Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mock up pics of my 1934 Ford roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Sep 20, 2010.

1. I dunno on color, but dark. Pretty sure I'm using the original 34 banjo under it. Interior was planned to be typical 50's white and colored pleats...but I was just offered a new in box LeBarron-Bonney complete leather interior for cheap so I may pick that up and see what happens. Still lots of planning, I have a lot to do before I can even begin to think about shit like that.

2. Man,
    I am sure glad I swapped some tires on. Flippin A it looks awesome! Forget selling the coupe...I should just part it out :D I just stare at this thing!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Chris, About 3 years ago I was at the Father's Day Shindig in LA with my pals from Reno. We were sharing a couple of booth spaces and he comes back and tells me he bought a 34 roadster body in pieces. I had and extra tophood and side panel that I had for sale. We did a little trading and he had just about a complete car. Here is the car now. It will be featured this next issue on the cover of Rodder's Journal. This kid Rory(and his dad Ray) does good work. He's here on the Hamb but don't post much. No fenders but I know you"ll enjoy this car. Dale

Attached Files:

4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Love the full fendered mockup--

5. kingpins

kingpins

6. Awesome mock up.

Love the fenders, bumpers, stance, etc... and the y-block is gonna be killer!!!

I can't wait to see it come together.

Just so you know, you and JJ are acting as consulants (unpaid - of coarse :rolleyes:) on the build of my '34 5-window. I love both of your guys stuff and only hope mine ends up with the right "look" - you guys seem to nail it everytime!

7. kookee

kookee

Great job Chris! The wheel swap really did the trick.

I wasnt sure I should look at the post. Each time I do you have a new great ride in the works. I was stunned when you let the tub go, but now I realize why.

Great plans so far, should be another winner in my book!

8. brady1929

brady1929

wow, never realized how much of a sexy hot rod the 34 roadster is.

9. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

awesome chris. good luck with it. i agree on the full fenders too. but i can't bring myself to use them on my own coupe. huh.

10. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Love the car...Should be killer when done...What size tires? 5.50 and 7.00?

11. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

hey chris good luck on the build.....keep us a posted on the progress..
    see ya Brian

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I believe they are 5.50's and 7.50 Firestones.

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Black paint with a White interior and a White top would look killer Chris. Especially with those black wheels and white walls.

Then you can do what I am doing with my '35 and have a spare tire cover upholstered in the same white as the interior. My '35 is going to have one with "The Wizard" Stitched on it. Although I am still stuck on a complete black interior inside....might have to do that white piping idea. Hmmmmm

14. Winna-winna chicken dinna

15. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Love the direction on this one... looks like it's time to get to work, Chris! :)

Malcolm

16. MAN im jealous where do you find the money to buy all these projects???

17. T-Roy

T-Roy

The talent and drive found here on the HAMB is amazing. Nice project Chris!

18. couverkid

couverkid

Now that is a hot rod.Bitchin!

19. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I guess your mother never told you, "you can't build your own car". Silly boy!

20. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

He owns the the rights to the word "O.J." so anytime the juice or the football player/killer is used commercially he gets money. :D

22. hmmm always thought he sold kidneys and other organs on the black market... learn something new everyday :rolleyes:

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well I'm sure he sells those too but I think that's to fund his Desert Storm Trading card collection he has amassed.

[​IMG]

24. I thought he invented Sham!Wow!

25. yup and his part time job as a midnight cowboy...:cool:

26. Actually just good old fashioned hard work and using your head. I think a lot of you would be amazed if you knew how little I made at my job!

27. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Chris, Sorry that you will be selling your "A". It was one nice coupe for what you made of it. Looking forward to the saga of the build of you Y-Block Powered '34 Roadster. May take a while but will be one mean Hot Rod !

28. true... and it might also depend on who you know and how you know them, either way all your project turn out kick ass :cool:

29. Thanks man, I just build em how I like em!

30. Agreed! Can't wait to see it in Rodders Jornal now!!!!