Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crosley racer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Allen, Sep 30, 2010.

1. David Allen

David Allen

attempt to attach pic's of V8 60 Crosley.

Attached Files:

2. Wow, cool little car. But did you have to include the pic of the poor guy getting crushed by it???

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That is very cool.

4. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Wow! That's neat! I want one! ;) :D

5. i think i know where another one of thses cars are..but it still has the crosley drivetrain in it. tk

6. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

for sale?? I love jabro bodies! theres one for sale around here but it's not in my price range!

7. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Is that what that is? An aftermarket/kit body on a Crosley chassis??

8. i think they are just bodys with your own custom frame with crosley drive trains. it was a race class or something. i think there are like 3 different size bodys for different classes
    tk

9. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

jabro made a few different race cars in the 50's. they were all made using their own body and frame. the "popular" model was the space frame with crosley drivetrain. basically you bought a good running crosley took out the drivetrain hopped up the engine and installed it into the race chassis and went H-mod racing. it was a very popular class that had amazing inovation in the 50's-60's. H-mod class was for 750cc cars.

jabro made mkI, MkII, MkII styles with space frame up to maserati type birdcage frames that were more complex than most people wanted to deal with. very very cool little cars.

10. Pretty cool...I'd love to find an old 60 for my '57 Lloyd sedan. Hmm..it looks like the engine is really far forward in that chassis for corner-carving.

Attached Files:

11. crosleykook

crosleykook
    from sackamento

The car in the first post is an Almquist bodied Special- they sold a lot of fiberglass bodies and hop up equipment back in the day. Ed Almquist is still alive and doing OK last I heard. Saw that car run at the vintage races a few months ago- I wasn't expecting that V860 under the hood given the Crosley gauge cluster. Seems like it had Crosley axles too, but now I can't remember for sure.

12. metalshapes

metalshapes

13. Oxfordmike

Oxfordmike

Wow, yeah!
    --Mike

14. Microcar1

Microcar1
    from NY

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1414300742.654811.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1414300839.254834.jpg
    Jabro Mk. 1 with a Crosley engine.

15. Red car probably gets it, huh ? Looks like it should be one fun run.