Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm curious about screen names

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Well it is simple on my part. I yam what I yam

2. mrforddude

mrforddude

I'm like everyone else, it just stuck. When I was setting up my first email account (yeah whenever that was) everything I could think up was not available. Since I had been driving nothing but Blue Oval products and all of my parts were of the same...that's when Mr Ford Dude was created....

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am what my screen name is. Our clan goes back to 348AD so why not. The sig is just there for entertainment. If I sign my name on an open post it might be because someone pissed me off or called me out, or because of something sincere like a sick or lost loved one. I think "fuckin prick" was taken when I signed on...

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

2 family names and a Fink..thats me

A Von Weaver..(changed to Webber when they came across)
    and a Rigg got togeather and produced a Fink..

do you know my given name? than you know me better than some others do on here

I was going to go with a nickname i was given a long time ago..but felt this one was better..
    My nephew Matt nick named me Roadsnake after he and his parents drove behind me on my Harley for a weekend run up north Michigan..it stuck with family..im called Uncle Roadsnake by some of the children in my family

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  5. Cymro

Cymro

Simple, I'm Welsh, I live in Wales so what could be simpler "Cymro" - Welshman in my native language.
    [​IMG]

6. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

I've thought about this lately and possibly changing it and stepping up to the plate and getting an alliance membership.

My name comes from my sportbike days from other message boards. YAMAHA R1, customized as a streetfighter.

For those have meet me know I'm not a hot head, though if you throw jamison in the mix... All bets are off!

Opinions are like assholes but first impressions are important even if it's on a message board.

7. I always use the name my folks gave me....never thought a major car company would think it so cool that they would place it on one of their vehicles.
    Still waiting for the royalty checks to arrive!

8. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I used to write many years ago and the tag got stuck w/ me. I never was good tough.
    Its bonez cause imma skinny dude.
    I wanna be called Nick in real life still. always been this way.

9. chopped

chopped

Started out with a chopped 36 Chevy.

10. Paul

Paul
    Editor

don't call me Bruce,
    my name is Elvis

11. MP&C

MP&C

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

My initials are FAB and I've had/got 8 origional '32 Fords plus one fake Brookville..................so that's the 32 part.

Frank

13. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

I make Thorkle Rods, If you need a new one Please send $100 cash and I can make the one you need and ship it to you free the same day .

14. Ironpeddler

Ironpeddler

15. I am a analog guy living in a digital age, so when I joined my first chat room sponsored by the car club of which I was a founding member of (1976) I used Oldguard as a reference to that as we have had over a hundred members thru the years, and quite a few here on the HAMB. http://www.streetkingsokla.com/HISTORY_1.html
    This was the second web site I joined and like most I continued to use the same screen name but now years later as I have learned of this amazing digital age I would rethink my screen name. I have seen several change thiers here, your reasons for that I ask? And while on the subject, if one did want to change thier screen name, is it some ritual while a certain moon is up and involves candles and blood letting or such?? :D Just asking...

16. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

A guy with a name like Richard Hed doesn't really want to use his real name now does he?

17. HotRod33

HotRod33

I got my Dad's old 33 pickup and hotrodded it....... so it's hotrod33

18. 61TBird

61TBird

Try yelling David/Dave....:mad:
    We even have our own song!

http://mcooki.es/45277

19. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

LOL, hilarious

20. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

I'm into old Buicks. That's why I use Sweepspear.

Better than "Porthole" :D

21. greaseguns

greaseguns

nutajunka........LOL thats plain COOL

22. Big Nick

Big Nick

The Big Nick name started years ago on an OT board as I was just making fun of my buddy for using Big Mike. But honestly my real name is Nick and I have been called or described as Big Nick (not by the ladys!), so there you have it.

23. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

I use my real name so if I say something you don't like you know exactly who said it. JC

24. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Well as of today 14 trucks and an occasional 12 oz. liquid pain killer..........:D

Little more descriptive of myself than simply Brent.

25. So you got two goof ball brothers and a bushy black mustach?

I very seldom use my name or nick name because I may need to get a job someday.

Benno

26. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Groucho, i had some friends that joined the Hamb back in the 90's with me but they aren't around any more.

Adolf Alovermuff

Dick Gozinya

Eileen Ulik

Betty Humpter

27. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

I've used Mr. Jean on all the different sites/forums that I'm on. I've had many different race cars/cars/trucks/toys and am still changing toys often now, so never thought of using that type of screen name. I've been called Mr. Jean for many years now, so no need to ever change it.:cool:

It (Mr. Jean) started with my business cards maybe 30 years ago. The spelling of it being JEAN, not GENE had people asking to see or speak to HER. :eek: So the Mr. was put on all cards from then on.

I find it hard to keep track of everyone, when they use different names on different sites. Not sure who they are, unless they sign their name at the bottom. I have mine at the bottom too.:D

28. Holliwood has been my nickname since about 2000. Everyone calls me that, so that's what I went with. Hell, my own stepdaughter was introduced to me as "Holliwood" almost 6 yrs ago, and to this day, I can't get her to call me by my real name! Just imagine what her teachers think when she tells them "That's my Holliwood" :rolleyes:

29. Gator

Gator

I was actually thinking about this last week - met a few 'hambers' at a show - 'Hi, I'm rustyratrod327 on the hamb, just call me bill' or 'Hey, I'm 'onebigbadflatty' from the hamb, my name's bob' And I'm like - hey, I'm Gator - just call me Gator.

Got the nickname 'Gator' about 20 years ago, during my first day as a firefighter. One crusty old paramedic said "Hey, who's the new guy?"
    My new Captain said "His name is Bubba Smith, but we call him Gator."

My name is not Bubba Smith, and no one in my whole life ever called me 'Gator' before that day, but it stuck. Most everyone who's met me the last 20 years only knows me as Gator. I do have one neighbor who flat out refuses to call me that, said nicknames were 'juvenile'

30. mustangsix

mustangsix

In the military a mustang is a guy who goes from enlisted to officer. Six is the usual designation for the unit commander and his vehicle. and I own a six cylinder Mustang. Kind of all fit my personal history.