Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm curious about screen names

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Oh my fucking God guys!

2. Like gag me with a spoon ...

3. Hey,,, You started this!!!!!!!!

4. My real name is Harry Kuntz,I like me screen name better.

5. That's funny!

Sincerely,

Mike Lititchez.

6. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

I am not ashamed with any thing I say, so I use my real name.

7. Re-read the original question...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Anderson

Anderson

9. Gaters

Gaters

Mine is a true expression of my sexuality. I was ashamed before but Groucho has set me free! My first screen name was going to be Gaydar but it was too obvious.

Now how do I tell my wife.....!?!?!!?

10. Gaters

Gaters

Sheesh!....I guess I put this one to a screeching halt, dang! I was kidding!!!

My screen name is the car club that my roadster was a part of in the 40's...better?!?!?

11. Trukcrazy

Trukcrazy

I think they are just having fun with you now. :)

12. I have been nicknamed 'Dusty' since I was a toddler. Some aquaintences have asked me "is it 'Rusty' or 'Dusty'? I forget..." To which I would reply " I answer to both, it doesn't matter." Finally one barmaid started calling me 'Rustydusty' because she could never remember. Either way, I don't sign my posts because I still answer to 'Dusty" even though my name is 'George'. I do sign my PM's 'Dusty' though.

P.S. My cars are usually rusty and dusty also!

13. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Wow, this thread really took a wrong turn. I think your explanation of your screen name kinda opened the door. But, I agree, it does seem counterintuitive that some feel the need to use both.

14. Back when I was a Limo Driver/Airport Shuttle driver I would get back roads not traveled everyday, and back some LONG driveways, so Id spot tin form time to time, and when drumming up conversation with my clients the "Car" subject would always come up and it gave me alot of leads, Id pass them on to anyone I knew was looking for a certain car or part, and one day one of my friends said , "hey, your like The Auot Locator", and it kinda stuck, so thats where "loc8tor" came from........and as Paul Harvey would say....and now you know the rest of the story!

15. deto

deto

this whole thing took a turn for the worst when MR red wheels and flames stood up at the podium of his gay pride parade and proudly boasted "I LOVE RAT RODS..."

16. G'day, I don't sign my posts, just initial. I do put my name on pm's sent as those are personal communication and it just would not be polite to not sign them.

ms

17. Funny thing is, every time I see one of those in traffic, it makes me think of you and the HAMBAndy shirts and plaques.;)

18. 29AV8

29AV8

I have a 29AV8. they also call me "tater salad"............

19. Isn't he a "friend" of Phil McCrackin?:rolleyes:

20. big creep

big creep

no hes friends with Phil McCrevice!

21. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

My screen name is self explanatory.......lost Left leg....Still looking for it!

22. indyjps

indyjps

IndyJPS, city I lived in and initials, didnt think I'd ever move away from Indianapolis, now I live in IL so its kinda dumb, but I keep my user name the same on everysite so Im IndyJPS

The original post asked why use a username then post your real name. I dont post my real name, if I want someone to know it Ill give it to them thru IM, if Im buying or selling something.

23. zzford

zzford

Nope... you have him confused with Harry Nutzak.

24. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

Names Robert, own a Fleet model 7 biplane,and I used to be 50, but my friends call me sweetoldbob LOL

25. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

There were 3 Bob's that were in my group in HighSchool, I was the fat one. The 309 came from my room number in the dorm.

26. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

this thread is funny!!!!

I am just in the habit of putting my name at the bottom. I dont really know why. Kinda like when you write an e-mail I guess.

I really dont like my screen name. I was under pressure when I signed up for the board and it was the first thing to come to mind. but I think it is Gay. I just dont know how to change it now without losing all my info and contacts.

Eric, hahahaha

27. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

but one thing I don like is when people use other dudes screen names and put a number at the end. Like plowboy13. or all the low and slows. wierd!

28. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

mine is lame - based on the business name

29. scrubba

scrubba

O K , however a lot of folks never knew me as my legal name , ( Ed Shaver) . Most people know me even today as "Scrubba " . The name was given to me by the old owner of New World Vans in Houston . I would often times still have residual sawdust on me from knocking out those delightful Particle Board Drink holders I manufactured for vans. Hence , the name stuck.................. Scrubba ( Ed Shaver)

30. VoodooChile

VoodooChile

I don't listen to Jimi......I HEAR Jimi. Best electric blues riff ever....not the Slow Reprise (Guitar-Hero/air-guitar) version, but the original 15 minute, slow, pounding blues version....listen to it at the Apple Barrel Bar on Frenchmen Street in New Orleans after your 8th shot of well-Tequila and you'll understand.

Here endeth the lesson.