Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Pileup 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Drove from the far eastside of Michigan. We are here ready to partake in the festivities. See you in a little while.

2. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Just got in, seeing a bunch of cars in the lot and a few on the road on the way in. There must be some other event west of here a few hours, there was a bunch of restored classics heading west all day.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and their rides tomorrow.

3. Plumb

Plumb
    from Dundee, IL

Leaving Elgin area Saturday about 7AM, have plans tonight so I'll miss the party tonight, damn.

4. BadApplePinupsINC

BadApplePinupsINC
    from Decatur IL

Holy hot rods batman! US51 and Decatur have never looked so good! My friend and I went out of town for a little today and we were both stoked at all the cars! Cruisin Eldo last night was a good time, but tomorrow will be amazing! I'll be rolling in with the Paddys again this year, and will have something for the m+g again as well! Can't wait to see everyone and get a little crazy!!!

5. jonly

jonly

Saw a few at the local gas station, looking forward to getting over to decatur tomorrow.

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

It's 5:45am and I'm killing time in the lobby waiting to head over to set up. :D

7. gonmad

gonmad

Some Jack Hole pulled the fire alarm at our hotel in middle of the night last night.....niiiice!!
    Gonna be an awesome day!!

8. That's your wake up call to go get in line to wait to get in the gate.

9. FOMOCO15

FOMOCO15

Well I have to say I was very impressed. I have heard about the Pile up for a long time, and I finally got to witness it in person. I was not disappointed. The Cruise on Eldo was something I haven't seen since I was about 16 and even then it wasn't nearly that packed or that cool. The Pileup was among the most impressive things I have seen. Ran into some old friends that I didn't even think were into cars and met some new people that I hope to see again next year. I will be building something for next year for sure starting next week. Very Impressed to say the least!

10. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

The Meat & Greet was well attended and there are some pic floating around there, I hope someone post's them, I would estimate that about 60 folks showed up, thank to Old Bob Sign and Glo for the name tags and the stickers. See ya all tonite.

B:DB

11. amitygravel

amitygravel

When to my first ever HCPU today. What a great time! The venue was really nice and the layout was too. Couldn't have been any easier pulling in and getting parked as a spectator today. Thanks to Decatur and a BIG THANKS to the ChromeCzarzs for bringing the event to the area. Hope all went well for the entire event and look forward to more!

12. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

had a great time at the show left befor the meet n greet. thanks for the great show...jones

13. Merge

Merge

I just got back from the show, it was great! You guys did a helluva job! We had a great time! Thanks for putting this on, I know it's a lot of work.

14. Mac_55

Mac_55

The Pile Up from and H.C.P.U virgins point of view .
    In one word ....... AMAZING!!!
    TO everyone , and i mean EVERYONE that had anything to do with this show , i sincerely thank you . I have been wanting to attend this show for the last 5 or 6 years since the first time i was told of it. THis was going to be my first year and i can officially say it will not be my last. I had planned on bringing my 2 55's after talking to Hellfish , but unforseen circumstances kept popping up and the illinois youth firearm deer season came in thismorning and i had a 9 year old and a 12 year old just itching to go on thier first deer hunt so with all of my other obligations , bringing the cars was not an option . Yet we did crawl out of the deer blind an hour early , i dawned my best 55 chevy shirt i owned and the 3 of us loaded up and headed north. I was riding with 2 hot rod loving , match box collecting young boys that were so excited they could not sit still " and i was worse ha ha ha" We rolled into Decatur at a quarter after 10 and the only time we had to hit our brakes were at the stop lights , The folks handling the parking did an amazing job , there were no backups or anything , like a well tuned machine they worked perfectly.
    Just the walk through the parking lot was enough to give me goose bumps and then we started seeing the cars pouring in through the fence and i didnt know if i wanted to laugh , cry or yell. It was Heaven ha ha ha . We got into the show and me and the boys quickly organised a game plan on how to attack the mass. We know more than got 6 cars in and i hear a monster behind me really fighting the boost and sounding evil and here comes this little red ford and a blown olds that just screams wicked . All the boys could utter was " oh my god" as they pointed fingers in every direction so fast it had to look like they were flicking boogers at the speed of light. And then another throaty rumble cuts loose and i see the Suicide Kick with the front wheels in the air , it was like watching a celebrity pass . Ive sat and watched these cars on youtube through the winter months when its to cold in the garage and here they were in flesh and blood ........ Well sheet metal & enamel .
    The cars were amazing . Ive seen people get mad and wine about " this car got let in , or this car had this wrong" you wont hear any of that from me , i was tickled to death to get to be there . It wouldnt have mattered to me if every other step found my left foot in a pile of beagle poop , i would have still been grinning ear to ear . I didnt get to meet anyone from here , or atleast i dont think i did . I did however find myself in the middle of the Czars circle and met one of you fellas parents and sister. I said hello , shook hands and asked them to please tell you guys THANK YOU for putting this on . I also made a point to tell the Red Shirt Army thank you for volunteering and shook thier hands as well . They were all extremely nice and appreciated the thank you just as much as i appreciated thier help whenever i asked for it . Plenty of vendors for an ice cold drink wherever we turned . The swap meet was great , The music was awsome and everyone i spoke with was very polite .
    This was hands down the best organised show i have ever attended . I had an uncle that had his nova at the cruisin eldo event , more friends went to the digs friday night and it was just a great Hot Rod filled weekend . Thank you goes out to all involved . I hope the Hunnert sticks around Decatur a while longer.

