Register now to get rid of these ads!

around springfield mo

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by cwilson, Oct 7, 2010.

1. cwilson

cwilson
    from Missouri

I'm south of springfield mo. I've got a 31 ford model a rat rod. Pretty much no two peices are from the same pickup. I hit quite a few shows, and am a kkoa member. Always lookin for more ratrods to drive with. Hit me up.

2. big bad john

big bad john

Welcome......Just a little advice.....we don't use the term "rat" around here........the word rod or old works better.......rewrite your intro and you will get better results.....Good luck

3. Ratrods are on a different site...

4. cwilson

cwilson
    from Missouri

I'm not really wanting "good" results. Just trying to follow the admin. request. So are ratrods not wanted on the h.a.m.b. or ?

5. This site is about "traditional rods and/or Kustoms. This would cover cars built, as they would have been built, in the '60s, '50s, etc.. The term "ratrod" conger's up a image of poorly built and unsafe p.o.s.!

6. cwilson

cwilson
    from Missouri

I believe that is a common misconception. That's the idea is to get them to look old and like a pos but the problem is car enthusiasts like urself hating on this style of hotrod instead of supporting all of them like I do. And the way I see the term rat rod is its just that, a term, to describe the look. This is my own personal view on it. I am not speaking as a whole for the entire ratrod/ petina/ rustrod community unlike the way it sounds as u are for this entire web community

7. For the most part this is a great place. But there are a handfull of guys here that will continually try and rip your head off for the use of that term. I see your in the KKOA. Was you in Salina?

8. cwilson

cwilson
    from Missouri

Yes salina this year and last year, also been to eureka last year, and been wanting to make it to dennison but haven't been able to yet. All the kkoa members ar super supportive and are very welcome to new people.

9. Welcome from Connecticut

10. I am not looking to get in a pissing contest with you, you asked a question and it was answered. I am not trying to or did I say "I am speaking for this entire web community", again you asked the question and I answered it! If my answer offended you, well maybe you shouldn't have asked it in the first place.

11. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

Welcome to the HAMB

12. cwilson

cwilson
    from Missouri

Thanks to all that have welcomed me I appreciate it. To grumpy.. I originally ask if there were any missouri car shows or fellow ratrodders to hit me up. You obviously had no reason to input anything. Thank you for your opinion on my truck but sometimes its better to not say anything if you have nothing good to say.

13. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome from west Ga.

14. Welcome. We have a vacation/retirement home in SW MO (Eagle Rock) just 20 min from Cassville. Beautiful area!!

15. cwilson

cwilson
    from Missouri

ya its def a nice place to live.. especially during the summer months! its hard to beat the lake.

16. For whatever reason you have decided to provoke an argument with me over your opinions on rat rods. I didn't label your truck a rat rod, you did. In fact I never once mentioned your truck, I don't have a opinion about it one way or another. I have never seen it.
    Someone else advised you that the term rat rod was not used here. I was simply pointing out that there are other sites for rat rods, as you were attempting to make contact with other people with rat rods. You then accused me of hating rat rods and that I was attempting to speak for this entire web community. I never voiced an opinion about them.
    You appear to have come to this forum with a chip on your shoulder, you have made accusations that are unfounded, you have attempted to put words in my mouth. Perhaps you should practice what you preach...:confused:

17. cwilson

cwilson
    from Missouri

I have no chip at all. I am also provoking no arguement. I believe the above statement says what u think about ratrods. Basically I'm just trying to meet new people. If u were helpfully trying to suggest and inform me of a ratrod site, then yes this was all taken the wrong way. But if u believe all ratrods are pieces of sh*t then I don't think that is correct. Either way I will continue to show and talk to people who like me and my truck. I have no desire to have people not like me.

18. budrow

budrow

Well ah... I'd like to see some pics of your truck. And welcome from S E Kansas

19. I am really growing tired of this whole subject, as I would hope you are! For the last time...
    You asked if "rat rods were wanted on this site or?". I pointed out that this site is about "traditional rods and kustoms" ( some people don't know the difference ) and that the term "rat rod" conquers up a image of poorly built and unsafe p.o.s.! Nowhere do I say that I hate them or the people that own them! Nowhere did I say that was my opinion of them. Nowhere did I mention your truck. I was merely pointing out that that is the image of them in general. If this is something that really is bothering you then why don't you post the question on the "Hokey Ass Message Board" and see where people stand? That is the proper place for it not on the introduction board. Now, if any of this offends you, it was not my intention. But at this point my give a shit is broken...

20. gonmad

gonmad

Howdy CW. Was t you that I flagged over in Kansas somewhere about you about to run over your strap? I think so, but maybe not? Cool truck. I'm in Springfield BTW.

And I think that grumpy was trying to be helpful about the term.....do a search on "rat rod" here and see how the term is taken by most. He was giving you a heads up so to speak.......so yes, it "sounds" like you got a chip. But it's hard to say thru a keyboard! LOL.

21. cwilson

cwilson
    from Missouri

Jimmy ya I think so.. lol.. kinda crazy. Idk about this whole deal. I really don't mean to start up anything with anyone over the whole deal. I guess maybe its because I am from a diff generation or whatever it may be but I just don't see what the big deal is. But anywho I'm over it. And jimmy I went to the steak and shake cruise in last weekend, first time I had been and I think the cold scared off a lot of people but I had a blast drivin up there. Maybe we can hookup and cruise together one day.

22. gonmad

gonmad

Sounds cool. I was sick last weekend so I didn't make the cruise in, but wasn't sure if it would be a bust cause of the temps tho.
    And on the RR thing, it doesn't make a crap to me because I know the difference and what people mean, but there are some hot rod nazi's here that will throw a fit for you using the term, I think that he was just trying to warn you before you get ripped one on the main board.

23. You sir, are correct! Thank you. Now, I hope we can just put the whole thing to rest... :)

24. Junk Hunter

Junk Hunter
    from The Ozarks

Welcome from the NORTH of Springfield. Shoot me a line sometime. I dig the truck. -JH

25. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome aboard from Stray Katland, your Hot Rod sounds kool, one of these days
    I hope to have one. You have good taste being a KKOA member, I'm a KKOA lifer...

Happy Trails, Mick

26. Welcome... I don't want to get in the middle, you may consisder your ride as a bee ter, patina, and primer. I have always considered "ratrods" as unsafe cobbled together p.o.s.'s. Just because its rusty, or primered, does not mean that its a R.R., ... Have fun, and don't worry too much about labels..' its about the safety and future of hotrodding.

27. ratfink56

ratfink56

welcome from harrison arkansas

28. hotrodkid56

hotrodkid56

welcome from saint louis missouri !