Register now to get rid of these ads!

next to the barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by freeze plug, Oct 11, 2010.

1. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

well, my dad ran into an old friend of his and told him that I was looking for a model A, and and asked if he knew of anything around. Apparently he knew of this older lady, her husband had passed away a number of years ago and his model A coupe had been stored under a lean-to next to an old barn on the property. Apparently it was a driver when parked, but that was 15+ years ago.

good thing is....she still has the old registration paperwork AND a CT TITLE!!! picking it up this thursday. Going to have to cut down some small trees and brush and drag it out. The lean-to is on its way out so we need to get the car out as soon as possible before a fatal collapse...

I have been looking for a body for about 5 years, so this was really a blessing finding a whole car in reasonable shape and pretty unmolested about a half hour from home. not sure what the plans are yet, but it will include the 8ba and 3 speed that I have. I wanted a chopped coupe, but I dont want to mess with a decent body if it really is as good as it looks when we pull it out in the daylight. I also have a '33 dropped axle, '38 rear and 4 '38 wide fives and drums, reverse eye spring, and all new front end shackles, bushings, king pins, etc. I had another frame that I was going to use for my hot rod build, but this was still has the paperwork with it which is a major bonus.

sorry for the large pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kma4444

kma4444

That's just cool

3. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

4. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

you need to thank your old man pronto!

5. 42 chevy

42 chevy

6. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

nice, you find that in granby?? always amazed the stuff tucked away!

7. Awesome! Another one saved! Great patina, solid straight body, what a great start!

8. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Nice find. Reminds me of my brothers car when he found it. here is a more recent pic(first pic). I found mine with no fenders and stuff, so I chopped it and did some other stuff (second pic). I would vote to leave it with fenders if it cleans up good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is also one of my roadster, and my brothers coupe
    [​IMG]

9. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

You don't want that coupe, theres no headlights. Now me, I never drive at night anyway so I could own a car like that. :D:D Nice find and good luck with whatever you do with it. Lippy:)

10. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

That is radical!!!:eek:

11. Troyz

Troyz

Nice find/save. It's nice that she parted with it. It looks really solid. Congratulations.

12. Man...nice score on that coupe!!! I hope you gave the GENEROUS old lady a big kiss and hugged her real good....ya dont find too many older folks who would part with something that belonged to their lifelong mate...

13. csimonds

csimonds

Very Cool Man! I wish I could find that here in CT. I did find a few A's but they were all rotted. I could have shook them and then swept them up.
    CHUCK

14. ncie picture, and an even nicer find. great job man.

15. dsr_54

dsr_54

Nice find. Love the old coupes.

16. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

Thanks guys, im REALLY excited! I haven't even seen it in person yet.... My dad snapped those pictures while I was at work.

17. BlownMerc

BlownMerc
    from Jerome

Awesome find! Good luck with the build

18. RGG

RGG

Great find and I love your plans for it as well. I am doing a similar build as well.

RGG

19. 100% Matt

100% Matt

If ya need help pulling this baby out just let me know.:)

20. BenW455

BenW455

21. Jax2A

Jax2A

Man, I wouldn't be able to sleep until that thing was in my garage for a month or so. Nice find.

22. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

thanks matt, i'll let you know if we have any trouble, we may need a third set of hands possibly over the weekend if we can't extract it in one shot. our trailer has a winch on it though, so I don't anticipate too big of an issue

23. Way to score !!!!, I guess they are still out there,,,Sam

24. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lucky dog! Well...you have been looking for 5 years. OK...persistent dog! LOL. Congratulations.

25. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

I should have clarified....looking for a decent and REASONABLY priced body for the past 5 years! I have been pretty picky, perhaps too picky, but I really wanted to wait until the right time and i'm glad that I did

26. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Very cool find, should make a cool rod!

Small tip on the pix; If you're using XP, download Microsoft's ImageResizer. Very easy tool! Just right-click the pic, set to medium and you're done!

27. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

well, plans have changed and we aren't able to pick it up until sunday morning. updates to follow then...

28. 46Chief

46Chief

Great Find. Congrats. Keep us posted

29. Paul B

Paul B

nice fine got it's brother sitting in my garage.

30. WTFHemi

WTFHemi
    from Austin

hell, it's beautiful just like that..i'd put new rubber on, start it up and go to town..