Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Collin Casey Cup--Fastest Flatty

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Jefe, Sep 29, 2010.

1. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Well Acme Speed Shop has done it again !! After our good friend Collin Casey (Casey on the board) who was the epitome of someone who lived, breathed, ate and slept thinking about drag racing passed away suddenly this past year, we decided we needed something to remember Ol Casey by. Well since this dude was so tied up in knots about racing all the time and he torched that flathead day in and day out in his blue '32 chopped coupe, we thought a trophy in his memory honoring the Fastest Flathead at The Day of the Drags was in order. So I made a phone call to John Mearns head honcho at Acme Speed Shop and he couldn't wait to help out. And I mean really help out !!! Below you will see what the winner of the Fastest Flatty will get his name inscribed on each and every year at the Day of the Drags........talkin about the coolest braggin' rights around. The Trophy will reside at the Continental Club year round and be brought out to the Drags each year for the past winners to gloat over and point at their name. I can't thank John Mearns and the guys at Acme Speed Shop enough for putting together one of the coolest tribute trophies ever. Collin would be so proud. This one's for him !! So ladies and gentlemen get those flatheads souped up and let's see who's gonna be the first one to get their name engraved on the virgin trophy. The lowest ET w/ a flathead for power on SATURDAY gets their name on the trophy. ( it don't matter what you have done to enhance the motor, it just has to be a flatty)

Attached Files:

2. Thanks John for doing such a tremendous job on this - looks beautiful.

Can't think of a better way to honor our pal, we'll be missing him out there this year.

3. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

If Skot gets that Flathead powered FED finished up and dialed in, we are all toast. I might have to figure out how to get the Continental Kid out there to make some passes and try to get my name on that trophy. Man that thing is sweeeeet

4. Silva

Silva

Classy way to remember Casey...

Cant wait to see who the Top Flathead eliminator is!

5. BLAKE

BLAKE

6. kisam

kisam

Great tribute to Casey! Thank you Steve and ACME Speed Shop!
    I know Skotz has been working his tail off - hope he makes it!

7. hunter1111

hunter1111

I remember the blue 32 from last year at the drags. I didnt personally know casey but this sounds like a great way to remember him.

8. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Great memorial..... wish I could be there.

9. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Looks better than an oscar. Great job! Collin would be proud. Looking forward to Saturday.

10. geemann51

geemann51

Very cool Kontinentals and Acme Speed, very cool...

11. Steve,
    As you know, I have been on a mission for the past few months to get the Flathead FED up and going.....what a trip:rolleyes:. I'm praying that it is all together for the races(and all the homebuilt parts work together:cool:)......Contingency plan......I'm bringing the 3w coupe as my backup car.....hahaha.....I want to be the first name on that cool memorial to Collin.....(FYI, there are several parts on the FED that came from ol Collin's stash of parts:D....just seems fitting to strive for this).
    See y'all Friday nite

12. YEAAAAAAA, glad to hear it.....Collin is smiling right now:D.

13. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

I have to hope you break something on BOTH cars to get anywhere near that trophy.( and I would never wish that on a friend like you). The FED is gonna blow folks minds when they see it and what they don't realize is how fast you got this home built girl together. The weekly updates on have been great. Good luck w/ it.

14. The race...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sD6fsQQK-7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Your plane and Collin's parade lap after the first race!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBSblFTWiyg&feature=related

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OBSblFTWiyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  15. senior fried

senior fried

Attached Files:

16. Dirty2

Dirty2

Doc , thats a tuff one ..:(

Attached Files:

17. chop&drop

chop&drop

VERY cool guys!! I know Casey will be smiling when that trophy is awarded.

18. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

I had to come back to this one more time. All I can say is CLASS ACT..:cool:

19. MattStrube

MattStrube

20. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

21. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Whos gonna be the FIRST to get thier name on the Casey Cup???

22. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

That is gonna be Skot Ingram w/ his just finished Flathead powered FED w/ a little bit of a power adder. When he pulled in the rail on Friday night........towing it behind his '32 5W, I thought to myself all right game over, you win, your the coolest......Incredible piece. The the rail made it first pass EVER on Saturday morning and what a pass. I think it ran in the 12.4's and over 102 MPH w/ the flathead.....Skot can tell you more about the experience. I was just stoked that it got put together for this event and run the first time here and won the trophy and Skot and Casey were great friends who used to beat up on each other from the times the gates opened until they closed the track. Very fitting for Skot to #1. Congratulations and like I said, incredible machine.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  23. MattStrube

MattStrube

That is awesome...I had a blast, thanks for doing this. I had a nice ride home on the back of a flatbed with a blown up 39 tranny.

Best time of 15.62 spinnin the tires all the way through 60 feet (2.3 secs). Not bad for a rich running, no traction run. :)

24. BLAKE

BLAKE

Skot rules. Can't say enough about his FED... words don't do it justice... but pulling it to the track behind his 427 Ford-powered, fendered '32 5W was over the top.

Coolest guy I know... hands down... and the obvious choice for the guy whose name needed to be on The Casey Cup.

25. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Skot, I would have been disappointed if it weren't you for many reasons.
    1) You and Casey had an increadibly cool and incredibly competitive friendship, 2) parts from his stash were on the FED, and 3) the commitment you made to get that car built and to the track was amaizing.
    Your name on that trophy represents a whole lot more than your time slip (which probably read "many 16hr days"). I appreciate you doing a fine job representing those of us who love these premative powerplants.

26. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Congrats to SKOTZ that FED was too cool. Please Tell me someone got a pic of the FED in tow by that killer duece. I saw it friday night but couldnt get a decent picture.

VIVA CASEY!!

27. MissPrint

MissPrint

Cannot think of a more fitting recipient and a more fitting tribute to Casey. . .

Congrats Skot!

p.s. Now get that flatty back on the road so we girls can drive it! ;)

28. sololobo

sololobo

Very nicely done gentelmen, a very nice compliment to a class guy. The picture in my mind of the 5-window towing the flatty rail is over the top. Tremendous ~Sololobo~

29. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Here ya go.........

Attached Files: