Register now to get rid of these ads!

misused discriptions that irritate or annoy you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragit2death

dragit2death
    from michigan

I always loved seeing the terms "surface rust" and "easy fix". If its so easy, maybe you should fix it, then i'll come take a look.

2. This thread needs work. Has some rust. Must go. Best offer.

NO TIME WASTERS

NO TYRE KICKERS

but especially...

NO DREAMERS!!!

3. Fenders

Fenders

I took a look, it was surface rusty and an easy fix, I'm glad you didn't beat me to it !!

4. It's the thin end of the wedge.
    Next thing, everything here will be text language.
    Then before long, Arabic and we we will all be back 2000 years
    and have to start over.:rolleyes:

5. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Doubt it. The language changes. Read some news papers from around the revolutionary days. And spell check makes everybody way better. You should have seen this the first time I wrote it.

6. Of course the rolling eyes icon meant little aye.:D

7. I love these two... Before I plunk down any of my hard earned cash on anything, I'm going to do some homework, and if possible, check it out. If I show up to your '90% complete project' and it's not 90% done and overvalued, I'm going to walk away. I might have kicked the tires as I did my walk around, and I guess since I didn't buy it, I 'wasted' your time, but since you misrepresented your car or didn't provide enough info so that I had to ask you a bunch of questions, then didn't you 'waste' my time?

Who determines wasted time?

And if you won't put in a little effort to help out a potential buyer, then how can you expect someone to buy it? Just my 2 cents.

8. supercharged_scottsman

supercharged_scottsman
    from Galveston

Actually if he misrepresented his car or was too vauge, then HE wasted your time and his. The sellers owns that - not the buyer, if he did lie in his ad!

I have dealt with this so much, I don't even respond to these vauge ads or folks that can't use a camera or computer. It may mean I miss out on some fool selling his rare mint condition car for next to nothing - But I will take those chances to avoid morons thinking NADA is always right and they can turn that pile of rust in their backyard into gold!:cool:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  9. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

I think Spoggie may have directed his comment to "buyers" who (a) have no real intention of making a purchase, (b) have nothing better to do with their time, (c) have no money, (d) make a ridiculous offer and/or want to trade some worthless POS ... or any combination of these.

One of the first lessons learned in sales or business is that time is money and if you let "test pilots" and "looky-loos" waste your time, they're also wasting your money.

10. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

I want ebay to ban "RARE" and "L@@K" from the descriptions. Nobody ever searched for those terms.

11. supercharged_scottsman

supercharged_scottsman
    from Galveston

And Craigslist from allowing ads with "tags" that include every date from 1900 to 2011!:mad:

12. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

when someone has a complete rusted out POS for sale for 10 grand and they say its worth 20 done.....

13. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Wait till you see her she's not bad looking, you'll have fun.

My ass.

14. don't know if this one has already been said but "better than new!" I hate that term. What the hell does that mean? Especially if it's a used part...

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I baggs writing the Bible!!

And then on the seventh day Henry Ford went dragracing.................:D

Doc.

16. big bad john

big bad john

......Own my old people.....never driven hard and only on Sunday's.......................I never buy that....cause I'm old and drive hard and fast

17. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

The phrase "poverty caps" to describe standard hubcaps. It wasn't cute or clever when first used years ago and several thousand repetitions hasn't improved it.

Just had to get that out there. I feel better now.... :eek:

18. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

The elderly woman cliche I'll never understand...have you seen my grandma's car? I don't care if they only drive it to get their hair done and to church they hit every damn thing that comes close to them! Not to mention they're in a time warp and when they got the new tires a "few months ago" it was 1988.

I should take a couple pictures of mine and my wife's grandma cars and post them for sale "perfect, elderly owned, driven to church"...

19. 1 careful owner... (yeah and about 30 really f*kin' reckless ones!)
    Collectors car... yep the scrap man will collect it... to go with the yard full of other 'collectors pieces' he has!
    Needs TLC (taking to local crusher)

20. Recon

Recon
    from Smyrna Tn

Just saw this one ........ "It runs great for the condition of the truck"

How are you suppose to take that? It's got pictures of a truck sitting in a field.

21. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

On the opposite side, I mentioned on here that I knew of a Ranger engine for sale and the price. Said PM me if interested. So some guy did PM me. "I might be interested." Well that is sort of what I asked for. So I answered that he could get back to me if he found out whether or not he was interested. I'm not sure where this is going.

22. That description just screams "Mopar" (lol)

23. Motion bird

Motion bird

Aint nuthin an illegal restamped engine block and trans cant fix:)

24. Motion bird

Motion bird

Bondo and paint make it what it aint:)

25. conormulroney

conormulroney

I just found this on on CL. Lot's of rare original 1940 equipment there

"1940 Chevy Coupe all original with 327 engine, 350 trans and camero clip, Nova rear end and vdo gauges. Excellent interior and exterior with fresh paint and a very good driver. Has ps and pb. Contact Jim, no trades."

Conor

26. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I agree, and the one I have been seeing a lot lately is sedan deliveries being referred to as wagons... sorry but wagons have windows in the back, if your kid is in the back of the sedan delivery he better learn to see in the dark!

And people calling any 4 door car with a quarter window behind the rear door a coupe... someone called my 31 Pontiac http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2888455 http://quanticchaos1000.deviantart.com/gallery/#1931-Pontiac-Sport-Sedan an SUV the other day, my eyes wanted to bleed.

27. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"I DON'T HAVE TO SELL IT."

So then why are you?

28. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmm, a cat, rope and a brick. Man that could be fun!:D

You do know the cat makes the better wheel chock? ;)

Doc.

29. 23crate

23crate
    from nz

not quite relative to the subject.. but i realy hate

"new and improved""

go on please explain how can it be both??

30. badgeree

badgeree

Some "1930's all original cars" are a bit like owning your Great Grandad's original axe.
    He bought it new, but between him and you, it's had 5 heads and 17 new handles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.