Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHRR - Got my Racer Credentials.. ROLL CALL?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ShakeyPuddin55, Sep 20, 2007.

1. PS-check out the party @ Kiwi Konnection Saturday nite in Bako. I'll be there for the 1st time, but i hear it's NUTS!

2. Squeeks party is cool, I sat outside drinking real honest to god moonshine out of a Mason jar with Jerry, and some of the Arizona guys and other HAMBers a number of years ago now. Great event, great weekend period! I've missed the last two years and hope I get to meet a few of you guys this year and have some chili as well...

3. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

BTT
    Its getting close, kids.

4. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Pure Hell,Pure Heven,Hell Yes!
    Can't wait to do it again!
    The smell is like no other, and the fly's............
    But it is the best.
    Ol Dad will be there for his 1st time so I am really excited for him. We will have a vendor booth so make sure to stop by.

See ya at Famoso!
    Cody

5. plan9

plan9

i take that as an invite, so dont get mad if a hotdog hits you upside the head :D

6. It's the best show on the west coast, bar none.

7. John Denich

John Denich

Yup I am going can't wait!!!!!!

John

8. A bunch of Utah guys will be there, it's a never miss event!

Will be there Thursday to visit our (Stags of Ogden) display at the NHRA museum and get to Bakersfield Thursday evening.

Will probably be at Squeak's after the Cacklefest Saturday night.

I assume there's no official meet & greet at the track.

Mick

9. Unless you wanna name a time/place....

10. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

BTTT :D

Fired my car up for the first time in months. WOW... it's all coming back to me. :)

We decided to arrive late Thursday and head to the track first thing Friday a.m. I've heard the pits fill up quick, but I'm hoping to get a decent spot.

BTW, for those who haven't seen my car.. paint and body wise it's a real shit box. It still has damage from smacking the wall, been in primer for 3 years. It's not an intentional primered ratty 55. It's just that I cant finish one project before starting another. However, chassis and drive train wise the car is done right. And it hauls ass... fingers crossed. :eek:

Maybe I can score a paint and body sponsor..;)

11. Looking forward to meeting you there....We're leaving here tonight and driving straight through.

12. billys54

billys54

I'll be there for sure

13. T-Roy

T-Roy

Drivin' over Saturday morning... Hope to get the chance to meet some of you.

-Troy

14. Leaving in the morning round 11

15. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

There's another brit coming with his race car. Bob Glassup will race in his alcohol blown altered called Xtreme, real sweet deal. The CHRR is now a must on my list, maybe next year?

16. smokindave

smokindave

a HAMB meet up at the Red Lion tonight? Is that in order

17. Where's The Red Lion?

18. Alright, I only saw Honky Tonkin and Shakey Puddin do one run each, separately. Honky Tonkin had a hard time keeping it going straight. Shakey Puddin had a good run. Did I miss a matchup? Who had the best run of the meet? We gots $5 on this!:D

Thanks,
    Kurt

19. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Shakey Puddin went 9.73 @ 132.9mph :D

We didn't get to line up next to each other. However I was right behind them in the waterbox on the last run Saturday. Nice wheelie, but the car drifted to the centerline and they had to lift..

20. Yeah, those are the runs I saw. It sounds like those might be the only runs you both got in. I'll be waiting for an update on Honky Tonkin.

Thanks,
    Kurt

21. Ratty

Ratty

I hear that Honkey Tonkin ran a 9.17 @ 148mph on the Sunday , can anyone confirm ?

Sounds like you all had fun , shame there wasn't a chance to run paired up though .

Damn , my wallet's feeling safer ;-)
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

22. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

I read on the NHRA/CHRR website that the Honky Tonkin 57 is making 980HP. Then when I peeked under the hood and saw the blower, it confirmed that they had me covered.

Still would have been fun to run againts them.:D

23. Frank K

Frank K

I have filmed the complete CHRRs for the last 4 years from the guard rail. Unfortunately the NHRA Front Office has deemed all videograhpers to buy 2 million dollars in Liability coverage making NHRA as benefeciary. This started at the NHRR. I missed filming the NHRR also. I had 1 mil in house ins., not good enough I guess as they didn't answer my request. So much for capturing history...Rant Over.
    Frank Kunkel

24. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Whoa this post is 3 years old.

You should try racing at one of these events. NHRA license and membership fees have doubled. New seat belts / safety equipment every 2 years. Towing a 7000lb trailer with a diesel. It ads up fast.

By the way, did you get the exhibition runs from 2009?

25. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will be a Spectator............bring on the Nostalgia Racing

26. M.Edell

M.Edell

will be there, staying at the Hampton Inn.