Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Restored Supermodified

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roostasix, Oct 16, 2008.

1. fanbelt

fanbelt

I think Jelly welded the kits for Evert, you would have to ask him.

2. I really have no definitive answer, and have learned to keep my distance from the issue. I have upset too many people already.

3. Sedan Man

Sedan Man

Lippy: E-mail me at--- [email protected]---I am starting to build some new Nance frames from old blueprints. Thanks

4. This car looks better in person......well most times anyway.

I built this in 5 weeks. Multibodied, yeah multibodied. I'll explain as the year goes on.

[​IMG]

5. Had Dad's old coupe out for the night. Ada june 12

[​IMG]

6. roostasix

roostasix

Eddie Day runs Isaac's last car with the KAR. I think it's a Jelly car. My Dad drove for Isaac from 79 to 81.

Kyle

7. roostasix

roostasix

[​IMG]

Quite a few of the cars on this post will be at this show.

Kyle

8. roosta,

You going to this? I'm bringing my Dad's old coupe.

9. roostasix

roostasix

I'm not going, but my mom and dad are. I have to stay and work as of right now...

10. I know that feeling all too well.

11. roostasix

roostasix

Please keep us posted with photos of the progress. Looks like it will be a neat car.

Kyle

12. paddybuilt

paddybuilt
    from SoCal

Any body have any pictures of Roseville all Amercan Vintage Classic Supermodifieds in action? I heard they had 18 supermodifieds running

13. motorhead711

motorhead711

14. paddybuilt

paddybuilt
    from SoCal

West coast supers, I heard some ran last night in Tulare, and will be at Hanford 10/16, Willow Springs has the Walt James Classic on Nov. 26th thru 28th. they have a old speed parts swap meet on sat. camp for free, and plenty of track time for vintage midgets, sprints, and supermodifieds, always a good time!

15. kiwibaz

kiwibaz
    from Australia

Hi, This is cool, Luv all your old supers, Here's some photos of my Super Modified that we run in Australia

Attached Files:

16. paddybuilt

paddybuilt
    from SoCal

Nice looking supers! Any of the San Jose Supermodifieds that went down under running in a vintage deal?

17. Morisett speedway in NSW Australia in about 1970, I'm guessing it's the Australian modified championships.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9gUcxjGZzU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9gUcxjGZzU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

18. Part 2
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IuvtmCh881s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IuvtmCh881s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

19. toml24

toml24

That video from 1970 Australia reminds me so much of 1965 Ascot Park Gardena!! Great memories! It would not surprise me to know some of those race cars in the video had track time at Ascot.

20. We had lots of ex San Jose Mods so I'm sure there were Ascots ones too.

21. Dwane Wolf this past weekend at Wichita, Kansas

22. kiwibaz

kiwibaz
    from Australia

Hi, San Jose supers in Aussie, Good friend Allan Bates has the ex #100 Wally Baker car, also driven in oz by Gary Patterson and Blair Shephard, also another good friend, Graham Scott,has the #1 car driven in oz by Mike Wasina and later Bob Kelly, Both cars are run regular with the NSW vintage modified ass. I was lucky enough to get thr drive of #1 for a meeting in Tamworth NSW

23. paddybuilt

paddybuilt
    from SoCal

Kiwibaz, Glad to hear the #100 Wally Baker car and the Mike Wasina cars are runnin, Any pictures?

24. kiwibaz

kiwibaz
    from Australia

Hi No problem, pic of the #100 was taken March 09 at Lismore showgrounds track NSW
    pic of #1 was at a display day in Sydney, the guy in the dark shirt is Graham Scott, the current owner and restorer

Attached Files:

25. paddybuilt

paddybuilt
    from SoCal

KiwiBaz, Thanks for the pics, cars look great! If you go on www.Westcapitalracer.com/forum click on general BS, Click on vintage classic photos by Marty Kobata you will see some of the cars that ran with the ones you sent me pictures of, These guys are running dirt and pavement. In Calif. there has been a real resurgence of the 60s thru 70s Supermodifieds this past couple of years. they ran Tulare (Dirt) last Sat. night, they ran Madera, Chowchilla, Roseville, Stockton, and Kings Speedway. check out my albums and you will see my Supermodified that ran Chico (Silverdollar Speedway) and Anderson (Shasta Speedway) Bob Bennifield was the driver and won both track Championships in 1970 Plan on running it alot next season and Walt James deal in Nov. If you are ever in Calif make sure to look us up. Pat

26. Might be a repost, but I like it anyway. From OkC in the 70's

Black Magic

27. paddybuilt

paddybuilt
    from SoCal

Kiwibaz, Check out Wesctcapitalraceway.com and go to gallery #11 has pictures of Walley Baker #100 racing the 1973 Gold Cup... Gallery #15 has the #1 Mike Wasina pics. Your mates that own the cars may already know about this web page?

28. kiwibaz

kiwibaz
    from Australia

Hi Pat, Thanks, will check them out and let you know what i think, I'm sure they will be awesome.
    getting to the states is on the to do list, would luv to get to Knoxville nationals, a nascar race, Pomona swap meet, L A roadster show and of course some vintage speedway and drags.
    If you get down under please look us up, would luv to show you the cars, we are about 3 hour drive north of Sydney. Barry

29. kiwibaz

kiwibaz
    from Australia

Hi Steve V, I'm 99 percent sure it's 1970 Australian super modified title, won by Bill Wigzell in #88 from South Aussie, next time Graham Scott comes to vist i will show him, he will know for sure and pick out who everyone is. Thanks for posting and thanks Pat for the web page tip, really enjoyed checking it out

30. nitram22

nitram22
    from California

Here's the Wally Baker #100, circa 1972, looking a little worse for wear:
    [​IMG]
    And Baker and Wasina: (Upper left, I'm sure that's where you looked first) :D:D
    [​IMG]

Many more 1970's programs and additional pictures from the West Capital Alumni events at my Fotki picture site listed below: