Register now to get rid of these ads!

Funniest thing I've seen in a while!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrHavard, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Ok maybe it's not as funny as I think but at the moment it was hysterical! I was just now driving home from Lowe's with a load of fence pickets in the back of my '60 F-100. I came to a stop at a red light at a major intersection in what we'll call 'Syphilis Heights'. Waiting in line at a red light on the opposing street I see a '34 ford roadster. Up next to him pulls a pretty nice looking '69 Camaro. The guy in the camaro starts revving his engine at the guy in his roadster and laughing. As Camaro guy turns right he guns it to do a burn out but ends up fish tailing all over the road! He end's up turning his car 90 degrees and hits the curb median head on with his wheels. He was able to drive away seemingly without any damage other than his pride. I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes. :D

2. NAES

NAES

Yup. Shit like that is funny no matter who you are.

3. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Good thing he didn't hit the 34'

4. 61bone

61bone

Must be something about Lowes. Couple weeks ago a guy with a Ford Lightning and 20 sheets of drywall at the stop light out of Lowes. Pulls down on a 442. Drove right out from under his drywall.

5. That would not be funny:(

6. Retrorod

Retrorod

Similar things happen to many of us with old cars/hot rods. It's funny and at the same time it's stupid.

About a month ago I was driving my 1935 sedan down a main street here in town, I pulled up to a red light and was patiently waiting for the green. A new Mustang of some configuration pulls up next to me and revs his engine a bunch of times to get my attention. The exhaust must have been "upgraded"...it was pretty loud and raspy. As the light turned green this very young yahoo proceeded to smoke the tires across the intersection, ramming it through the gears...quite a display I might add.

I just motored away as I usually do, and as I took off the patrol car that was directly behind "Mr. Racing-car guy" clicked on his lights and nodded at me as he drove by headed for the Mustang.

By the time I caught up with them, the officer had exited his Crown-Vic and was walking toward the stopped Mustang. As I drove by the cop smiled and gave me the "thumbs-up".

Nice...justice had been served.

7. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

both great stories.

8. Yeah, it is pretty stupid. I laughed cause he ended up hitting his own car on the curb but he could have just as easily hit another car or a person. What a tard.

9. MrModelT

MrModelT

That is a such a fitting outcome :D....just wish I had that cop around when that kinda stuff has happened to me :(

10. big bad john

big bad john

What a dumb ass in that Camaro.......

11. Streetrodscoty

Streetrodscoty
    from Washington

That is funny,

I am running a big block with open headers, they are loud but at idle it isnt too bad.
    Last summer (2009) a friend and I were heading to the Tacoma waterfront for a nice cruise in my 34, a Honda accord pulls next to me and revvs his motor and smiles.
    It was very annoying given that I was trying to talk to my buddy, you know car stuff. I just nodded and told him that was very anonying, he laughed.

He then starts talking to his buddy, so I nudge up where my header is now facing his window, I drop it in neutral and give it a good rev, I think he hit his head on the roof as I did this, it was quite loud.

He looked at me in amazment and pulled up, then rolled up his window.

That was a georgous day, was a nice cruise in Ruston and I enjoyed the nice summer breeze.

The other ones I love, people will gesture to me "Burn out Burn out"
    Dude c-mon, first if I did a burn out whenever someone asked I would be going through tires once a day, and second do you really think I cant.

I have nothing to prove, other than to cruise...

Happy Hotrodding :)

12. Probably had the old mullet stuck in the steering wheel"AGAIN"!

13. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

unless your the guy in the comaro ha ha

14. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

When I was first driving I had a 73 Mach1 that I thought was fast as hell... I did the burn out / 180 move. Thought I was going to die. All my friends from High School just laughed at me. Young and stupid...

15. So why's the guy in the camaro such a tard ? He's got an old car with a hot motor that got away from him while having fun hitting the gas.
    If you have never done that in your old car then I doubt you're a hot rodder !

16. tjackson

tjackson
    from Oregon

Funny story! What a fuck tard!

17. Had a simiilar thing happen about 35 years ago...was cruising my 57 Pontiac 2 door in my little Oregon home town on a great summer day. Had a strong running 389 and a muncie 4 speed. Back then it was fashionable to raise your car a bit for the drag race look and mine was jacked with no front bumper, big and little chrome reverse wheels etc..was a hot summer day and we all had our windows down..no A/C for us.
    I was sitting at the stop light, waiting for it to change when these guys pull up next to me in a jacked up 64 GTO in 4 different colors of primer....I give 'em a little rev on the motor and look in my mirror...yup, "da man" was waiting right behind me. They didn't look and laid about 60 feet of rubber when the light changed. I idled away and the cop had 'em over in 10 seconds. I cruise by at 20 MPH in second gear and got the nasitest look I ever saw...

