Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville Salt ... How Do You Clean It Off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by One Finger John, Sep 10, 2010.

1. One Finger John

One Finger John

Ya drive all over the place at the Flats, maybe do some racin', then drive or trailer the car home. It used to be some sort of dark color but now its mostly white. How do you get it clean ??? Throw it into a swimming pool? Does the salt corrode finishes much or if you catch it quick is it not too bad. Also would like to know how they clean the cars that run at that track back East that is really muddy ? You know, where Denise does her mud wrestling.

Inquiring minds want to know. John

2. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Umm...wash them?

3. Do a fucking search?! It has been covered so many times it is comical.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010

4. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Lots of water. The generally recommended process involves a lawn sprinkler, and lots of patience. Pressure washing is usually not recommended. I'm sure there will be others with more comprehensive suggestions, but the general gist of it is to flush the salt away without pushing it into the cracks and crevices of the car. Good luck.

5. One Finger John

One Finger John

Tman, please tell me what key words I should be using. I have used bonneville salt, clean car, wash car, mud, salt, hose ... and various combinations. The question was written at 9:00 in the evening to generate a little conversation. Don't be such a grouch.

John

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wonder if a search would help?? Hey Tman, you have any idea??.....................:D

Doc

7. search terms would be "salt", "cleaning salt" "salt outta my craw" " Bonneville salt cleaning" etc.....................

8. Not a fuckin idea one here mate..

9. Hey John, if you are ever near Mt Rushmore or Crazy Horse I will buy you a beer! :)

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

This may be the best Tman thread ever! :D

If "Salt" or "Bonneville" don't get you what you want, search "Tman." :D

11. Rabbitbunny

Rabbitbunny
    from Texas

Christ Tman, could you be any more of an asshole?

I'll pm myself a note to fuck you on any deal we ever have.

12. INtro?:rolleyes:

13. EZrider

EZrider
    from Waco, TX

Tman,
    there is only 1 "D" in Cadillac, read the fuckin' valve covers.

14. One Finger John

One Finger John

Thanks Tman, 10 years clean and sober, but a good burger and a root beer would be nice.
    In my searches I used most of those terms but without the + or =, just spaces. What is
    s...ight? Gotta learn something every day. What else should I be aware of when searching?

John

15. cool, I'll remember to fuck you too.

16. rustyduck

rustyduck
    from washington

A buddy of mine brings his car home from Bonneville parks it on the driveway with a lawn sprinkler underneath. Sets it under the front end first then drags it a few feet at a time toward the rearend. He says it does a pretty good job in fairly short order.

17. -Brent-

-Brent-

If YOU searched, you'd have your answer to that question too! :D

Real classy. :rolleyes:

Hahaha... :D

Also, thanks, One Finger John for being cool and congrats on the milestone! That's an honorable achievement.

18. Check the Q&A section of the forum.

You can link items like this salt+cleaning OR like this "salt cleaning". And always try variations of the same search

19. And congrats that 10 years is impressive.

20. Thanks, I had to look at mine to be sure.

21. One Finger John

One Finger John

Thanks Brent, in a way it was easy, one day at a time. Things seem to have calmed down so I will call it a night. Take care.

John ... out

P.S. Thanks Tman

22. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Pssst....Tman....yeah you.......I got some pills here......take a few and they will make you happy. Baahhhhhh....on second thought Im gonna keep em' for myself and wash the sweat salt from the in the brim of my hat.