Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another River Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rehpotsirhcj, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

So last week while working I ran accross what turned out to be a circa 1924 Dodge Brothers rear wheel: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515761
    Today I found this in one of my survey sites. Not much of it that isnt bent to hell. Appoligies for the crappy photo, I only had my cell phone. Anyone want to make a guess as to what it is/was?

[​IMG]

2. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

That's sad. Could have been a great rod.

3. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

33 -34 plymouth?

4. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I'm guessing it was a common ride when it found its way down to the riverbank. No telling how long its been there.

5. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Looks like a 33-34 Plymouth Sedan... Dig the pic, I kinda like that its out of focus. Thanks for sharing it.

6. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Your phone camera is so crappy, the photo looks fake. You didn't happen to work on the moon landing stuff in '69 did you? :D

7. BEAR

BEAR

get to work and get it out ... Then put it up for sale on her and try to get 10k like all the othere crazys ... Lol thanks for letting us see this

8. scotts52

scotts52

How complete is it? I just drug one home a couple weeks back. 33-34 Plymouth. does it have the Independent front suspension in it? If so its a 34 and I really need it bad. Drag it out of there, sell to me and make a couple bucks. I just live a couple hours away.

9. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I posted it. My phone cam makes it look like one of the Sunday Models. I'll take a few more with a better cam when I'm up there again later this week.

10. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Its pretty beat to hell. The frame looked twisted and its been underwater a number of times. I cant see the suspension, but I'll look next time I'm up. As close as it is to the river, I doubt its even legal to move it.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

if it has a tube axle i might be interested in its location, and legality has never stopped me before

12. Odds are anything below the top surface is rotted so bad it's useless, but I'd try and pull the cowl and upper body out of there if that really is still paint on it.