Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My new T project....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomb, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Abomb

Abomb

Probably not what you we're thinking though....

[​IMG]

Of course there's some more dirt work to do, and some planting to be done...

[​IMG]

Before anybody whines about wasting a body, it was pretty well wasted before I started, and it's pieced together from several different bodies. There's nothing here that anyone's going to steal out of my yard...:D

[​IMG]

And my wife always warned me to "not turn the yard into a junkyard".....:D:D

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  2. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

Looks like an archeological dig, as if you were unearthing bones with a dental pick and brush.

3. Abomb

Abomb

Next spring, I'll hit the whole patch with miracle grow, maybe a deuce roadster will pop up next to it.....

4. You are an asshole. More steaks around YOUR tent next time you come up this way, if teh Mt Lions dont get you maybe the Coyotes will!

5. BTW, should POR it before burial. Two purposes, one is to test POR in DEMANDING conditions and two if it works, keep you landscaping from sinking into the earth!

6. Abomb

Abomb

The POR would cost more than the $7.50 model T parts......if they sink, I have more rusty metal nobody wants to buy.....I'm thinking of planting a 1931 Willys cowl and doors too....hehehe

7. LesIsMore

LesIsMore
    from Ohio

$10 say there will be a "yard find" thread started in a few years on here, where some young fella has the hunger to dig it up and get it on the road. My 27T looks about as bad, and it will be on the road someday.

8. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

That looks great! I want to do that in our front yard but the wife says no. :(

9. 61falcon

61falcon

in my nieghborhood that would be stolen for scrap its first night out.

10. Abomb

Abomb

It weighs about 40 pounds, and most of that is rust...., and this is not a good neighborhood to be stealing from, somebody might get hurt, (even over $7.50 worth of rust, we have principles here) I doubt it's going anywhere. Plus, I know the scrap guy, he's my neighbor...if it shows up at his place, he'd probably recognise my landscaping and return it.

Lesismore, this thing is a cobbled together mess...the driver side door is actually the stamped panel from an early T, just welded over the hole, the passenger side door looks like it was in the bottom of a cattle feedlot for the last 70 years, and is welded on, and the bottom 1/4 of the whole thing is lace. If some young kid wants a project that bad, I can find him something better to start with behind my shop.

11. Still better than what we have over here. I could do with the cowl vent - looks way better than mine.

Bottom 8 inches of the cowl had to be replaced with fresh steel and plenty of pebbling - but the only 27 cowl I could find in the UK.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  12. Love the idea. Keep us posted on the progress. I also sent you a PM!

13. Looks good,,,Gotta love rusty yard art,,any time of year. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I like it alot !! Maybe sink some tires-wheels in the ground at the corners.

15. Give Better Homes and Garden a call. Maybe you'll end up on the cover.

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Chris, I am concerned. Some jealous neighbor is going to tell the authorities. I just have this sinking feeling. I know you have sunk lots of sweat and thought into this project, but it sure would be sad if you were forced to undo it. This project really suits you to a "T", but some folks may not DIG it.

17. Abomb

Abomb

Bob, you're getting pretty old, you'd better slow down or you'll trip over a bad pun and break a hip or something....:D

18. Abomb

Abomb

I am on the prowl for those as we speak....and I know right where to look too....

19. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

It is pretty close to the street. I'm sure some idiot would find it tempting to smash it with his truck.

20. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

huh around here we would be trying to make a car out of your yard art lmao put a beware of quick sand sign near it and a couple plastic skulls

21. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

22. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

May be junk bu it still seems a shame. If you have better stuff at the back of your shop that you want to give away sent it to me.

23. Abomb

Abomb

That's the problem, I find it, buy it, haul it, and store it, and everybody thinks I should give it away......since nobody wants to pay for it, I guess I can bury it if I want to....

24. You bet,,I got some of the same responses when I posted my yard art,,better than what I have to work with, I would build it,you should give it to me type responses,but when I tried to sell it they wanted it for half what I paid.

No thanks,,I got plenty to keep me busy for a long time and I've already raised enough kids. :D HRP

25. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Wash some milk over it add some moss, it'll be a nice home for critters and a pretty backdrop for the flowers and shrubs.

26. bigalow49chop truck

bigalow49chop truck

27. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

My comment was tongue in cheek. That's the difference between you and me- you see junk I see something I could fix or copy. Model T body stuff is almost non-existent here in the UK. Like you said its yours, do what you want with it but you cant berate others for their opinions if you post it on here especially if they are expressed in a friendly way which mine was.

28. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

Abomb,

Do you have any kind of active listing of what you have that would be for sale?

29. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

my wife wouldn't like that.....

i do though.