Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Damned wicked lookin Falcon there, Evil. Can't wait for more pics.

2. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

killer stance and look on that 61. The polished (oil cooler?) and bumper delete are freakin' sweeeet!

3. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

yea unfortunatly it jumped out of gear in my driveway and hit a tree, ripping out the threads for the bumper bracket, and im lazy so i just kept the bumper off. ill have to grab some more pics these are all i have for now - Brett

PS: dont mind my other car.i love both but the falcon will always be my first love!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. warren1328

warren1328

Had some progress on my XP sedan delivery this weekend.
    Got the body into epoxy & then hi-fill ready to get back to more sanding.....
    The shiny epoxy really shows up the extra work that's still required. On the plus side, the repaired side windows seem to have "disappeared" nicely. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  5. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

Here's my '62 Wagon Squire.. Been driven a few times, but currently battling stalling issues when placing the car in gear. New brakes all four corners, fully redone fuel system to include a new tank, new bearings in bottom end and redone head with refurbed original radiator.. Gotta get this damn stalling issue solved or she'll be going into 'adoption' status..

Attached Files:

6. I suggest starting a thread asking for troubleshooting help.

7. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

Thanks, i'll start that soon possibly. I have a couple things to check either today or later this week such as possible vaccuum leaks or a problem with the dwell..

8. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

I solved my 6-cylinder stalling problem by installing a 302 V-8. ;)
    Rob

9. falconeer

falconeer

Any body going?
    SEPT. 24&25th is the Carolinas Reg. Falcon & all Ford Show. It is at the Holiday inn in Concord NC At I-85 and Dale Earnhart Blvd. Last time we had about 65 Falcons and the weather was bad. We hope to have 100+ this time. There are 6-7 good places to eat with in rock throwing distance of the hotel.

Hope to see you there:
    Butch Evans(Falconeer)
    Thomasville NC
    336-475-4353

10. D4D

D4D

Here is the Falcon that I have been building, it is a father/sons project. My boys are 5, 7 and 10. Greatest memories with my Dad are working on cars with him, the last car we built before he passed was a '64 Futura, I have always wanted another so it made sense to continue the family tradition building a Falcon.
    It is a '60 four door car, the drive train is done 100% right with a built 302, 9" rear, disc conversion, AOD transmission with a 2800 convertor and all the proper goodies. The body and interior are rough and will always be that way for the most part.
    This weekend I showed the boys how to sand and shot priemer. After cutting the hole in the hood for the velocity stack the kids all took the sander for a spin, prepped the metal and then shot it flat black. I laid some heavy patches and each pressed their hand in the wet paint.
    Maybe not done right by many peoples standards but it was never going to be a show car, just a rough cruiser that we can take to the local 8th mile as a family and have some fun. It is being done right in my mind :cool:

Attached Files:

11. Runawaychair

Runawaychair

-
    D4D! That's tough keeping three boys involved and busy. I have twin 16 year old boys and bouncing back and forth between their projects on our Falcon takes all my time.
    -
    Ghostcruiser! Same here. I solved my 6-cylinder with a '68 302. hardeeharhar
    -

12. doc's

doc's

I'd like to go....

13. frankenfords

frankenfords
    from SoCal

Let's bring this one back up.

Not done, but feeling pretty good about how it's doing. Runs and drives again!

Temporarily powered by a wheezy 289, backed by a toploader, 9-inch with a locker, 4 wheel disc brakes. Trial runs have shown it's ready for a real engine, once I clear out the shelves and bolt one together.

Attached Files:

14. falconeer

falconeer

Hey Franken, looks like some clean up and some paint and Whamoo its ready to go! Not bad the way it is. Give the little 289 some more muscle and put it on the street.

Butch Evans:(Falconeer)
    Thomasville NC

15. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

I'm diggin' the 2-door wagon, bro.....I wished my 2-door had the early front end...I like the "factory rolled pan" look...
    Rob

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  16. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

17. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

18. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

19. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

20. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

[​IMG]

Great looking car as it sits, I really like the front wheels, I would love to find a pair like that for my Falcon. Thanks for posting.

Jon

21. frankenfords

frankenfords
    from SoCal

Thanks for all the comments and compliments. The engine is worn out, smokes like a freight train under load. Was a cheapo classified ad score to get it running and safe before I put the bullet in the chamber.

The front rims and tires were another score from local classifieds, got 'em for a real good price. They are still out there...

22. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Lots of quality custom work in that slammed '61 deluxe 2 door wagon. Love to see more pics, and it looks close to done.

-KK

23. Rolling through town this morning, I stopped to eyeball a '60 fordor. Needs work, both front quarters had some funky patch panels screwed over "damage" in the forward sectionof the insert, paint was rough. Sign said it ran, shifted, and stopped fine......

Getting to the point...Would it be worth the $950 they're asking? Don't really need it, just dont have a HAMB friendly ride running at the moment. Would it be worth buying, fixing the really rough, driving, then reselling? What's the market outside eastern NC for a conservative custom fordor Falcon?

24. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Nice!

25. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

26. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

27. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

28. 69roggster

69roggster
    from minnesota

this one is mine

Attached Files:

29. Is that front apron, under where the bumper would go standard for the 60 model? My 63 doesn't have that and I like the look.
    Does anyone know if it is a bolt on for a 63?

30. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

That's standard for the '60-61 Falcons...the '62 and later versions don't use that type of front end. :(

To change it out, I've been told over at TFFN that you'll have to have the '60-61 front fenders, radiator support, bumper brackets, and other year-specific parts to make it work....I like the style myself, but I'm not going to change all that crap on my '62 to get it. :cool:

I'm looking into building more of a custom rolled pan to get the same effect, even if the lower leading edges of the front fenders won't have the nice fade the early birds have.

Rob