Register now to get rid of these ads!

Severe Bondo Abuse

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nads, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Here's the doors getting done, what a pain, these things are heavy, even without the glass and vent windows.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see there's a bunch to do, but I'm getting there.

2. youreviltwin

youreviltwin
    from fl

nice progress. subscribed.

3. Zeke

Zeke

I wanna be just like Nads when I grow up!!

4. all that work around the back window... where is the drain trough and exit tube now that the floor rotted holes are patched?
    keep up the mediocre work..:)

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It's not finished yet, I'm going to make a removable shelf that will have drain holes and tubes for the water to exit. The entire shelf was almost completely rusted away as was the inner structure and the glass pinch weld.
    Way to judge something before it's done.

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh yeah, I just got two door tops off of a 60 Chevy 2 door sedan to make donor pieces to fill the stretched tops from Southeast Chevy Parts. Their sawzall had taken a shit so I had to bring mine.

There was a poor 55 Chevy 2 door sedan sitting outside that had been in a terrible rollover, it was a total loss, heartbreaking, but it looks like whoever was inside did survive.

7. darkk

darkk

the Northeast has it's share of bondo beauties. I did one back in the early 70's. A 1965 Chrysler new yorker 4 door with the side flat from bumper to bumper. The guy I was working for said no new parts,fix it all. I said that's a lot of fixing. He said I don't care, bondo is cheaper than replacement parts. 3 days of pulling with a small pipe style guy-chart and 11 1/2 gallons of cheap bondo later. Car listed to one side but he didn't care. It was straight and shiney....

8. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I've seen a bodyman mix his Bondo on a piece of 36" masking paper, then tape it on the quarter like a diaper...(His words) then mud hog it smooth after it hardened, paper and all.....Turned and ran away...

9. guitar man

guitar man
    from Tulsa OK

Just about the whole passenger side door skin on my truck is made of bondo. I've got to get out and walk some salvage yards and see if I can find another door :(

10. Toner283

Toner283

I may have missed this part but are you going to sink the windsheild glass or are you using impala glass or have you overcome that issue in another way?

Looking better all the time.

11. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Naannna nnaaah na nun nah nunnna... Naannna nnaaah na nun nah nunnna... BAT MAN! Nads is on scene *BAM* *POW* *BANG* and a hammer form.... Rob'n the blind...

-its kinda like a tattoo of a cock and balls on your head... sure it'll get covered up by hair... but... :-D

Does this mean you know cat woman on a personal level? I alway dug that chick... If you airbrush catwoman somewhere in the box I'll come to terms with the call sign...

The chop looks great Nads...

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Impala glass, the easy solution, go back and look, it's all documented. The car needed a windshield anyway.

Thank you Tuck for the compliments, it means a lot to me, out to the gay rodge I go.

13. EyeballJohn

EyeballJohn

Years ago a guy pulled in my shop with a nice looking 55 Nomad the car was in primer but both rockers had some bubbeling on them, he had already purchased a new set of rocker panels just in case I had to piece a section in, I didn't look under the car yet the owner said he was afraid to touch the panel, so I said let me just knock it a little with a hammer to see what we hear well after a rap or two not only did the inner and outer rocker panel fall of but all the way to the rear wheel well came down, it seams who ever did the work before used paint rollers news paper and about 4 gallons of bondo to sculpt a new rocker,

One Never knows whats lurking under the primer........ Be Afraid.... Be Very Afraid...... :eek:

14. Way to judge something before it's done.[/QUOTE]

post 3000 yaaaaaaah
    dint ya see i was standing there holding a beverage and trying to be helpful and the smily
    there was not a tone other than ribbing ya i like the work

i have had issue with drains before make them large .....good luck

15. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

that isnt as bad as the junk that that ruben guy on here(wheredoldcarsr) trys selling in La Vernia Texas...he was about 10,000 times what the true value is too and its about 90 percent bondo when you buy anything form him

16. You should ditch the Batman logo and put this on there.
    [​IMG]

17. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

post 3000 yaaaaaaah
    dint ya see i was standing there holding a beverage and trying to be helpful and the smily
    there was not a tone other than ribbing ya i like the work

i have had issue with drains before make them large .....good luck[/QUOTE]
    I don't understand Emoticons.
    I'll make the drains big, on my way to 10,000 posts.

18. any water that finds its way into the box will collect at the point you are working unless it has a nosebleed stance ... areamentioned is future location of the bat guana
    but you ain't done yet so i'll wait and see .... he said smiling broadly

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Si comprende, I wonder why those drain hoses aren't being reproduced? What little that was left had turned into petrified liqorice.
    Onwards we go.
    First I tacked the doors shut then proceeded to do the frames, it was pretty tough, all I used out of those $80 sections was 2 two inch pieces. The pictures are pretty self explanatory, it's just a puzzle you gotta cut and weld. The vent windows, I predict, will be a bitch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Lotsa damn rust in the front floors, just as expected and 'repaired' in the same method as other areas, i.e, roofing flashing, and tar.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Outside for the first time in 4 months, parked next to the wagon the chop is apparent, the fenders are just sitting there, no gaps have been adjusted yet. I found another Dodge Polara grille that I can chop pieces out of to extend the ends to the fender's edges.
    I'm getting closer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  22. NoSurf

NoSurf

Looking good Billie-Ray!!!

23. Muttley

Muttley

I crack up everytime you post a picture of that house. People that live in those types of places dont usually drive rusty '59 El Caminos, I'm sure your neighbors love you. :D :D

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Nobody lives on either side, on the left I've never seen anyone, except the pool guy and lawn dudes and on the other, the couple divorced and they're both gone, the grass is all overgrown and I think their horse died.
    You can't see anything from the street at all, but when I drive the cars out of the gate it all becomes clear, the wagon, I'm sure, makes people whince in agony.

25. Toner283

Toner283

Screw 'em.

The chop looks really good outside from a few feet away. The proportions are dead on. roof vent looks good too.

26. Muttley

Muttley

Awesome, scan the local Craigslist and pick up an old washer/dryer to stick on the front porch. ;) :D :cool: I cant wait to see this one finished.

27. The ElCamino makes my underwear stickier every time I see it.

28. Sweats

Sweats

Lookin good my brother..I have weekends off now if you want some help..or just have me stand around..HAHA...im good at that you know

29. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Is the wagon getting choped next ??????????????????????????????????lol everyone seem to be on me for not choping and hardtoping mine but when u get a chance think it threw and tell me how much work u think there is into choping and hardtoping a wagon since u have one there also .by the way the elki is looking awsome man keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The wagon's my workhorse, she's getting bad though. No chop on that, I can't imagine the work that would be involved.