Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Gunslinger63

Gunslinger63

Need some photo shop help. My dad is trying to decide on color to paint his 39 Ford Bus Coupe. The problem is it is in black primer and I am having a hard time doing anything with the black primer in photoshop. I am sure how I am doing it is not the best so if someone could photo shop the car in pearl white it would help us out a bunch. He wants the car in pearl white and then do the running boards and fenders in another color. I think I can do the runnign boards and fenders for him but I cannot get the white to come out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

For anyone who is curious it is a 39 Ford Bus Coupe sitting on a 87 Dakota frame with some modifications to the frame to get it all to sit right. Big Block Ford 429, C6, 9" narrowed rear, and my fav part is the Sliding T bird steering column. Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

2. Hexadox

Hexadox

Anybody want to take another crack at mine? (see attached pic)

Here's what James D did with it. I wouldn't mind seeing it with the black wheels back and some scallops, either a deep red/maroon or gold. Some skinny ones on the bottom half of the car.

[​IMG]

Is it possible to sample the gold from this picture?

[​IMG]

Feel free to play around with ride height and any other ideas you might have. Spotlights? Supremes? etc. etc.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  3. james d strikes again!! thats exactly what i needed, ill have to find a dealer here for cragar unique supremes the bellflowers might m\be a stretch unless i have them custom made.

4. Couple of quick ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

You such a lucky fella!
    I always loved that 'chero. Its such a perfect little truck. The wheels are the shit!Koolest wires ever made!
    I was you i wouldnt do any scallops, theyre not so great on 60s cars.just my02c

6. My buddy thinks I need a red flaked roof following the body line, which I'm not too sure I'm in to. Anyone wanna do one in a red similar to the door lettering? Thanks.

Attached Files:

7. james d you are good, thanks for your effort.

im thinking of somethign like that but a bit lighter like sand/straw with black trim. what do you think?

8. "Trim" meaning the swage lines on the body? Or do I misunderstand you?
    Are you putting the vinyl top back on it?

9. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

I like the wires too, and will keep them for shows, but it's parked on the street and I've had to scare off a couple guys lookin to make them there own.
    Can someone try a set of chrome rims with the centers painted and spiders?

thanks for the help

10. jamesd, i think thats what it is,i never heard the name before. and no the top will be painted the same as the car.

as far as the trim i think you know what i mean, i want it light tan/straw like a stock color trimmed the body in black how it would have had from the factory.

11. choptvan

choptvan

Was lookin to do white with green scallops and gren roof. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

12. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Can Some one put some scallops on my 59 same color as the top. And anything else you think might flow. Thanks! Put a couple pics of the side and one of the top for the color.

Attached Files:

13. Hey this was on ebay - did you buy it or were you selling it? I can't remember if it sold or not. I like it!

14. HotRodNisse

HotRodNisse

GAZ 13 Chaika :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  15. I know you guys may be tired of photoshoping this truck but now I have raised the front, it needs new rims. Could someone put Cragar S/S wheels and keep same tires on it please and maybe do the bed in the same black as before ? thank you

[​IMG]

16. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

I was selling it. But school hit and now I can't sell it without having somethin else so I just kept it. Rewired the whole truck really clean and looking to do some more to it. Unless I have a buyer.... :D Thanks though. Did all the work myself except the motor and tranny swap.

17. 'Mo

'Mo

That thing looks right for some FLAMES!

18. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Alright I'll have a look at flames if anyone wants to volunteer. Thanks ahead!

19. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

20. thanks Flat-Foot , right click and save

21. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Not the best I just kind of tought myself. :confused:

Attached Files:

22. angry

angry
    from ventura ca

can someone gasser this for me

Attached Files:

23. [​IMG]

Just a real quick one. I can do more when you get a better photo.

24. Can anyone do something with this? I like the crappy paint but anything in black, purple, blue will work. I'd like to go with early chevy wheels, caps and 2" whites. Of course it's gotta be down on the ground.
    Thanks a billion.

Attached Files:

25. Not sure about the green and I´d probably leave the roof white also.

[​IMG]

26. heres something i did for shits using the schools crappy photoshop and GIMP in like 5 min. any suggestions?

Attached Files:

27. choptvan

choptvan

Thank you very much! Almost exactly what I had in mind.... so cool!!

Is here a way to make the black stripe gold around the scallops? Please that is...

28. yup james d, thats the body line i was talkin about, the roof will be body color tho, but you nailed the idea, im just lookin to do a lighter tan, like straw.

what you fellas think? black 16' wires, light straw.baige body with the black body lines just like james D did up.

29. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I'm posting 2 pics of my car--I would like to see what it would look like with regular 32 10" headlights and also what it would look like with beige wheels instead of black
    Thanks

Attached Files:

30. Mattimus

Mattimus

If someone gets a wild hair in their a$$, could I possibly see what my 54 would look like in Washington Blue? The top will eventually be white or rootbeer, but that's not important now. I tried to find two pics with similar lighting if that helps.

Much appreciated!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010