Attached Files:

18. He's a tard for doing it in heavy traffic.

19. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Could it be ? Anyways, there was a guy with same said type car in Santa Clarita that did the fishtail thing after makeing a u turn after the 66 car show. He ended up on top of the concrete center divider like a teeter tooder. If it wasn't for the divider we thought he was comeing into the restraunt for a drive thru run. Oh ya he also drove away like nothing happened.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  20. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

He's a tard, cuz he can't help it. You DON'T initiate tricky maneuvers in a car unless you know what you're doing. He violated that rule - ergo: He's a TARD.

You can go on YouTube and watch all kinds of TARDs getting owned by their car stunts gone bad. Pretty hard to look cool driving down the street with fresh curb dent wobble in your front wheel.

dj

21. guiseart

guiseart

anything funny involving a '69 Camaro is hilarious in my book.

22. grovedawg

grovedawg
    from Heber, UT

LOL. I knew that was coming but I am still laughing!

23. MODELA30

MODELA30

Well as my avatar shows you guys i own a bike as iam riding up to a light a young guy on another bike pulls up on he side of me and says hey i will race you. I said no i can't he says well why not. I told him i have a warrant out for my arrest. He says really. He looks at me. I look like i have not taken a shower for a week he says what is the warrant for i said without even thinking murder. Light turns green and on my way i went. Next stop light he did not even come on the side of me. Knuck from indiana.

24. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

When I was a kid we were street racing and I had just spanked a 71 Camaro in my Bug. The owner of the Camaro was so pissed he lost that he punched it in reverse to get away from the laughing.. I've never seen a car fishtail in reverse like that before. Luckily he didnt hit nothing but we laughed for days. Its still funny!!

25. years ago I owned a brand new 70 Duster that was all jacked up and had big rear tires and small ones in the front. Looked fast. I was at Golden Gardens and pulled up next to a 64 GTO at the light. I looked over, caught his attention and gave him the nod. He gave me the finger and drove off when the light turned. Everyone seemed to think it had a 340 in it, but was no more than a slant 6 with a 3 speed on the floor. Had a good laugh over the GTO though.

26. aaggie

aaggie

A friend of mine's son owns a Diesel performance shop and drives a F-450 truck with lots of mods. They were stuck in traffic and some weenie import sedan with a loud obnoxious sound system was bothering eveyone. Just before the light turned he locked the brakes and spooled up the twin turbos and buried the little shit in clouds of thick black smoke then calmly drove away.

27. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

Many years ago.. a "friend " of mine...In a `69 Camaro...executed a 6 grand launch at a stop light. Right into the rear of the car ahead of him. I still ride him about that one.

28. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Years ago, when I was poor and had to take the bus, I was sitting with my girlfriend waiting. It was Roscoe and Van Nuys in the San Fernando Valley around 10 pm. There's a Bobs Big Boy across the street. A '56 Chevy with mini tubs pulls in and stops. He starts reving his engine. I told my girlfriend the guy was gonna drop a drive shaft. Sure enough, he sidesteps the clutch and promptly drops his drive shaft.......

29. While attending automotive school in Denver in 1970, I was driving a '57 Plymouth with a 383, dual quads, no front bumper, loud-ass exhaust, etc; a 18 year-old kid's car, in other words. I was at a light on south Broadway, pointing north in the left turn lane, waiting for the green light when a new Camaro pulled up beside me and started revving the engine, giving me the old "let's race" look. I got up against the brake, watched the light, and jumped about three feet when the left-turn arrow turned green, then proceeded to turn left. The dude in the Camaro was watching me, nailed it when I did, except he went straight across the intersection head-on into a Chrysler turning left from the southbound lanes. It still makes me laugh. :D

30. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I had some yahoo in a 90 or so Mustang chasing me down in my El Camino about 10 years ago. We got to a redlight and I was turning left... so he got in behind me and decided to turn left. The light goes green and I make the left turn. As soon as I'm straight I stabbed the gas and checked the mirror... as soon as I nailed it, he nailed it... about 1/2 way throught the turn. The Mustang broke the tires loose and spun 180* and left going the other direction. Pffft... rookies.

Another time I was entering the expressway and some little import with the giant muffler downshifts and attempts to show me how fast he is. Even at part throttle I walked away from him.