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

I have been told you can Friday night.

5. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

looks like a good tune up for the csga nostalgia nationals the next weekend with 1320 ft of concrete with a nhra prep on the 23d for the divisional. so have fun and see ya at noble the next week..

6. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

We were wondering the same, elim. runs don't start till 6. Maybe Mark can check for us.

7. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

You can call the track office 9 am - 5 pm cst, 830-914-4646, or 210-698-2310, or Freddy (track president) 210-849-3225

8. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

9. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Yep that's what I was thinking also,of course the way I've been driving I might be on the road by 6:30.:mad:

10. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

I'll get with Freddy at the track and find out.

11. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

12. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

What does your car need to run...(rules)

13. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

Basic safety rules --- helmet and seat belt, roll bar if it's really fast or a roadster, just the same basic sort of safety requirements you would find anywhere else. You will not have to pass IHRA or NHRA tech, but it does need to be safe. No offense, but if you're not sure that your car is safe enough to race, then you probably oughta get to work on it over the next 10 days and make it so. We don't want you, us, or anybody else getting hurt and spoiling the good time.

14. 76cam

76cam

Ill be there and a few members of my car club bringing a 63 chevy truck,55chevytruck and the old rag(66fairlane one in avatar)to race

15. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

thanks for the info.just asking.

16. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

17. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

Talked to Freddy about Saturday night. It is possible to make this happen, but would like some feedback on how many plan to stay. The issue is not staying at the track, but having someone available to close up once everyone is gone. We can arrange for someone to close up, but if there's only a couple people staying, it's a hard sale.

18. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

Here's a late breaking development for you, race fans. It is official now. All three of the major fuel racing circuits will be holding their Season Finale at the Texas State Championship race. Southwest Junior Fuel Dragster Ass'n had been holding out for a final date at Dallas Raceway next month. The track is bankrupt, and yesterday cancelled SWJFA's November race date. We offered again to host their Season Finale at the TSC, and, circumstances now being what they are, this time they agreed.

That makes it unanimous. With all three of the major circuits holding their official final race of the season that will determine each circuit's points winner, the Texas State Championship race will really get to earn it's big name this year. We hope this is just the first year of many when all three of these important circuits choose to hold their final race of the season at the TSC.

19. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

With this all going on and elims starting at 6 what time do you think it will be finished? ( just a guess) Wanting to know about staying at the track sat nite.

20. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

Bill,

With the revised schedule, eliminations will now begin with the 1st round of SWJFA running at 4:30 PM. We want to be done with the race no later than 10:00 PM if possible. SAR has a good crew and runs a tight operation. The track has not made arrangements for anyone to stay over on Saturday night, and they want us to finish up early enough for everybody to get out of there well before bedtime.

Hope this fits with your plans.

21. TXGreazer13

TXGreazer13

Tell you friends to drive their classics for the show!!!!!

22. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Just booked our room! I love it when my wife makes me take her to the races!

23. rustychrome

rustychrome

Its gonna be a BLAST!!!! I will see all yall there !!!!

24. NOLUCK13

NOLUCK13

I missed day of the drags, but I'm not going to miss this one!!

25. Rusty

Rusty

When do time trial begin that Saturday? We were planning on coming down Saturday morning and staying Saturday night. Do you think you will move the start time up anymore?

26. Danny G

Danny G

I thought last year it was on sunday, why on sat this year?

27. rustychrome

rustychrome

Hell yes ! I just got word, a bunch of other Gearheads from Austin are going too! State Championships - its gonna be competitive for sure !

28. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

Gates open at 8 AM Saturday. Time trials start at 12 Noon. They will not be moved to an earlier time. The track has not made arrangements for anyone to stay over on Saturday night, and they want us to finish up early enough for everybody to get out of there well before bedtime (hopefully before 10 PM).

29. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

Danny,

Because last year Sunday was the only date Northstar in Denton had open, and because this year Saturday was the date that SAR had open. That's why the guys in the video say "Saturday! Saturday!" instead of "Sunday! Sunday!" It's also to help the out-of-towners (Texas is a big ol' place, doncha know!).

30. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Thanks, sounds great, this is going to be a great event!!!