Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flamethrowers!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sbaker, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carbking

carbking

Had a set on a 1959 Ford back in the early '60's. Plugs were mounted into chrome tailpipe extensions (behind the bumper, the extensions stuck out beyond the bumper)and wired to a model T spark coil. Switch hidden under dash. No ignition mods, no carb mods necessary. Used not to show off, but to discourage tailgaters. Believe me, it worked.

Removed when I sold the car.

Jon.

2. Well sorry for all the grumps who dont enjoy fun! lol
    And when it comes to money, i talked to a guy who did his for less than $30 bucks with some sparks, coils and wires. Not very expensive at all.
    but thats just me, the dumb kid on the block that enjoys the simple things in life...

3. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

thats why i posted the wiring description, relays, ignition coil spark plug, wire etc, everything can come from the yard for cheap. :) nothing has to be bought in the store

4. Payaso

Payaso

Two things...

First off...I dig flamethrowers, if I hear one more person say they're a waste of money and/or useless...AND they're into customs/hot rods...I'm going to go Me, Myself, and Irene! What DO WE DO to our cars that IS usefull and/or NOT a real waste of Money?? Seriously?? I don't need my Metalflake, Whitewalls, Diamond tuck, Camelhumps? But for some reason I do 'Need' that stuff...because it's Cool...Tacky...Fun...Different???

Secondly...The Whole hardcore 'thats not Traditional...We're nothing but Traditional' ideal is really driving me crazy...Remember when the HAMB was Fun??

I say Light that bad boys!! On whatever ya got!!

DONE.

5. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I light 'em up all the time. Mine come out of the side exhaust, double for merge indicators. Also useful for the homeless guys on the sidewalk, making old ladies expose themselves.......no shit, wish I hadn't seen that....and mexicans in vans crowd around the windows. Kids love 'em, I love 'em, I like to have fun.

As far as the washing down cylinders, I call BULLSHIT. I use the hell out of mine, have since '06, when I replaced a head gasket this year...no relation to flamethrower use.....the bores had NO scratches or issues of any kind, not even the slightest lip at the top.

6. alex1954chevy

alex1954chevy

anything can be overdone, just like overly chopped cars. i think flamethrowers are cool but when flames are shooting out 75 feet , thats just retarted. i made my own kit. i just used two coils and wired them up to a three way switch, i have had them on my car for about 7 years and never had a problem. when i was younger i was very trigger happy and used them at every single stoplight or on the freeway.

Attached Files:

7. 61TBird

61TBird

Settle down Beavis....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j9h71R0P-jM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j9h71R0P-jM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

8. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

I DIG EM. And I love it when other people hate em.:D

Attached Files:

• 16.jpg
      16.jpg
      File size:
      41.2 KB
      Views:
  9. lol!

10. Ltorch

Ltorch

no teddy not yet .hopeing sometime in nov.

11. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I would just like to apologise to the original poster for anything I have said that has helpedturn this into a drama thread. Funny thing is I have absolutely nothing against flamethrowers if used safely. In fact I'll go one stage further and say I can even understand the attraction of them. They're just not for me. Mind you, I stand (pun not intended) fully behind what I said in post 27

Paul

12. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

We could make some for that custom chair for you , Krip.

13. olskl_dave

olskl_dave

Here's one from "Down Under", if you look in the pic-up bed you can see the gas bottle......
    [​IMG]

14. Yep. Global warming. See above pic.

15. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

There is a dude here in Denver that has a rat rod with zoomie pipes and at rod runs he shoots fire way up in the sky.Scares the hell out of spectators.Everyone comes running saying one of them is on fire,LOL.

16. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

hold on there man, they would be way too close to my ass for comfort:eek:
    Paul

17. Good way to fuck up a nice car.

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the best flame thrower set up I ever saw was on a purple Merc with all the paint burned off the back of the car. nice car too. that guy is the coolest dude in town.

I recently picked up a VCR from a buddy. I went digging through my car tapes from the 80's and there was one from shows back east. bunch of idiots with continental kits 2-3 feet off the back of the car, 10 foot long cruiser skirts, if they were chopped they were over chopped, fake spots, lakes pipes, all the crap you could think of tacked on to the car.... and of course, there was the flame thrower part of the show. must have had 10 cars all farting and shooting fire. very strange from my perspective.

19. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

20. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Fricken' superb:D

21. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

we'll just get you some kevlar drawers, I was waiting for a comment about beans and a match lol :D

22. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Because you accomplish your goal of attracting attention with a bigger fire:p

23. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Because its fun.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. sbaker

sbaker

youre kind of a dipshit huh? i and most everyone else that says they have or like flamethrowers said that we dont use them to get attention, we just like fire. however, id be willing to watch youre burn youre car to the ground.

25. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

i think if you don't overdo it with propane tanks, etc,it's just a little fun, and you aren't going to burn your car to the ground.

26. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

27. lostdutchman

lostdutchman

thear was a merc in the detroit aera in the late 70s early 80s when I was growing up that had them he used propaine and gas furance ignighters
    thay would defiently get you off his ass

a coppel of years ago I made the same setup on my autocar dumptruck, commins L10 with a straight pipe now thats the most fun I ever had and got paid for it LOL

it seames to me that its a north east thing

28. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Some areas they skid and throw sparks when they drop the hydraulics. Other areas they like flamethrowers. Or maybe wild burnouts, or cookies in the mall parking lot when it's closed. Plastic Jesus on the dash, Rosary or garter belt from the rear view mirror. Fuzzy dice and skull shifter knobs. Lucky Strikes in a rolled up t-shirt sleeve, Duck tails and tatoos, cry baby dolls. Whatever. My Rat Fink and Dash Duck really don't give a damn wether you like them or not, and nobody else does either. It's all part of the game. Enjoy it or move along. Like Billy Jack said... "You get to choose Bernard!"

29. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Yo dipshit if it's not for the attention you are craving why don't you use them off in a parking lot all by your lonesome? :rolleyes:

No need to burn my car I'm not the kid crying out for attention by playing with fire.

And you DID ask for OPINIONS right newbie? Just because mine doesn't agree with yours there is no need to get all internet bent and start name calling on a grown up site. And I'm one of those "old school" (note correct spelling") guys that lived through the era and only the lame guys had them back then too... they were NOT Cool then either. This is just one more FAD that is a distortion of the past to meet your fantasizes that doesn't have any validity now or then.;)

If you want opinions that agree with you feel free to post this same question on some of the Rat Rod and Art car forums I'm sure your reception there would be a WARM one.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  30. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

There you go! I remember that car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.