Register now to get rid of these ads!

misused discriptions that irritate or annoy you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spridle

Spridle

Possibly O/T,
    The wife and I were watching a program tonight. Competition blah blah reality blah cooking. One of the judges was comparing a persons performance to the previous week.
    "You have done a complete 360 from last week."
    Dipshit reply: " Oh, thank you so much!"

Hey dipshit, that judge said you still suck.
    Hey judge, you too, are a dipshit.

2. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

That's funny right there!:D

3. toddc

toddc

There was a pretty good one on Aussie ebay about a year ago.

" 69 Olds Cutlass. Only one ever made. Needs some work "
    " To answer all the emails, yes the price is seroius "

Buy It Now $2000000 (two million)

One that I HATE is "dints". They're DENTS fuckwad!

4. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

It drives me around the bend when someone lists a car that is obviously a custom/hotrod/modified vehicle as "Fully restored" or "Restored" it's not restored, it may be built or even called rebuilt, but restored connotes that it's been taken back to factory original, when I see a lowered car with a newer engine and custom modern paint colours at a show and they call it restored I just want to smack them.

5. norton

norton

Original Gangsta. Did I win or did some one beat me to it. Used to only see that in ads for low-riders and four door shit-boxes with lo-low potential. Now it appears in ads for every thing from dirt bikes to customs. I've been reading this thread for hours and have been thoroughly entertained.

Misspelling and bad grammar have always bothered me, even though me still don't does it rite. One that really grinds my gears is when people use K instead of C or Z instead of S. And when people add extra letters to words like daWg or spell them wrong on purpose like PHat. Another one that gets me is abbreviating single syllable words like 'da instead of the. Ignorance is the new fad I guess.

How 'bout people that confuse year first sold with model year even to the point of registering the vehicle as the wrong year.

6. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Wrtng thr ads n TXT

Hw fckn dffclt s t 2 mv y fngrs n da kybrd a fw spcs n typ sm fckn "vowels"

Also replying to ads with TXT messages, "if they cant afford a phone call ,the cant affofd to buy it"

I never bother replying

7. joemarsicano

joemarsicano
    from Palmyra PA

When will the term "Man Cave" finally die? Its called a garage.

8. stukks

stukks

It will be sometime after the DIY channel cancels their show called Man Caves.

9. devilleish

devilleish

Used to have a lot of fun with the idiots that would come into the parts store I worked at and ask for a distributor cap and rotor button. It's a rotor, ya genius. The button is part of the cap on most I've ever seen. The separate button on HEIs is called a "bushing" but I never hear the rednecks say anything about that.

10. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Several nights ago a friend and I went to look at a "mint barnfind" 34' Ford pickup for $2900. When we got there I asked him if that was the same truck that a younger kid was selling for $2000 a year ago near my house (which it was). His face was priceless, ironically he told my friend that he was not interested in tire kickers over the phone?

11. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

This thread has inspired me to go to my local classifieds and post some real world examples of stupidity. Enjoy-

The funny thing here is this is the entire description. lol....

And here he is again 2 ads later....
    Yes, that was the entire description.

You can't argue with this!

This one is awesome. Guy is asking $100k for his old 4 dr '56, but he will take any ridiculous offer that is high. I think he may be high.
    I could go on all day, but I have to work....

12. There is always, "I want to sale......" and then the other way, "For Sell........"

13. supercharged_scottsman

supercharged_scottsman
    from Galveston

And don't we all love the ads with pictures that look like they were taken using the pinhole came they made from a shoebox in the fouth grade!:rolleyes:

14. The one that gets me is the picture ads that aren't the car that's being sold. Like " car isn't the one in the picture but looks just like it" ya right maybe with 4 years hard work and 10 grand in parts. Just show me the rusty pos you're selling

15. I can understand that completely.
    Tire kicking over the phone will get you nowhere.
    Do it in person everytime.. :D

16. supercharged_scottsman

supercharged_scottsman
    from Galveston

Yea - they have the intellegence to find a picture of their model of car but not enough to take a simple picture.

I just do not understand that. So you are low on cash - buy a cheap 10 shot disposable camera, spend a few buck to get the film developed into digital pictures and for less that 20 bucks you have pictures to add to your sales ad. You're selling a car for gosh sakes. $20 investment for a several thousand dollar sale - seems worth it to me.:confused:

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jesus! It took me 5 minutes to decipher that and I'm still not sure if I got it right, something about spam sandwiches and gorillas right?:confused:

Doc.

18. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Having read this well thought out and reasoned argument, I am convinced that Jingles has a superior knowledge of the language and engineering then the combined resources of GM, Fo Mo Co, BMC, BMW, AMC, MoPar, IMS, IMSA, and the rest of the Automotive, Motorcycle industry. What annoys me is that the US Government caused me to work under duress in a Motor Pool while in the U.S. Army. It's my understand that the Navy, Marines, and Air Force are still almost 50 years later, doing the same outrages act. It must be some kind of conspiracy. I would ask Jingles to counts his governmental Representative, no doubt Barbara Boxer, and see that this outrage is correct as soon as possible. And I get some restitution. Maybe I'll use the money for a new crate motor.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  19. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Has anyone else noticed that nearly every idiot lists used cars as having rebuilt or "Crate" engines? Or rebuilt trannies... of the hundreds I have bought over the years I think maybe 3 or 4 were actually rebuilt and only 1 was a "Crate", why do people make that claim, it's usually very easy to prove them wrong, especially if it's sitting there smoking away and dripping oil. (or even rattling)

On the flip side, when i am selling a car and the ad states clearly that the car does not run, or has no engine, like currently I am selling a 37 Dodge sedan, seized engine and diff, has been off the road since 1957, and I get dozens of calls asking how well it runs or if they can drive it home... how do you reply to that?

20. Baggs

Baggs

Might have been said, but how bout "corvette motor" seems like anything with an older 350 has a "veette motor"

21. bob-o

bob-o

It drives me crazy when you're reading the classifieds and come across ads that go a little something like this; "For Sale. 1954 caddilac..." Blah blah blah. How hard is it to go out and look at the emblems on the item for sale and make sure you've got it spelled right?

22. bob-o

bob-o

Also when people refer to trim or chrome as "chromes". It's already fucking plural in any context where it's required to be pluralized...

23. Tat-2

Tat-2
    from SoCal

How about No Bondo whatsoever and the body is immacutely/totally/completely staright..even straighter than when new.. So unless you are all EXPERTS at lead work or other metals, it has to have some type or amount of Bondo.. Even professionals use the stuff...Also the use fo the word Bondo to cover any and all types of Non-Metal types body fill-ins....

24. johnod

johnod

Awesome!

I am sick and tired of awesome, in any context. If you're looking at the grand canyon , fine, awesome it is.
    Honda civics are not awesome.

25. It's the bees knees !

26. No Cents

No Cents

If this was covered and I missed it sorry....
    I get the engine/motor thing but.....
    Does the engine in my car have MOTOR mounts or ENGINE mounts ?
    Does it use MOTOR oil or ENGINE oil ?
    Things that make you go hmmm.......

27. Tat-2

Tat-2
    from SoCal

If the shoe fits wear it....WTF!!!! Unless I am stealing shoes I think the ones I have on would fit....

28. And does a steam roller really roll steam?:D

29. What about trucks ?

Attached Files:

30. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Unless you are using a really old roller you are using a Power Roller. Or maybe a Power Shovel. No body says Steam roller or Steam Shovel any more. Unless thay are talking about a steam powered machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.