Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anyone use Superior Chrome Plating INC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by COS, Oct 1, 2010.

1. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Has anyone had any dealings with Superior Chrome Plating INC in Houston TX?? They have a bumper I need at a fair price that is re-chromed. They say they have a life time warranty?? Any thoughts? How is there quality of work??

Thanks,
    COS

2. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Nice folks, nice work. I haven't had any business dealings with them, but haven't heard anything negative.

3. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Cool thank for the info... I live in KCMO and I am kind of leary of using someone out of state.. If any body has had work done by them please chime in...

-COS

4. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

YES!!! Stay clear away!!!!

They lost our parts(after telling me excuses for 3 mos why the chrome wasnt done) Then a buddy went down and found them on the top of a shelf. Walked right in grabbed them, with no one around and left.

Good luck if you use them.

-Jason

5. fordflambe

fordflambe

When the father ran the business, he would stand by his commitments. I Tried them with windshield garnish (5 pieces) for a 48 pontiac convertible, about 3 years ago and they lost the two center splice covers and all the pieces i got back had trash in the chrome. When i took them back, they told me they were having problem with their tanks. They took the pieces back and did them again but when i unwrapped them, they still had trash in the chrome. They insisted they would find the two lost pieces and after two months of calling every week, i paid a visit. One of the two brothers finally asked me the value, we agreed, and they paid me for them plus gave me my money back for the pieces with trash in them. I do have to say the guys were always nice when i talked with them. It's been a while since they did the work for me........hopefully they have gotten better.

6. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Well that is scaring me a bit.. Anybody have a more recent experience with them???

7. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

8. There was a thread on one of the Mopar forums regarding these guys, several months ago. It ended up being a HUGE thread, with nearly nothing was said that was good about the Houston company. I'll try to find it and post a link...

9. Kyle Counsil

Kyle Counsil

Yes I have delt with them earlier in the year and 3 weeks turned into a month and finally they called and said they were done and when I picked them up one was mine and the other wasn't and didn't know until I got home and called them and there was some BS story .....but long story short they mislabled mine and sent it to someone somewhere else in the country and I had to wait a month for the whole mess to get straightened out..... I had a rant on here several months back. their work was good but office skille and communication SUX ASS just trying to help a fellow HAMBer out I have a couple other pieces that I would like to have done and I wouln't have them do it KYLE

10. COS

COS
    from KCMO

They no longer do chrome there. Wich sucks because that was like two blocks from me... plus they where high as hell and took forever which I am finding to be the norm for these guys...

All their tanks and such went over to truman road but those quys can not do one piece bumpers....

Thanks for all the info on the huston guys... Back to square one:(

11. 53choptop

53choptop

My brother and I use Pulido plating in San Antonio, (use to be Southwest Chrome Plating) same owners though just a different name.

http://www.pulidoplating.com/ My brother has had alot of stuff chromed with them, he and his Viejito Car Club members do alot of business with them.

This is the last thing I sent them, my rear bumper, was pretty bad. It was beat up to shit, we had bondo'ed and painted it to make it look straight. It was so pitted I didn't think it was salvageable, The middle pic was a small taste of what they dealt with. It had a huge hole in it, I was having a hell of a time finding another decent one, took it to them, they patched it up and chromed it up real nice.

They actually drive everything to the Dallas from their San Antonio shop and chrome it there. Turnaround was one week. Cost was $280, it would have been 220, but the hole was additional work. Last pic was a phone pic so it didn't come out too good, but i was really satisfied with their work.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  12. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

53choptop, just wondering why they drive the stuff down To Dalllas to get plated ? seems like it wouldnt be all that cost effective. I wonder if they are affiliated with Pulidos chrome shop out here ? If so I would tread carefully, dealing with them can be a crapshoot.

13. 53choptop

53choptop

i have no idea why they drive up to Dallas, and it probably is the same chrome shop, what have you heard.

14. superiorchrome

superiorchrome

For those of you who had a bad experience with our company a few years ago, please let me start by apologizing.

