Register now to get rid of these ads!

jalopy drags from long island

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, Sep 27, 2010.

1. figured I would ask and find out if there is anybody going to the jalopy drags in beaver springs this weekend from long island .
    looks like alot of gassers are going to show up .
    my plans are open rite now might go to carlisle friday after work and just stay for the weekend or just drive down early saturday morning .
    any takers ..

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I wouldn't mind knowing either. I have a '32 Firewall and quarter in Long Island and was thinking about driving up the the Drags.

3. Well its a start where is your parts located at on long island.
    And where is crown town too

4. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

hotroded, i'm headed out saturday morning, leaving cnj around 5 or 6 in the morning. got that thing called work to do on friday.

hey jeffery james, i'm heading out saturday morning, if you can find someone to get your firewall from long inland to nj i'm willing to haul it out there for you.

later wayne

5. I'm gonna go to carlisle on friday morning after work I didn't think anybody was going from long island.
    Jeffery james where are the parts at I might be able to get them there too my friend joe has a rentel car

6. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

How far is the ride? I would be interested in heading out. I think I would want to do a saturday day trip. Would head out from Queens

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Crown Town is Charlotte, NC. The parts are .....actually I have no idea where they are hahah!!! Big Nick has the quarter and Zombie Hot Rod has the firewall. It's not looking probable that I'll be at the drags though. I appreciate it!

8. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

i would say for you it's a 3 to 4 hour ride one way, which makes for a long day by the time you drive home.

9. lorodz

lorodz

i want to go but no one else wants to go with me and i really dont wanna drive alone..ahh whats another year been 4 years since i been there ,,,anyone caravaning

10. No way dude driving to the hunnert car pile up is along drive try 15 hrs I think hahaha it 225 miles roughly about 4 hrs to beaver spring I'm leaving friday now since nobody came forward soon enough lorodz your welcome to join me for the carlisle ride. I'm leaving 5 am friday morning than goning to drags saturday driving home sat nite I have no room for tent and grille hope there's food and beverages there

11. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

from the track's website

From North NJ / New York area:
    [FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]I-80 West to exit 224, Danville.
    PA-54 South to US-11.
    US-11 South to Selinsgrove.
    US-522 South to Beaver Springs.
    PA-235 North to the track.
    [/FONT]

12. lorodz

lorodz

hey im down to go ....

13. Well what are you driving if your are I finish work friday morning 5 am under the koskiosko bridge pm your number

14. lorodz

lorodz

damn tried to get off of work for friday i cant get out of it ..another guy already took the day ..shit..thanks anyway ...really wanted to go ...i woulda driven either my 56 or i woulda driven my daily truck ..

15. tgabbe1934

tgabbe1934
    from smithtown

Im going sat morning, from long island! but i'm cheating! whats up ed, see you there!

16. Matt looks like a nice weekend to I'm packed already taking the roadster to work and leaving from brklyn friday

17. yo whats up with this weather this stuff was supposed to be gone by this afternoon
    now there saying friday afternoon .
    when I grow up I want to be a weather man, these guys dont have a clue of whats going on and they get paid over 100,000. a year to guess what is going to happen tommorrow

18. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

No shit! I'm packed and ready to go, might get a little wet tmw morning!

19. This sucks I don't know if I should drive to carlislie tomorrow or just leave saturday morning early dam

20. ok we are leaving at 4 am from the dunkin donuts on the service road of the lie at exit 37 .let me know if your interested on hooking up for the caravan we want to be on the road no later than 4 am thanks