Thank You Czars for a great expieriance!!
    Mac

15. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I am glad that it turned out great. I want to see some pics since this is the first one i missed since i have been going from number 2 on. Come on people show me pics to make me regret not going this year.

16. 38standard

38standard
    from il.

The square at Clinton friday night was way cool...

17. jonly

jonly

18. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

agreed

19. junkmonger

junkmonger

Excellent show as usual! Well worth the 2 1/2 hours each way to see it.

20. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

A quick upload from the HAMB meet and greet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  21. cozee

cozee

Wow! My first Hunnert but definitely not my last! Great event, great cars, and great deals. Everyone I spoke with had nothing but praise and only overheard a couple folks complaining about the amount of paint on the cars allowed in the show this year. I was only able to stay from opening till noon and the place was rockin long before the first band started. My wife and I spent at least an hour watching the entrance parade of cars and trucks with the occasional motorcycle enterin g the show grounds. I took a hint from my wife that our next project will be a 50's something coupe. The hint really wasn't that hard to take since with each successive couple that rolled in I'd get an elbow the the arm or ribs followed by her telling me to look at that one!!!

We went through row after row of cars faster than I would have like but we were limited on time due to a grandson having a football playoff game at 2pm, 96 miles away. However, I enjoyed seeing cars and meeting people in person instead of in picture or videos. My hat is off the the Czars, Bombers, Red Shirt Army, Progress City, The City of Decatur, The Decatur Police Department, and everyone else involved in the planning and running of this event. Awesome!

See ya next year!!!

22. MODELA30

MODELA30

Great show wow!!!!!!! The temps were great. Met some great people and seen old friends just one of the years best shows have not missed one for the last 4 years. Thanks knuck from indiana.

Attached Files:

23. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

The ice cream bar was almost as large as this little girl :):)

Wessner inspired truck,,,was inspiring.

Attached Files:

24. 54_BelAir

54_BelAir

Love the new location. Totally worth the trip!...Some of my 300+ pics...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2203651&id=37705679&l=2dba8b68d1

25. MODELA30

MODELA30

Oh by the way that green truck in my last post was hand made great tin knocker just pure talent i wish i had 9 lives to do all i want to do!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

26. MODELA30

MODELA30

Chicago slackers car. Flakes are in man!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

27. MODELA30

MODELA30

I can not post them all. Great swap meet too. 2 and a 1/2 hour drive. But i tell you what see you next year!!! Knuck from indiana.

28. 54_BelAir

54_BelAir

Only flame thrower I saw...any others?
    [​IMG]

Anyone get pics or videos of the burnouts?

Just can't say enough about this show...hats off to everyone that made this a huge success!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  29. MODELA30

MODELA30

Last ones!!! Knuck from indiana.

Attached Files:

30. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Looks like Bob was doubleing as a safety cone this year.