Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fedhill nickle copper alloy brake line

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 69supercj, Oct 2, 2010.

1. 69supercj

69supercj

Just wondering if anyone out there in hot rod land has used this stuff? Checking out there website it seems like it would sure be the chit for making easy bends and flares in your brake lines. Meets DOT specs and I think even MIL spec. I'm getting ready to redo the brakes on my '66 F100 and I'd like to find out anything about this product. You can check it out at www.fedhillusa.com. Thanks for any help.

2. Had a rep from the Parker Store here pimp it. Looks good and bends like they state.

If I wasn't using stainless steel, I would probably pop for this stuff. Sure beats the crap I have been getting from my favorite parts store lately.

3. hotcoupe

hotcoupe

i haven`t used their tubing...yet. but the flairing tool is "da bomb".

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used copper/nickel brake line from NAPA (don't know who the actual manufacturer was) and it's great stuff to work with and corrosion resistant. They've been using copper/nickel brake lines for many years on some cars manufactured in Europe. I believe Volvo uses only copper/nickel lines.

5. Can you use a regular flaring/double flaring tool on it, or do you need to buy one of their Whiz-Bang flaring tools?...

TAGMAN - how do you get this from NAPA? All I ever see is their rack of steel lines/fittings...

6. rusty A

rusty A

its a little more money comes in a 25 foot role. The company we get it from at work is call FMSI products they do everything for brake lines and all the new fuel line clips and for trannys as well. Should be able to get it at any parts store

7. 64gal

64gal

I've used their brake line and it bends nice. I only used my regular flaring tool. I found their site looking for English line nuts. they have all kinds of line nuts and fittings. Quick response also.

8. metalshapes

metalshapes

Same here...

Best flairing tool I've ever used.

9. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Asked for it at the counter. They had to order it and I got it the next day, as I recall.

Also, Google "Cunifer" and you'll find a wealth of info about copper/nickel brake lines. Super easy to work with and flares easily with a standard double flare tool or with AN.

10. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

11. brady1929

brady1929

their flaring tool works great. one of the best tools i have.

12. bardahl1

bardahl1

I used it on my latest chassis. Its pretty rad to be able to re-bend a screw up. It double flares nicely and is easy to work with. FedHill shipped right away.

The only problem I had, and its sorta vain, but it comes in a roll and is almost if not totally impossible to get perfectly strait on long runs. I tried rolling it on a table with wood, vice, pulling, everything. I guess it would be an issue if you were building a show car. Anyone with suggestion chime in at any time........

13. 69supercj

69supercj

That was my concern, how to get it nice and straight on the long runs. What if you put it between a couple of long pieces of angle or square tube and clamped it every foot or so with some C-clamps?

14. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Brake Quip and Classic Tube makes a coiled tube straightener 3/16" to 1/2" Same principal industry uses to straighten rod from coils. Don't know the price

15. Kunifer is the brake line of choice in the UK for kit cars and all manner of self built projects. It's NOT pure copper and does not work harden like it - however, I understand that because it has a coppery sheen to it many US automotive authorities will not allow it to be used.

16. hotcoupe

hotcoupe

tubing straightener is $300.00.

17. From looking at the video on the Brakequip Site, it doesn't look like it would be hard to whip a straightener up out of a couple pieces of thin plate and some rollers from a few cheap tube benders...

18. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

I believe you only need to make the center roller adjustable. It's facinating to watch industry straighten 1" and 1 1/4" coils into perfectly straight rod. They also use the same principal to restraighten straight rod, they rebend and straighten with the same adjustable tool