Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gasser Station Wagons anybody have pic's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 76cam, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

He put the straight axel thru the oil pan ? :confused::p;)

2. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

Sorry Canadian's don't get a vote. Seems the only ones in this thread having trouble with the term Gasser are Canadian's:confused::confused::confused::confused: What don't you understand ay?

3. You answered your own question, it says coupe or sedan... a wagon is not a sedan.. but you know what, I don't care, I personally like the Jr. Stock wagons of the 60's but hey to each their own... some people like to call their car a Rat Rod but we all think that is an insult... it's really all about having fun with YOUR car and to heck with what anyone else thinks in less their buying it.. I love wagons and have since my first one in 1968.. so call it what ever you want and have fun with it....

4. 76cam

76cam

These pic's are awsome and i have to agree with Shizzelbamsnapper on the whole gasser thing. Keep those pic's coming. Got to love it.

5. 65 impala

65 impala

bad ass canada rules

6. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Neither were Willys pickups, or Anglia and Thames panels, but there were plenty of those running in the Gas classes.

-Brad

7. I agree with Groucho,the ford fairlane and the Mopar are both STREET FREAKS in my book,,,,,,which is cool.its just a lotta kids and guys not around during the time dont know the differance.then again some kinda cross over

Attached Files:

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

What about that yellow '46-48 Chevy gasser that was in TRJ? Can't seem to find a pic right now but it's TUFF!

9. That's my buddy Larry's. Here it is at GNRS a few yrs ago parked next to my AWB car

[​IMG]

10. Here's a Canadian car that was at Lancaster, Ny nostalgia drags this summer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

428 poncho mill and a nifty rearend painting
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That's it! Damn what a cool car.

12. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

This is where I have a problem, A/GS stood for a supercharged car, I see no supercharger in this picture.....

If your gonna claim gasser at least claim the right class A/G, B/G, C/G would be where this car fits in at.

13. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

So as long as someone is buddy of Groucho's their wagon can be called a gasser? Sorry still stand by mine being more of a Gasser than a street freak.

14. How did I get roped into this argument? I just provided a picture that was requested. I never claimed anything except that Chrysler wagon being a street freak

15. Oh, and if you want your Fairlane wagon to more mimick the Gasser "look", radius the rear wells and drop the back about 2-3 inches. As-is, it mimicks a 70's street freak. OH, so THAT'S how I got into this argument:D

16. Chalupa55

Chalupa55
    from So-Cal

I can agree that "Gasser" may be the new "word of the day" like "Rat Rod" had become, but in my eyes a "Rat Rod" is a "hunk-o-shit" that was slapped together with duct tape and bubble gum. When I hear "Gasser" I think of well built (mostly)badass cars that represent drag racing history WHETHER they were really raced back in the day or not should'nt be relevant. If you get that butt hurt over some calling or styling there car as a "Gasser" get over yourself.

Now lets see some more photos. Anyone got any of 55/56 Fords?

17. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

When the guy agreed with what you said, then asked for a picture. Nothing against your personally.

Trust me the radius wheelwells and a lower rear stance is in the future.:D

18. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

sheesh!
    A sawed in half Chevy station wagon is anything but a gasser...

19. That things really cool! But, wow, what a mondo front tire

20. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Can we please get over this!!!! Again, gasser is now, whether you like it or not, a generic term for a straight axle or nose up car. Please lord lets move on!

21. Street Freak, not a gasser. An it's a "Rat" Street Freak at that, even more annoying.

22. Hey Groucho I said it was a street freak not a gasser,so somehow he aimed it at you,thats my take on it,then again I was around when the street frreak thing was hot..........like I said before JMO!!!

23. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

funny the ones bitching about the whole "Street Freak"/ "Gasser" thing don't even own one, yet they want to tell use what to call them.

When someone says the word Gasser, four things come to mind.

1. Straight Axle
    2. Blower
    3. Tinted Windows
    4. Manual Trans

24. Heres another of the chevy

Attached Files:

25. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Street freaks are cooler than gassers anyway....haha.....

26. wondering who would get the joke.hell according to some guys if its got a axle,tinted windows etc its a gasser........and NO its not a gasser.......:D

Attached Files:

27. Racrdad

Racrdad

I love gassers! Even if they are really "street freaks".......

28. wvenfield

wvenfield

Just saying...... I don't have a vagina either but I know one when I see one.

29. Skirv

Skirv

I'm not criticizing your car in any way, I like it, but I'm commenting on your "four things" statement. A very large number of actual gas class cars never had straight axles, blowers, or tinted windows.