In the past we had some MAJOR issues due to not having enough full time skilled help, mainly in our office. Times were tough for a few years in 2008 - 2010. Because of that our service to our customers suffered. In 2011 we brought on 2 new office personnel and a new General Manager. So, we now have 4 full time employees in our office to give our customers the service they deserve. Our GM is in charge of tracking orders, so that the issue with parts being misplaced is now eliminated.

Again, we know we had some issues in the past but please know that every day we strive to be the best in our industry, both in quality and service!

My name is Ginelle and I am the office manager. Anyone can call me directly at any time at our shop at 713-671-0100. I give you my word that you will receive the service and quality you expect from a custom chrome shop.

Thanks for reading!

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

Is their dallas location called Superior chrome? I used them if it's the same, they are just out in the suburbs near balch springs. They don't do triple chrome but the quality and price of what I had done was awesome!! I'm definitely going back!

16. repeater

repeater

Absolutely do not use these people. I needed chrome work done on a front grille and hood ornament, took pictures and sent out estimate requests to about 12 different shops. Superior and a shop local here came back with the best price, but the local shop was 3 months out on work. I called the guys at superior and told them if they could do the work within their "high" and "low" figure that I would box everything up and send it to them (their figure for grille and ornament was between 900-1050).

Once they got the parts, they turned around and told me it would be 1850 for everything, doubling the price! When I called them about why my estimate suddenly doubled, their answer was, "your parts are junk." Nevermind that they actually had photos of the parts and never asked for any more detail on the parts, close ups, etc...they simply assumed because the parts were there and I already paid 30.00 to have them shipped there that I would be completely ok with them doubling the price. I told them that they had the opportunity to ask for more pictures before giving me an estimate, or at the point that I showed interest in shipping everything there, and they didn't do that - now...I had wasted money because they quoted me the wrong price. He said, "good luck finding someone to do this for 1000.00, because they would be working for free."

Not the point.

Chroming businesses (that are few and far between these days) can't expect everyone to mail parts all across the US just to get a proper estimate, especially when it costs me 30.00 to ship a box of parts one way. So rather than try to meet me in the middle, save face...do something to counter the fact they completely swung and missed on an estimate when they clearly saw the parts were NOT NEW, they simply said, "Sorry...good luck finding someone to do them." Now, I paid 60.00 total to get my parts there, and back, for nothing. I can't comment on their work but their customer service is complete and total sh!t.

17. chuckekelly

chuckekelly

TRY Precision Plating 217 223 6590 ItS just north of ST LOUIS on the IL. SIDE OF THE RIVER

18. Jimmy2s83

Jimmy2s83
    from Indiana

I understand the frustration with a quote being way off but unfortunately it does happen. I have priced stuff online and then once it was in our possesion it was much more than anticipated. I have dozens of email requests daily with and without pictures. We do offer to ship back at our cost if the price was more and you choose not to get it done. That is to try to avoid the thought that we baited you in to get it done.
    To try and get detailed pictures of each and every quote I am asked would literally consume my whole day. Leaving no time to get anything actually processed.
    Not trying to fully defend Superior (nor am I in any way affliated with them) on this one just stating that I know it does happen. We will sometimes have to make contact after parts are stripped to notify that there was unseen damage or corrosion and additional charges are required to get it fixed.
    Its a crazy business and unfortunately you had a bad experience with the quoting process. Being completely custom it is so difficult to be within a small range of prices and be able to hold to them constantly based on pictures.

19. rfraze

rfraze

Sounds like you saw parts for sale that were already chromed. I found such a part on GeeBay and bought it. Before long, we got the part, and it looked GOOD, but did not fit. Now I remember; they did not get back to answer a question on the diameter before sale ended. Long story short, we got a full refund. Hopefully, you have called Ginelle by now and part is on the way, it fits, and looks good. Only bad part is, that bumper or those parts on GeeBay are probably parts lost by previous customers who now have a beef with the shop.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013