Register now to get rid of these ads!

the infamous tyrells roadster pic in rod & kulture

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zombie, Sep 26, 2010.

1. zombie

zombie

since the last post was closed with a nice little jab to my magazine, and with out a chance for me to respond, i felt obligated to start a new thread. i got an e-mail this morning with a link to the thread. i am really at a loss since we have literally thousands of vintage photos at our disposal. there really is no reason or excuse for a bogus photo of any kind in our publication. i take great pride in the content of rod & kulture, and we are not cool with this. there will be a formal retraction in the next issue, and i will be handling this on a number of levels.

thanks, zombie

2. Now THAT is a proper response to the situation.

Thanks for "stopping the buck".

3. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

4. Good for you to step up. There are countless magazines out there and depending how well it is actually handled will tell me which one to spend my hard earned bucks on,,,,,,,, or not. :cool:

Kent Bash, not only dropped the ball on the photo/story, but then when asked to step up, he disgraced your mag a little bit more by handing everyone a BS story. I don't want to look through mags and have to question the pics or stories as being legit or crap fluff.

5. Fenders

Fenders

"... i will be handling this on a number of levels..."

How many levels?

6. Hey what do you know, someone responsible. Way to step up Zombie. It's gotta suck when you have to step up for something you didn't do. Might be an interesting day at the shop tommorow, EH ? Good luck down the road.

7. ...I still like your mag and will continue to buy it.

8. Well done for handling the matter pro-actively, there is no excuse for what Ken Bash did but I commend you for stepping up and taking ownership of the problem . I also hope it has no lasting negative effect on your magazine .

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  9. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I will continue to buy your quality publication. Nice to see somebody stand up and take responsibility for their product.

10. its so nice to see pride of ownership ! very refreshing in deed.

11. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

It's great to see the head of the magazine stepping up and making this right.

I have known Tyrell since before he had his roadster. Both Tyrell and his father, Don, are members of the Pasadena Roadster Club, as am I. I had the pleasure of watching his awesome car come together with monthly updates and pictures at our club meetings and I know he worked his then teenage ass off to put this car together and has appropriately been driving the wheels off it since it was road worthy. I can fully understand how irritating it must have been to see someone make up a BS pic and story about the fruits of his labor.

With how "out there" everyones cars are these days because of the internet and places like the HAMB, it's hard to believe a person would do such a thing and think other's wouldn't call BS on it.

12. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

13. dudley32

dudley32

amen...

14. Thank you Zombie.

15. Just Jones

Just Jones

Thanks for putting out such a top-quality, traditional magazine. I'm on it, every issue that comes out.

16. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Zombie:
    Kudos to you for stepping up on the plate on this. Shit happens.... I do think you'd be better of without Mr. Bash....

17. RichG

RichG

I didn't read it as the jab being directed at your magazine, but that's just me. Either way, nice to see someone with cajones stand up and square things away.

18. THE SPEED ADDICT

THE SPEED ADDICT

Your a cool dude, Zombie!

19. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->"... i will be handling this on a number of levels..."

Since this is being handled do we have to stop Bash bashing! or can we continue bashing Bash?

20. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

So will you let us all know what happens to the liar and plagiarist?

21. Spike!

Spike!

I don't really know what my two cents are worth in this situation...probably nothing, but as always I show my support to the magazine that got me started..back when it was CKD. Zombe has always run the magazine in a straight up fasion and that continues on, even when things get tough. Nobody wants to hear bad things about the magazine they work for..or whatever company you own or work at. I'm hoping that this was just as Kent says, a mistake. I've never met the guy in person, just always liked his art, even before the mgazine stuff. This is a really tough pill to swallow. I'm sure Zombie has some tough decisions to make that will affect all of us contibutors. Thanks to everyone who has shown support, it is appreciated.

Spike

22. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Zombie is a first class guy and business man. One of my favorite magazines and always will be. Thanks Zombie.

23. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

That was fuzzy. We'd be interested in how this is going to be handled at the number of levels.
    I guess in this day and age forgery is a minor ethical problem.

24. Spike!

Spike!

Zombie is hardly looking at it as a minor ethical problem.. not that its any of your business (or mine) how he handles the situation. The guy says he'll handle it, then he'll handle it. Thanks for keeping the faith.

Spike

25. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I didnt really post that. My retarded red-haired step-sister stole my computer and password and posted that when I was at the store.

26. nummie

nummie

Zombie,

you are a stand up, genuine man, and have my respect; therefore your mag will continue to get my money! I whole-heartedly trust that you will settle the situation, and i trust that whatever action you take will be to the appropriate extent. Thank you for stepping up.

Nummie

27. way to go Zombie....I guess the lynchmob can all go home now.....

28. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Thanks zombie, i do really enjoy your fine magazine, keep up the good work

29. deto

deto

Since I got the ball rolling I will say this; R&K is the best magazine out there. I hope that in no way this has a negative impact on circulation. Zombie, I was motivated to preserve the integrity of the magazine, and not destroy it.

30. NIce man, the subtle nuaunces of your reply eclipses the hypocracy of this thread.