Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know what shade of green this is???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HomemadeHardtop57, Sep 29, 2010.

1. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Looking for a color for the model A that I'm working on. I really like this shade of green. Looks like an early 40's Ford color..but I'm not sure. Anyone know what it is??

[​IMG]

2. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

That's '40-'41 Ford Cloud Mist Gray, I know, it looks green but that's what they called it.

3. "Looks green" my ass. Cloud Mist Gray IS green.

A Hollywood Graham in the current R&C is Cloud Mist Gray. Great color.

JH

4. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Here's a pic of a car painted cloud mist grey...looks much darker than the pic of the merc I posted

[​IMG]

BUT..here's another that is painted cloud mist grey and it looks lighter in the different light..humm

[​IMG]

5. Clearly monitor settings do strange things with colors. All 3 posted above could be the same color or totally different.

FWIW, on my monitor, the car you asked about does not look like Cloud Mist Gray.

JH

6. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Here is the one in the current issue of Rod & Custom.

[​IMG]

7. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

From what I can remember from sunday when I saw the Merc pictured, that is not a solid colour. I remember some pearl or mica thrown into the clear on that one.
    Be very careful when picking paint colours by their names, I know of atleast three "Washington Blues " as used on Fords in the 30's, a bluish tone, a greenish tone & a bluish-greenish tone-all called "Washington Blue " My public school math won't allow me to count how many " Ferrari Reds" there are.

" Life ain't no Disney movie "

8. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Looks a lot like an early Range Rover moss green.

9. C.M. Grey (and Wash. Blue for that matter) can look very different in varying shades and
    forms of light (incandescent vs. flourescent), even on the same car. Throw in a little color
    blindness (red-green being the most common) and you can see how grey this subject can
    get, if ya know what I mean.......

10. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

"Agave green" by Porsche
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  11. teach'm

teach'm
    from Tucson, AZ

12. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My vote is the 'Cloud mist grey' I had a go-cart painted the same colour and damn if it dont look the same.

I also feel I must say something about that 40 Woody 4x4.........er........um........WOW!

Doc.

13. HRod 50

HRod 50

Dude, I answerd you on Bad Bobs phtos.... Ask EXK on the HAMB, RIck Erickson, he painted it I'm sure. I know he did the carson on it. So he'll know...

14. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

hey thanks..didn't see that in Bob's thread..I'll PM him

15. skidsteer

skidsteer

Jerry, Plymouth had similar color in 1939, appropriately called Amphibian Green.

[​IMG]

16. It's a custom color I mixed up for Mike's Merc. Pimpin Paint has a good eye as it has a hint of pearl in the base color and some fine gold in the clear.

To make the base color I mixed up your basic light grey and then started adding in green & blue tints. On the last base top coat I thined out the color 1 part to 4 parts clear binder. Then mixed up some blue & green pearl and then mixed the thined base color and the blue green pearl 1 to 1.

Rick Erickson of Extreme Kustoms

18. skidsteer

skidsteer

I'm baaaaaaaack! After being off the HAMB for various (mostly health) reasons, I'm back. The '37 Plymouth is roadworthy, and next, I'm looking at a '30 Model A project. Jerry, can you steer me to your Model A thread from many years ago? Thanks!!