Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Campers...Let's see what you got!

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by mctim64, Jun 4, 2009.

1. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

An International ACCO 6x6 with camper conversion:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lewk and enloe like this.
  2. bigroy

bigroy

Thanks for good word the business is really starting to take off, but to clarify I don't own or run the shop. I just work there doing all the detail work.

3. Shade Tree McGhee

Shade Tree McGhee

Wow. That's bigger than my living space...

4. bigroy

bigroy

that thing is kinda cool. you should find an old lawn tractor,hot rod it and use it pull the mini camper around lol :D

5. willy3486

willy3486
    from tennessee

I have a couple of old campers. I hope to build a teardrop as well someday. The first I got was a Aristocrat. It was in bad shape, I had to redo about half the walls and almost all the interior. I found out through a trailer group I belong to it may be the only one of its type. I was able to converse with a man who was with the company and best friends with the man who started the company. I don't remember the model but it was a prototype made just before the company was closed. It was sold to a elderly couple who moved here and lived in it. Although there is no way I could have rebuilt it to the original specs I rebuilt it so we could use it. The other one I have is a serro scotty. It was given to me on the condition that I rebuild it which I did. I took it down to the frame and rebuilt the entire structure. We took it out to a car show a couple of months ago and people were all over it. This picture is when we just got back from camping just after the 4th of July. You can see both of these campers at the bottom of the page at
    http://community.webshots.com/user/willy3486
    It shows both of them from begining to end.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

A bunch of us Tin Can Tourist folks will be at the Gilmore "Red Barns Spectacular" this coming weekend. The trailers will be open, and there's always beer in the fridge (at least in ours!).

Attached Files:

7. Just got back from Bonneville, hauled my Alaskan out there with me. The old F-100 did the trip with flying colors, the 312 had plenty of power and even hauled it up and over Tioga pass into Yosemite on the way back. ;)
    [​IMG]

Camping at "the Bend"
    [​IMG]

Almost 10000'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rjones35 likes this.
  8. REDMAN48

REDMAN48

My Serro Scotty behind my old chevy

Attached Files:

9. 32ford07

32ford07

its for sale waitin on you too!

Attached Files:

10. REDMAN48

REDMAN48

Ill give you 100 for it hahah

11. 2tondave

2tondave
    from Seattle WA

This is a local rig I pass by on the way home - I wish it was mine !

HomeSweetHome
    :)

[​IMG]

12. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

13. willy3486

willy3486
    from tennessee

That looks familiar to me Brian. Could it be that its yours?:)

We need to get Rob here so he can post his cabin car. His cabin car and the old car he has would fit right in. That's where I got the idea to retrofit the scotty for a bathtub.

14. Ha Ha x2 ;)

15. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Here's a pic of our 65 Silver Streak Sabre we brought home last week. Cant wait to get to work on it.

[​IMG]

16. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

Mid 1970's Holden Ute with Holden Statesman front. Late style hard tray cover with canvas fittings for camping. This was at Murwillumbah, New South Wales yesterday (11 September 2010):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Someone emailed these pix and artical to me, thought I'd share so this is a copy and paste. Enjoy! ;)

Ford House-Car

One of only six said to have been made per year in the mid-30's at the Ford plant in St.Paul, Minnesota, according to an article on this car in a 1993 "Old Cars" magazine article.
    Very few others--perhaps none--remain on the road, and certainly not in such amazing original condition.

The only other known example that I heard of was supposedly housed in the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. But that turned out to be an early 1920s Model T conversion, the curator told me. He said he'd never seen anything like this '37!

When discovered in a garage (under a heavy cover) in Northern Minnesota in August 2001, she had only 19,000 miles, and the owner's manual was actually still in the glove box in like-new condition!

She had always been garaged and treated with 'Much TLC' as a collector vehicle.

The interior, all wood lined, was still the way it appeared in the '30's and '40's, complete with framed photos of the original owner on his travels (mainly to Florida) and his cabin in the North Woods, plus and other memorabilia from the era.

Built on the '37 Ford Pickup frame and cowling (powered by a 60-hp flathead V8 with aluminum heads), the rear framing is all wood, with the metal skin wrapped around it. The roof structure, too, is all wood, over which the heavy, waterproofed canvas top is still very securely fitted. The structure of the Body is solid, appearing from underneath to be all oak, and still in a remarkably unaltered, undamaged condition.
    The door frames are thick, solid oak, and oak is visible around the window openings (as on the four side windows in back) -- though it is painted over.

She was a big hit at this campground once we got that Great old flattie V8 hummin'! Note her expanding roof and the original dark green color, which had been repainted. I figure the canvas roof was originally painted in reflective silver to keep it from getting too hot inside. All four side windows open, while the back one tilts out to three positions. The windshield also tilts open at the bottom for natural AC while driving.

Here are a few shots of her in August 2001, out on the road in the Chippewa National Forest north of Grand Rapids, MN... Practicing for her next adventure: "Destination Wavecrest 2001."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  18. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

<<<< shhhhhh.... mines really a new one

19. WC

WC
    BANNED

Tear Drop Trailer What year is this trailer? Is it a home built? Is it a builder from the 50's??

The trailer is for sale in my area and the person is asking $600

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  20. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

well i got hooked on these cool old camp trailers so i ran into a great deal on this 1948 boles-aero.

Attached Files:

21. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Nice!!...that's in nice shape for a '48, what's the inside look like?

22. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

This is so cool.

23. DKcoupe

DKcoupe

Mine's called a Surf Side- early 70's
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

24. DKcoupe

DKcoupe

25. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

A couple from the www.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

27. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

28. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

29. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Sweet... I dig the old Ford building in the background.