Register now to get rid of these ads!

design and build.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grf-x, Sep 14, 2010.

1. grf-x

grf-x

Okay, I have seen the sheet metal shapers (like Salt Flats Speed Shop and a few others) shape and build their cars from scratch... But is there anyone to share their own designs they built? I know that what most design would be loosely based of the "old" and "has be done's".

Also, what was your experience in registering your scratch build hot rod for road use.

Looking forward to hearing what come to the front.

2. grf-x

grf-x

3. half of the guys on here will answer if you have a question about their car if you ask for help.

a scratch build car would be under that something-100 thing. every first of the year 500 ppl get to go to dmv and register a car that has been built by scratch.

hell boyd was getting rubbermaid plastic storage boxes registered as 32 fords.

4. http://seniordragster.bravehost.com/HEEP.html
    Here is one start to finsh with a hand bult body Also built the frame front axle, cage etc etc. I still have the wooden buck i made for the pattern in the basement. It was not as hard as i thought . I did not do the final body but farmed it out to a local tin banger and gave him my wooden buck to copy. It took them less than two days to complete it and was not expensive at all. Should i get the urge again i would not hesitate for a second.
    Go for it. You will be fine
    Don

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010

5. squirrel

squirrel

Registering a car varies by state, best bet is to read the New Mexico state laws, they should be online.

6. grf-x

grf-x

I will, but I will start with the MI ones first since that is where the wife has me shackled at. :) I will get back to NM someday though.

7. grf-x

grf-x

Again, I am most interested in original design and fabrication. What has the H.A.M.B. designed and build. I guess i am more interested in experiences like the example I found and posted above. I don't have a problem i am looking for and answer to per say. :D