Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '59 El Camino - 8-13-11 - It's Finally Done

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemifarris, Sep 2, 2010.

1. That's a beautiful Elky....Gotta love them 59' and 60's. So much nicer than the 61', 62' and 63' models....

The only thing that I would consider changing would be to add the chrome trim to the taillites like what comes on an impala... (or paint the inner edges red or dark to match the lenz's) but thats just me and might be to much for this car.

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Man, that is the finest Elky I've ever seen. I absolutely love it. The wheel choice is spot-on, but I think I'd also have a set of 14" early Americans for it too :D

Thanks for sharing-

3. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

Very nice car...the style is exactly how I like 'em. Two thumbs up!

4. Beautiful car. Like you, a 59 ElCamino is on my lottery win list. I had a 59 Sport cp back in the 80's. I see the York Pa. dealer sticker on the bumper so I guess the car originally came from the east coast?

5. Your El Camino couldn't be more perfect! I love the triple black on your cars! Very nice indeed.

6. What's not to like??? I'm diggin that thing from every angle!

7. hemifarris

hemifarris

Thanks for the kind words.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Got a real softspot for 59 el caminos, yours makes me smile:D

9. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

the El Camino looks great, i like the "dog dish" hub caps

10. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

11. CruZer

CruZer

Yep, that is one sweet ride.

12. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

13. crapshoot

crapshoot

shit that has to be one of the best looking el camino's i have ever seen. nice job

14. davis574ord

davis574ord

hey dude, im not a chevy guy, but i really appreciate the bitchin job you did on that camino, love the black wheels, nice touch! That thing is damn near perfect, very nice! Cruise with pride, unbelievable job bro! Keep up the good work!

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I would be as proud as proud can be with that thing. It's awesome plain and simple. I'd like to do my '54 in a similar manner maybe.

16. Weasel

Weasel

Living proof that Chevy got that one (and only that one year IMO) right first time, straight outta the box. Mine was lemon pearl with white pearl to purple pearl fade in the center of the trim and purple pearl steelies with baby moons and www - it's in Oz now and seeing yours makes me miss it - a lot....:(

17. Hot Damn, looking at your 59.. I see how much more work I have ahead of me. Absolutely beautiful, Mike! I love all these new pictures, amazing sir.. effin amazing!

18. hemifarris

hemifarris

Thanks Jay....I just ordered new seat covers and door trim pads for it so I can finish the last 1%. The current door panels and seat covers are close to 30 years old and the black/white houndstooth (1960) is not as crisp looking as I'd like it. It's somewhat faded. After that I just need to install my N.O.S. push button radio (in original box), clean and detail the air conditioner, dash, install the new left door weatherstrip and a few odds and ends...Mike

[​IMG]
    Notice how the seat bottom has faded through the years..
    [​IMG]
    AC needs the aluminum polished and black repainted on face..I know it's ugly but it blows ice cold and it's a pretty rare dealer installed Chevrolet part....
    [​IMG]

19. I am stunned how white the seat tops have stayed. 30yrs old, WOW!
    I just have to keep going.. One thing at a time! Today I'm laying the filler, so I get the drvr qtr primed up & ready for blocking.

20. hemifarris

hemifarris

I just read your last post on your thread. Now comes the part of a build that's fun.........filler and block sand.....filler and block sand.....filler and block sand :)

21. I'm still reading the HAMB, when I should log off and go work. It's bodywork, not body-fun.. SIGH!

22. kookee

kookee

Wow Mike. When you do it, you do it well. It just keeps getting better.

I do not think there is a single thing I would wish for in a 59' Elco. Normally I would warn folks with black, but you should know better than most!!

Will you be taking it to Heritage Festival this weekend? I promise I will not drewl directly on it!

23. hemifarris

hemifarris

Adam, I'm not going to the Heritage Festival. I'm thinking I'll probably go to Al Bergler's and putz with the El Camino on Sunday.

24. afan

afan
    from michigan

Hey Mike ,are you gonna go the CARO MI. PUMPKIN FESTIVAL Car show Oct.9??
    To eat pumpkin pie and look at hotrods. ya gonna take that EL camino or ride in the truck?

25. lbrunkala

lbrunkala

That is one sweet Elky!!! Well done my friend!

26. hemifarris

hemifarris

I'm not going. I'll see you at Al's on Sunday.

27. hemifarris

hemifarris

For those of you that need to replace your rusted bed floors a fellow HAMB member is looking for enough people interested so his buddy will reproduce them. His HAMB name is "Richard/SIA" and his original post was at 6:27 pm on 9/25/10. I hope this helps someone..........Mike

28. sololobo

sololobo

Just right, man those are my fave dog dishes, and they are harder than "H" to find. Really killer man! ~Sololobo~

29. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

30. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948