Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Mattimus

Mattimus

Thank You James! That's pretty much what I expected it to look like, but now it makes it easier to plan the little things out.

2. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That '54 is beautiful. That's a lot like the color scheme we have planned for our house (except more of a brick red than the rootbeer).

-Dave

3. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My Merc has come along way but I still have some profile issues to work out. The best place
    to work them out is on the computer. I believe I’m getting closer. Its amazing the results when
    you borrow parts off of Jack Walker’s Hirohata clone. Trying to think of different stainless for
    the sides, but I feel that the 53 Buick is the purrfect fit.

Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

Happy Trails, Mick

4. My daughter did this one for me,,not earth shaking quality,,her words not mine,but I thought it was cool..and it was the first time she ever tried this kinda thing.

This is the original photo,,

[​IMG]

She thought my old 32 pickup would look in the photo,,so she worked with this photo and made it black and white,,

[​IMG]

The end result,,HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  5. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

please!!!

6. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

This is a fun little project. And it would be possible to replicate in reality, as PM 1225 still exists in functional trim. She's at the Steam Railroading Institute in Owosso, MI and makes periodic excursuions.

In fact... Is that a modern photo? 1225 only came into service in 1941, and that's a pretty clean looking RPU...

-Dave

7. If anyone wanted to tackle it..... I've thought about wanting to paint my car
    Red with Silver MetalFlake scallops and Silver Metal Flake roof. Or I'd love to see what my car would look like in a red and white Watson styled Panel paint job.[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. Mattbee

Mattbee

The PM 1225 is the train they used in the movie the Polar Express, even though it was an animation they based the Polar Express off that train (PM 1225 12/25 christmas) They also used the sound effects from the train. It is really neat to see run. Matt

9. 8-9-duck

8-9-duck

1223 is in grand haven mi. doesn't run but looks really cool.

10. [​IMG]How about flat hot rod green with a silver flake or gold flake top Thanks guys I know there are some talented people on here thanks again in advance

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Here you go. Hope this is what you had in mind.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  12. angry

angry
    from ventura ca

thanks that what i was looking for

13. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Here it is, although in my opinion I think it looks great as is.

[​IMG]

14. like roof looking for more of a flat suede color of green simlilar to the black thanks

15. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Comon,give me a break

16. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I tried your car but I don't know how to change a darker color to a lighter color and keep it looking good.

17. thanks man really appreciate the effort I need to figure out this photoshop thing too

18. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

A while ago I started a '63 Catalina street freak project and asked someone to do a photoshop of a '63 gasserized. This is what you came up with.

[​IMG]

Well this is what I've done so far.

[​IMG]

Interesting but thank you guys for doing the pic that you did. Thought I'd pass along to you what the actual project became so far. Mark L

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

That Poncho is looking good! Looks like you got the rear tires tucked in just right.
    I think its cool when someone actually follows the suggestions of the HAMB Photoshoppers. Makes all the time we put into these renderings worthwhile.

20. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Here are the headlights. Still trying to figure out the wheels

[​IMG]

21. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

thank you!

22. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Not the best Photoshopping job, but I hope it helps.

Attached Files:

23. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

you did a great job
    thanks!

24. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I got your PM about the wheels. I wasn't exactly sure what you meant. Let me know if you want something else.
    [​IMG]

25. skoh73

skoh73

Mark, I agree with Eli- its is a great thing to actually see some progress pics. Sometimes it feels like the ideas that we come up with are never going to actually happen in reality.

26. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

You got it Skoh. That's the fun thing about Photoshop, we can help the builder visualize his project. I can't visualize worth a shit and drawings can make a big difference. You should see my Prius Gasser.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  27. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

Thanks guys for the nice words. I had a good idea in my head where I was going but the photoshop pics gave a better perspective on it. I thought you guys would appreciate an actual pic after the conceptualization. This Catalina is a big car so I needed big tires and stance. I do thank you guys for doing this for us. It does pay off even if people don't tell you. It's cool what you do. Mark L

28. pro1street

pro1street

Hey Mark glad I was able to help on your decision on the gasser,looking good keep us posted.

29. The Blurr

The Blurr

I was hoping one of you photoshop jedi's could lower the ass end and make it level. Also do a white paint job with some green candy on the top of the cab or get creative do what ever you want. Thank You in advance.:)

Attached Files: