Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chopped Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TrioxinKustoms, Mar 28, 2010.

1. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

[​IMG]

I have a funny feeling most of you wont dig the 50 Desoto rear window, But its what i had laying around the shop and it kinda had a hudson feel too it so i went with it... I kinda dig the way it came out. Ive got a long way to go still but its off to a good start.

I'll post more pics ups soon. Let the opinions fly, I always like to take them all in. Good or bad.

2. Waste not want not. Looks good.

3. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

I like it...seems to fit/flow decent. What are the plans for the rest of the car?

4. I like it, has a nice flow from what I can see.

5. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

6. 52chevydeluxePDX

52chevydeluxePDX

I think its very cool! Can't wait to see the finished product! NICE!

7. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Is the window upside down?

8. fbama73

fbama73

I don't see anything not to like about that back window. It might fail with less chop, but I agree with HalfEvil- it seems to flow.

9. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

It belongs to a guy in MD around the bel air area. Its a budget car (like all I do) I diddnt cut the windsheild. instead, I took out the large lip in the visor area it had above it and pancaked it down,(make sense?) gained about 2 inches or more. He wants it bagged and two toned... just a mild 50s style cruiser car.. nothing real radical. It will get a visor when i find one...to get rid of the suprised looking windsheild... ha ha

10. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

Yup, wouldnt fit otherwise... Desotos sure are funky cars.

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

Got some pics of the windshield opening surgury? I think it looks pretty cool !

12. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

No, I don't think so. I do most of my work alone and I get pretty lazy when I comes to getting pics. I will post some more soon. I just found some more that I took with my phone.

13. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

Honestly I don't think it looks bad. You can def tell the glass has been flipped but I dig it. Proportion on the chop looks good too. You'll have to keep us updated or post the finished product.

14. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

looks good man, cant wait to see it done.

15. That sure is unusual, but I think it works well. Glad you kept the chrome along the gutters - I think that helps give it some flow and a defined shape to the roof.

Keep us posted. I´d like to see how this one turns out.

16. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

should have her in paint by the end of the month, maybe sooner!

17. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i know it looks weird from the front 1/4, but belive me it looks better lower to the ground with all the trim around the windows.

18. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

did the pics work? they do for me.

19. hotdamn

hotdamn

the window doesnt look bad but I think it may look good if it were flipped upside down too?

20. 58fed

58fed
    BANNED

From the rear 3/4 shot, it seems that the window would have looked better upside down but, that rear shot, I think it looks awesome. Good call. Maybe it was just the angle of the first pic.
    Looks good. Keep it up and get it out there drivin..... where they all should be.

21. injunjoes

injunjoes

i can admire the work no doubt it take some work to chop one of those cars, but it seems like it might need just a lil bit taken outta the A pillars, not much just a hair, and taking the visor off might help a little too. it looks good though don't get me wrong. and it might be a little late seeing how its already painted. But good job on building a budget custom. Keep it up

22. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

that was my first intent. but i tacked it in and the arch of the window just wouldn't work with the roof line.

when i flipped it the way it is now. I stood back and it screamed "Hudson" so i went with it.

thanks for the input.

23. Hey that's a cool job. And what about the tail lights? Maybe a solid lense for those openings? Had a buddy in high school who had one one those - actually his folks. Think it had a heater under the front seat - a water powered heater from the radiator. We were running down I-35 one day after some chicks. And BANG! The hood latch was AWOL that day and let go. That big hood wrapped up and over the top of the car! Some how we made it back home by sticking our necks out the side window!
    Memories!

24. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

what was the question ? Looks damn good from where iam sitting.
    moe pix please.

25. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

hudson was my first thought haha. im a buick lover at heart so ill reserve my comments other then to say....good job, really looks like a lot of work! i cant wait to see it closer to done

26. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

more pics coming today. couldnt get many last night...shops got too much junk in it.

27. Jaker

Jaker

is the front chopped at all, or only in the back?

28. belair

belair

wow-I think I like it. Did you eliminate the rear quarter window on the side, or is it just covered up? It helps the flow of the roofline, I think. You took a sow's ear and went a long way toward a silk purse. Good job.

29. sololobo

sololobo

I love it, really a nice fastback look without destroying the great body style. Excellent work my friend. On a 1 to 10, a 12+ for me. ~Sololobo~

30. Nothing wrong with using what you have, crappy pic but it's the best one I have of nautical Mike's 55 chopped Buick...

Attached Files: