Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone make reverse pedal mounts besides wilwood

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carpe Noctem, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem
    BANNED
    from Las Vegas

I've been looking for a set of reverse mount pedals (so the master cylinders are below the dash and pedals hang. I know wilwood makes em (found via speedway motors). But I can't seem to find anyone else that makes em.

I just sent bobs rat rod parts a message through his website with a rough design to see if they will make a set for me. They make a few different types already for cars that have normal "through firewall" or "frame mounted" units that can be found on his ebay store. We'll see if he contacts me.

Heres basically what I'm planning on. (again it's rough and i design everything in microsoft paint for beginning sketches)

[​IMG]

Anyone got other sources????:confused:

2. brandon

brandon

tilton or cnc....?

3. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

My son is doing juice brake upgrade on hot rod Nash and was planning on under-the-floor mount, was going to fabricate his own mount anyhow, I'm going to show him that drawing..............:D

4. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem
    BANNED
    from Las Vegas

cnc and tilton are just as bad as wilwood pricewise. you're 500 into it minimum by the time you're done. these can be made of steel plate much cheaper like my design. Plus it allows me to choose the master cylinders I use. Dont need race gear jut good equipment on well made hardware. 1/4 inch plate bent and welded can make mmy bracket & acdelco master cylinders should hold up fine.

29 nash I want royalties :p

5. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I believe Howe Racing Enterprises also makes one like you inquired about.

Frank

7. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

I'm thinking mounting would be span bracket from firewall to dashboard lip, with angle for bracketry, donut with ears for the 2-bolt MC fitment. I'm giving my son the lead on designs, he's already sketched one for under the floor. We already have the clutch pedal linkage under the floor done, would only mount the MC. If we build it, will send you a drawing with dimensions indicated:D.

I'm figuring a couple of hours and ten bucks worth of steel.

8. aaggie

aaggie

Looking through the latest Googuys Gazette and there are several ads for behind the dash pedal setups. Kugel Components and others.

You might look at the Welder Series kits from Paul Horton. He makes real nice stuff that you weld up yourself and prices are reasonable.

9. Racewriter

Racewriter

Coleman Racing Products makes them, and I sell them discount at my store: www.buyraceparts.com. The Coleman stuff is very nice; I use them in my race car.

10. David Allen

David Allen

Jamar, Neal, Empi and others in the sand set. Try Dans performance products.

11. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem
    BANNED
    from Las Vegas

Just got a reply from Rat Rod Bob

I'll Update you guys as I find out.

12. ECIGUY

ECIGUY

We make L/H and R/H sideways mounts for under dash installations. Pictures on our website www.ecihotrodbrakes.com.

13. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

Kugel Komponents has some nice stuff.

14. I bought a "southwest speed" brand one, it's just like a wilwood - but a little cheaper

15. dawg

dawg

hey Doug, when you hear something back from RR Bob, could you send me a PM? thanks...

16. Check out some sandrail sites might find some ...Kartec.com

17. I've used Tilton and Willwood, both worked out well.
    Also if you use the balance bar you shouldn't need a restricter valve to slow down the rear.

18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I used Wilwood..tri reverse set up....315.99..only thing I had to do was shorten the pedals.....

19. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can always make your own! :D

I made these from some flipped over and modified early Ford V8 pedals, some DOM tubing, Oilite bronze bushings, chromed steel shaft for them to pivot on, rod ends, Wilwood clutch M/C, and a Mustang master... I think I have a total of like $150 in it at the most.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  20. harley man

harley man

Yes make your own.

21. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

skootermcrad; That; I like.:)

22. turdytoo

turdytoo

Their stuff is really well built, I was very pleased.

23. Check out the swaps. Roundy rounders are a good source. Bought a few here and there for very little. Wilwood is the main one you find next to Coleman.

24. bobscogin

bobscogin

Just a wild guess, but I'd say that anyone who would take the trouble to ask for sources has probably ruled out making his own.

Bob

25. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

........... unless the genisus of the thread was for the purpose of promoting sales. :D

26. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem
    BANNED
    from Las Vegas

Rat Rod Bob got back to me with pictures. he did them seperately rater than in sets. which is actually good because (dash permitting) might be able to add a low profile booster, And you ccan mount em to fit the pedal spacing you want rather than having to bend pedals.

anyhow on to the pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  27. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem
    BANNED
    from Las Vegas

No not a promoter for him. Wouldn't do that without hamb permission. Just figured others may be looking for the same thing I was. Bobs stuff is sturdy and well priced which is why I asked him if he could do em. In what we do it's hard to find simple parts not covered in billet and overpriced these days. I don't weld Or yes I'd do em myself. A New family got in the way of me going back to school for welding When I had planned to. It's actually what holds me back the most these days (The not welding that is, Family is very supportive).

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  28. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

That is an ingeniously simple response to the problem. You can attach it anywhere you like, weld to the bracket anywhere, it is solid, compact, very cool idea.

I shall probably steal the concept myself, for my car. :D

29. Drive Em

Drive Em

I made my own as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Been considering different m/c setups for my avatar. Right now it's just at a thru-firewall setup (which I don't like...and typically gets poo-poo'd by the rodding community).

I've always liked the under-floor setups. But space may be an issue in my case. With the body being channeled like it is and where the frame and tranny are.......you just have to see it to know what I'm talkin about....there just isn't much room.

My dad built 3 rods with a homemade underdash setup that he got the idea from somewhere. The m/c is mounted sideways and its got this bell crank mechanism. Works fine I guess. But has quite a few moving parts. Simpler is better IMO

I'm liking the simplicity of the reverse setup. If I was going under dash and had the space this is the ticket.

Honestly though I have my reservations about an under dash m/c because of the potential for leaks. I'd hate like hell for one day to walk out there and have a puddle of brake fluid on the floorboard. I suppose you could build a drip pan in there with a drain tube so if it did leak it wouldn't get on your carpet. I'm thinking about re-doing mine with a rubber floor anyway so it may not matter....