Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scrap price must be up again...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratroddude, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

this kinda shit burns me up , I just know someone out there could use something off of it , but nooooooo..... gotta get that pill fix...instant gratification money , sorry for the rant , just hate seeing old tin go to the scrapper... what have you guys been seeing go to the scrapper?

Attached Files:

2. candy53

candy53

You should have offered him a $100 for the Galaxy

3. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Maybe he is just building an eclectic collection.

4. JJK

JJK

I saw about 15 early 50's to 60's cars on a flatbed the other day pancake flat, chaps my ass too.

5. How do you know he was going to a scrapyard? Maybe he was on his way home or a swap meet.

6. BELLM

BELLM

Saw a mid 60s Bronco sitting on top of a 60 Chevy 4dr on a parked trailer today, turned around went back the rear axle was gone from the Bronco, dammit! As much as we would like to we cant save them all, but I try to do my part!

7. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Well, judging by the way he strapped the '50;s truck fenders to the top of that galaxy tight enough to crush the top in , that kinda gave it away to me...:D

8. Hard to tell from a photo but it sounds right.:)

9. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Sucks, hate seeing old getting squashed. I do my best to send new stuff to the crusher though.

10. The guy that owned this called the scrap guy, and was offered $250. He figured it was worth more, so he put it by the road. The motor had been all rebuilt, a bunch of new ignition parts, etc in a box too. I bought the truck and a large anvil from the guy! I pulled the motor and sold the truck to a guy that is going to do something with it.

Attached Files:

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

maybe it was already crushed in when he bought it so he decided ..cant hurt it worse:D..So hes got another one at home with a perfect roof and a shitty body..and hes also building another car or truckk by the looks of the fenders and cab..;):rolleyes:sorry im trying real hard to make it a happy ending..its not working..is it?

12. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Reality sucks. Times are tough, and people are doing what they can to pay the bills. It's a lot less hassle to go get what you can, than to sit around waiting for some one to come look at your car. No advertising, no waiting, no people showing up and offering to just buy one part, or just tire kicking. No we can't save them all. I can guarantee you it's only going to get worse. I see at least five truck loads a day headed to the scrap yards, and a lot of it is 50's Iron. Solution. Help the economy, go buy something. Lots of deals on the HAMB, swapmeets are bigger than ever, lots of iron for sale that is buildable, Galaxy was parts, the Model A truck would have been a waste, but I've seen better hauled in recently. Go buy something.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  13. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

"Galaxy was parts, and a sedan at that"...............looks like a hardtop to me...Oh well, in any instance , it still gripes my gonads to see it go...

14. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

Well, There`s this.............

Attached Files:

15. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

The owner of that car may have had it for sale. People laughed at his asking price. He said. "OK, it's gone"
    Read it and weep.
    Don't complain, you had your chance.

16. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

That sucks. 64 Galaxy 2 door and it looks like the rear is still under it

17. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

That truck is way too nice for a scrappie. Hmm... Ford truck, it's all one color, Ford car, toolbox in the back of a lifted truck, big tires, I think he just bought the car and parts.

Besides, a scrappie would have cut it up on the spot before loading it.

18. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

If you are not willing to hand over the cash then stop whining.

19. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

WTF..:confused: , damn ...

20. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Hate to say this If some of my parts dont sell Ill give them away or sell them for 1.00 I cant throw old car parts out .That is against every rule and the way I was raised ,I use to throw Chevelle stuff away and 10 years later you cant find any ,I learned my lesson

21. madgrinder

madgrinder

If the rest of that bumper looks as straight and shiny as the part we can see, it is worth $200-$300.

22. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

i love these scrap threads.......we get to hear all about how we need to quit whining cause we wouldn't pay $2,000 for a car with no motor, transmission, title, and rotten floors, so the owner (whom obviously knows WAAAAAY more about values of cars than us) decides to take $200 at the scrap yard, rather than realize,"hey, maybe the car ain't GOLDEN, maybe I'm pricing my shit too high, maybe, if I want to make some money, I should get off of my lazy ass and part the car out."

Seeing vintage tin get crushed with usable parts on it sucks. Standing up for the tweaker who was asking $2,000 for a $500 parts car is being an entitleist baby.

23. 6inarow

6inarow

I dont think he said he was trying to buy it. didnt sound like whining to me. just sayin...

24. BISHOP

BISHOP

My Dad always says..." Its antiques only cuz nobody threw it away yet". He makes me laugh.

25. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Thanks 6inarow....:D

26. 6inarow

6inarow

the englishman must the the pompous reference of alex, you suppose???

27. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

I didnt realize that coke still had enough power to hurt when you spew it through you nose...lmao

28. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

If that bumper was worth $200 - $300, how many do you want for $150 each? I imagine several people could come up with bumpers and be happy to sell them for $50 each. I know i could get at least 10 if not more, but i would imagine I would still have 9 this time next year. "Love to have it, can't afford the shipping," etc. Don't get me wrong, I hate to see good stuff wasted, I'm a huge swap meet recycler. I've also owned a couple wrecking yards, and know how the general public works.

29. I would bet that someone would pay good money for that 64 rear bumper.Likely as much as the whole car for scrap....they don't last long up here.

30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like he took the tail lights off. he thinks he parted it out.