Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kent Bash you FU@%ING Phony!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deto, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

haha my broke monopoly guy pose.

2. deto

deto

Can i do this at kinkos? its worth every penny

3. It just doesn't flow right here. Heads are too small, and resolution seems irregular.........or something.

[​IMG]

4. RichG

RichG

I just dabble with photoshopping and I can do better than that, you'd think a national rag would hire people with better skills.

Although they are two different pictures, many of the details between them line up just a little too perfectly, and that's with one of the pictures reversed! I was a bit skeptical at first, but after laying the photos over each other it's hard to believe that two unique cars, built decades apart, share the same proportions, height, angles, and minute details. The evidence of poor photoshopping in the magazine picture lends even more credibility to the accusation. What a shame.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  5. banditomerc

banditomerc

But why would Kent do this? Fame?Lets here Kents side also! DRAMA!

6. Bash

Bash

You are correct, the photo is indeed Tyrell's roadster photograph, and it was photoshopped. It looked familiar when I received it, but, I didn't place it at first.

A while back I got a new computer, and gave the G4 to a family member who's computer crashed. It didn't occur to me to remove everything from the hard drive. In-any-event, the photographs, and paintings that remained became the material for not only some bogus photoshopped photos, but, also some of my paintings, one of which went to print as a poster. The bogus photo was emailed around to family member until I received it along with a collection of family photos including some memorabilia of the old diner. This became the fodder for the article, and where I got the idea to write the article.

I caught this all eventually, but, not before the magazine went to press, and the poster went to print.

My apologies,

Kent Bash

7. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

No matter what the drivers head is not right, the shadow on his face screws it all up and the back ground? What the hell?

8. lazyv8

lazyv8

you couldnt remember that your brother "mel" didnt have a av8?????? hmmmmmm....

9. lazyv8

lazyv8

you couldnt remember your brother "mel" did not ever...ever have this av8 roadster!!!!?????????? fishy.

10. Looks like it's cleared up???? CORRECTION in the next issue.

11. lazyv8

lazyv8

i spotted this last night when i picked up the mag... called tyrell and filled him in on it... weve been obsesing on this thing all day until DETO here on the hamb took it to the level it needed.. thanks for exposing this imposter!!!!

12. RichG

RichG

Bummer you couldn't give the owner a heads up, huh? Seems like that would be my FIRST priority...:cool:

13. I think he's conceded you have the pic by right and can do what you want with it. He said he's more concerned about the story, which you just admitted to writing. So how on earth can that be explained away?

14. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

yeah ?

15. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

I guess the main question is who else would have photoshopped it, and why? The unnamed family member? Sticky situation.

-KK

16. yup, I call bullshit on his "computor went walk about" story as well .'Ken Bash = No Balls !

17. fat141

fat141

Did I miss something here? Photoshoped or not, why are the steering wheels on different sides ?

18. Fe26

Fe26

Photoshopped AV8 from the fifties complete with family member = family history in Hot Rodding = credibility.

Getting caught out with such an easily indentifiable fake photo and story = lack of credibility.

Coming up with another story to cover your arse = stupidity.

This guy runs a magazine? = Owner Operator (wanker)

19. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

reverse psychology.

20. nummie

nummie

smells like everyone is wading knee deep in horse-shit. why go through the trouble to hide dents and change head fins if it was a family joke? own up man. all your doing here is digging a bigger hole for yourself and taking the reputation of your mag with you. I for one EXPECT a FULL WRITTEN APOLOGY in the next issue. if its not there consider my subscription cancelled.

21. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

I enjoy how the mans head appears to be growing out of the rear deck.

22. cherrington

cherrington
    from sylmar

To everyone reading this
    I took these photos with Tyrell May 2006 and I have the negatives as well. I shot them with my 35mm Nikon. This joker is a fraud and likes to Photoshop stuff to look cool. If you want to see more of the original set (circa 2006 not 1950?) Send me an email.
    -Christian

23. I call total BS. And he gives a half-arsed joke of an apology? That's one rag I'll never buy again.
    Deto... good for you man!

24. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

don't blame the magazine.

25. wow, this aint the first time and it wont be the last. there was a hamber about ten months back had something similar happen with his awesome orange nova.
    sad that some people have to make up their stories.

26. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Yup, it's my favorite mag, and a few of the guys are Hambers. I'm sure this will get resolved

27. deto

deto

Here is the thing... I love this magazine. I want this crap to get purged from it. I will buy next months magazine to read the retraction.

28. deuceman32

deuceman32

That's a friendly and stand-up opening post, Christian. Welcome to the HAMB!

29. deto

deto

woodland hills crica 2006... er I mean el mirage circa 1953... I mean el mirage 2006. No, fuck that I mean woodland hills 1953.

If any one had an ounce of doubt well here it is.

30. brad chevy

brad chevy

This fake should put an apology in the next issue,his actions are just dishonest at the least,then he comes on here with a wimp ass story blaming it on a computer.His name is what should happen to him ,Bashed! Deto good to see someone stand up for whats right and whats just plain wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.