Register now to get rid of these ads!

First annual E vs. W flathead run pics and report!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Sep 19, 2010.

1. John, glad you and your son had a good time

[​IMG]

2. Looks like a great time. My dad ended up attending and buying some swag.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Damn i gotta get something going, Looks like fun exept ive allready drooled all over most of these cars.

4. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Ok, now I'm really kicking myself in the ass for not making this trip. Thanks for the best pictures Chris. That's a fantastic bunch of great old flathead iron. Next year for sure. What's the story on the black '32 roadster? Spot on!

5. Thanks to all the Inland Emperors. We had a great time and saw some great scenery along the way (mountains, farms, desert, wind turbines, small towns, steep grades, mountains and more steep grades). We figure we put about 400 miles on each of our cars from the Everett area. Even though we hit rain during the first and last parts of the run the temperatures were very mild. Great roadster weather! The artwork on the posters and shirts was killer (thanks Jeff). Keith

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Looks like way too much fun! I sure miss my summers running around up there. Everytime someone posts from Washington I see places I've been with the Plymouth, and it's a weird kinda second home sick!

7. Chris, please give more details of that most bitchin' 34 roadster. Man that thing is righteous. Who's is it? I love that thing. (and Josh I think your crazy for driving that truck. You are so hardcore)

8. Looks like you guys had a blast!
    Those pics with the cars and old grain elevators in the back ground are cool.

9. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

What a great turnout! Even w/ the rain in the forecast. And special thanx again Gorilla, Chicken and Rabbit for rockin over every other band that played that day! Great pix Jon and Chris! Hopefully next year the numbers will be doubled.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Even though we drove the van we had a great time. This is what it is all about, driving your cars to an interesting location and meeting up with other people who have done the same.

Some of the things that made it great besides great cars and fantastic people were=

I didn't see anyone who looked like they felt pressured to clean up their ride after they got there although a couple looked pretty clean for making the trip in the rain.
    No California dusters or special wiping cloths in site when we got there.

Host club wasn't going into a panic because the spectator gate wasn't getting enough paying spectators through it. (no damned gate) and just a few very interested spectators including a group of soldiers who had stopped with their convoy of truck for a break. It is fantastic to go to a car event that is about the cars and car people instead of being a group or clubs fund raiser. Not one worry or discussion about letting in (those other) vehicles because the numbers might be lower than expected either. The local to me big event looked more like a used car lot last month due to their quest for high numbers rather than keeping the event exclusive. Something for anyone contemplating putting on an event to think about.

The biggest pressure of the day was getting over to the T shirt table with your cash in hand before they ran out of your size. Great looking shirts too an worth the trip in themselves. I've got to get a frame for the poster too.

getting to see and meet some of the folks I go back and forth with here on the Hamb was great. Getting to see cars that were unbelievably interesting and a lot of them with long histories was unreal plus being able to study them and take close up shots of different things on them for reference. If you live in the Northwest and are building a flathead powered car and you didn't spend the time to jump in the daily and make the trip over you blew it.

You guys did a fantastic job of putting a great event together, Thanks.

11. Thanks man. John and I did this for one reason: We wanted to. We love the NW and the cars/people in it. We thought a run would be a good way to get some awesome flathead cars together in a place that they normally would not. The event did not cost much to put on, and the T shirt sales helped do that. It was never about the money. I mean shit, it's free to do, buy a shirt if you want. John and I talked last week about how even if it was just us who showed we would still have a blast. We want to continue this and have it as laid back and relaxed as possible. There has to be a little pre planning involved but basically "hey everyone, drive a flathead powered anything to Vantage WA, have a burger, BS and go home when your ready" is the attitude. Like stated before all of Thee Emperors are very pleased with how it turned out and everyone who showed is to be thanked for that.

12. Dale,
    Oh man that 34 is just perfect. I have not been so thrilled to see a car like that in person in a long time. Guy named Dave in Central WA owns is. Super nice dude. That is exactly what I have planned for my 34 roadster so seeing it in the flesh just made my day! Super bitchin car!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mines gonna need a lot of TLC :D
    [​IMG]

13. Damnit! rub it in!

14. TMoney

TMoney

That was the plan this year. Wee Emperors drove up to Ellensburg and stayed the night. Drove home this morning. Guess the west-siders didn't get the memo. Or they were just afraid. :D

15. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

hey man, at least you still have a flathead!

Mines toast!

What a trip though! i was shittin a brick up tigar moutain with 3 rods knockin wait for one to let loose.

Made it home though.

16. hershambob

hershambob

[​IMG]
    priceless!looked like a lot of fun chris

17. couverkid

couverkid

Boy I wish I would have made it, next year for sure. I am glad to see people step up and start a new laided back event like this. All about the people and cars and fun.

18. Trubble

Trubble
    from Kent Wash.

I can't wait for next year!! I also had a great time following one of the west side groups there. Hung with Dynoflast comming home and i must say "that little Plymmy
    hauled ass untell Tiger Mt. I was disappointed there were no Pontiacs, Olds, Studdies or Caddies,Not to mention the makes i don't know that made
    L-heads.
    Thanks to The Inland Emperers for the work your club did.

19. Chris, I had a blast ! It was fun driving over in the 49 with Steve G. and Josh H. thank you to all of the Inland Emperors fun time !!! If you had a flathead powered car (west side f.y.i !) you missed out on heck of a great event.

20. If you need a extra foot please let me know ! LOL , It was a great drive over to Vantage !

21. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

22. No, now you are in my club.....the useless pile of junk that closely resembles a flathead club. ;)

23. Come buy that flatty from me, I'll make you a deal...then you'll be one step closer for next year!

24. Looks like a great time! Cool cars every one of them! Hmmm.. rain in WA go figure. :rolleyes:

25. I'm saving every penny!

26. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Who owns this car?...I need to ask him where he got his tires and what sizes

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. His name is Mark. He goes by Hellrod666 here.

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What did I tell you Chris? When I sent you this pic a while back I said this is the way you should build it.....

[​IMG]

And then this one shows up at your run almost like a sign. Do it!!!
    [​IMG]