Register now to get rid of these ads!

misused discriptions that irritate or annoy you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cryobug

cryobug

I can't stand it when people call a sedan a coupe or a roadster only because it is old

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awwww! For fucks sake! Go back and read some of the fucking thread, it IS an actual term that was used by some of the biggest names in motorsport and the most famous cam grinders!
    Its the dead shits that don't know hot rodding history that keep complaining about it!:mad:

Doc.

3. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

we have to many beefas with non gear heads LOL
    I saw a few of mine posted and here is another " balanced and blue printed " these clowns think cause the rotating assembly is properly balanced as should all rebuilds that it's blue printed , they have no idea what it takes or costs to actually blue print a motor .
    "crate motor " seems to be a popular one now , to me it says I'm to stupid ot build my own motor so I paid to much for a small block chity

4. AGREED! If it's "ready for paint" then paint the turd

5. Me and my friends were guilty of that one in the 70's:eek:

6. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Its a big world with millions of people with millions of backgrounds and levels of education.You will never be satisfied if you expect a perfect world.Relax and enjoy the diversity.

7. ironpile

ironpile

Direct hit,head of nail,that clears me of many mistakes. Thank You

8. "One Owner". Yeah, one owner after another.

9. The 'Beaner is a nice guy. That one disturbes me no end.

I use one that disturbs a good friend of mine to the max. Hes' a died in the wool Buick man and on occaision I call his buick a buferd. He says that a buferd is a Ford with a Buick in it. He might just be right. ;)

10. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

Hmm...things that annoy me would be...

"Chebby or Chivy" Please show your at least somewhat smart and spell it right.

"Deuce" Not everything at a car show is a deuce...sorry!

Rat Rod...don't even get me started. Not everything that is not finished is a rat rod.

"6-pack"...already discussed

HUGE spelling errors. Sorry, I am not calling mes wif an approximit times to sees that 355 chivy. (I cringed a little inside just typing that)

I hear many engine related errors with all the nuckle dragging mouth breathers that stumble into the parts store. I swear these people have to TRY to be this dumb sometimes!

On a side note, my friend takes particular offense to these types of errors, so we make sure to get him going!

I saw a '64 Hemi-cuda with a 440 Hemi painted red with the huge HEMI down the side, twin stick Muncie with double sequential overdrive and a 2-speed rear end. It had the air grabber hood with sequential port mechanical fuel injection, racing bench seat, 12K tack mounted in the track-pack cluster. I couldn't tell for certain, but it seemed like there was a straight axle front end with a Jag rear end, and a CV drive shaft.

It's all BS, but it sure gets him going!

11. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

I didn't mean to piss in your cheerios dipshit. You need to relax.

I know the history of the statement, but I don't think it applies to every smallblock chevy, ford, or whatever brand it is with a non-stock camshaft in it which is mostly how its used and not how it was intended:mad:

12. I actually have an olds engine on a stand about 8 ft. from here that has a 3/4 race cam in it,

but my chebby mill up in the garage has an L-79 cam in it.

You have to know and understand Mexicans from my generation to understand the origins and importance of the spelling and pronounciation of it I guess. I personaly prefer Mexicans to most forms of Americans.

13. I did all th body work myself...... I just want you to paint it. HA!

14. Rockabilly E

Rockabilly E
    from oregon

Solid body,Just needs floors,trunk ,and quarters .

15. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

I don't mind it while speaking...but spell it right?!?

I have nothing against Mexicans, or anyone with a different draw in their language, but when someone goes as far to type out the wrong thing? I understand that a "Belb" is a valve...thats fine and I understand why it is a "Chebby" in spoken language...I am not ignorant. Just gross spelling errors that irk me. It don't help that I hate Chevy to begin with...

16. Well that's a given otherwise you would be called chebby man instead of ford man. :D

17. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

Indeed porknbeaner! :D

18. Hey you're supposed to get your panties in a bunch. I'm going to have to find myself another stick to stir this pot with. :D

You're alright.

19. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

Better be a large stick! I don't get going on many topics.

20. long island vic

long island vic

one owner...then you got it from the factory,dealer, or bank cause one of them is the first owner

21. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

So Ford Man. Was that "nuckle dragging" some kind of humor or just a stupid spelling error?

22. 1320/150

1320/150

23. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

I had one from a swedish pump manufacturer. It said three times bigger, but shall we say fell short.

24. von zipper

von zipper

Newly wired= What is it painless? answer= NOPE MY DAD PULLED IT OUT OF ONE IN THE JUNKYARD!!

Floor pans fixed= Did you weld in floorpans?= NOPE, MY DAD POUNDED THEM IN! THOSE REAL PANS ARE EXPENSIVE!!!! + i'm NOT A GUY THAT PUTS MIRRORS UNDER MY CAR!

Needs little and it's ready to go!= NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!

Wheres that part? = YOU CAN FIND IT ON E BAY! IT'S ON THERE ALL THE TIME!!!= I DON'T THINK SO!!!

25. davidh73750

davidh73750

not cars on here but I want to slap someone with a 1 or 2year old car that says one owner. No shit? You've had it all this time?

26. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

Depends...more likely a spelling error! I'm a dumbass! :D

27. Used, abused, mis-used, and re-used....

28. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

So are you going to agree with me when I say all these people complaining about spelling ought to find a real life/?

29. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

...no, not particularly.

30. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon

I looked at a clapped out '54 Chevy 210 a few months back, and that's how the guy justified all the missing parts. "Aw, hell", he said, "you can find all that crap on E-Bay! Dirt cheap, too!" I kind of wanted to ask him, "Then why didn't you buy some of that 'dirt cheap crap' on E-Bay yourself, throw it on the car or at least include it with the sale, before you put it out in front of your barn with '$3,000 Firm' spray painted on the door?" Really, having some of the parts this car was missing could've justified the price, but as it stood, he wanted about $2,500 more than he was going to get for the car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.