Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project "AREA 51" 51 Mercury update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ether, May 11, 2008.

1. poorboy

poorboy

looks awesome!

2. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

Great work!! cant wait to see the rest of the build.

Buzz Bomb

3. Is that the alternative spelling of cabernet? :)

I did a non-metallic, eventually I can post some quality pics.

4. Went to see the Merc after a month at the body guys shop today....one word.....I frickin pissed myself!!!! Wait, that was more than one word!!! Made my day!!!! Come on color!!!!

Attached Files:

5. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Shouldn't be long now!!!!! Congrats man, I didn't know you were this far along!!!

6. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Looks great Ether. Keep the updates coming.

7. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Awesome Ether, can't wait to see it in color!!!!!

8. Badass, are you still going maroon or something like that?

9. Thanks guys, Im stoked!!!!!!! Body guy is doing an awesome job, not to mention it was almost 100 degrees every day its been at his shop!!! Yep still a deep deep dark red.... Ive got some stuff sent off to Dans Plating also, cant wait to see it all together....

10. Attached Files:

11. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Your Merc is looking like it is closer to the enjoyment (driving) phase of the project. Looking good, great work.

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wow shes looking great ! Sure has come along way ...I have been following the build since the frist post congrats !! How long till its shiny ??

13. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon

Can't go wrong with anything Area 51 related... can ya?;)

14. looking great man. just slap some "flat black" on her and call it done...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. Thanks!!! I cant wait to get it back!!! Ive been tinkering a little on my other Merc while this one is out. Got this done a couple weekends ago and back in storage for anouther day. 69 Camaro clip, van tilt column, Explorer 8.8 rearend

Attached Files:

16. mattlowe

mattlowe

thats good stuff mang!

17. choptvan

choptvan

I always was a sucker for white primer....

18. looking very nice. cant wait to see it in colour.

19. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

right on!! you instantly try and forget all the bodywork when you get to this stage!!!never found the desoto knob chad, been looking on ebay though for ya..

20. Cool, Matt. Thanks Ive been looking also. I'm even thinking about using one of the other knobs that are in good shape. Maybe the heater knobs.

21. well.........?

22. pharrand

pharrand
    from Michigan

Great job Ether, I admire your dedication and skill. I'm hoping your work will inspire me to get going on my '51 Merc.

23. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats on the progress. I've enjoyed watching the Merc build over the years.
    You have a lot to be proud of...

Happy Trails, Mick

24. BuilderRhys

BuilderRhys

Soooooooooooo, Chad now that next Merc is out of the basement and you have some square footage open what are you gonna drag home to fill in the empty real estate!!!!!!!!! Regards, Rhys.

25. Well..... bodyman went on his cruise. Should be back the first week of Oct. Going to take some color choices to the painter for a couple panel spray outs. Its been so busy in the shop I havent had time to think about it. Did some work on this one while its been gone. Just a wore out, old duece.

Attached Files:

26. Cannot wait to see this car finished. This is going to be one of the best looking cars ever. Love it!

27. Is that Chuck's buddy's car? I think I've seen that car at DF. Looks like you did a good job from the pictures. Can't wait to see some more progess pics on the merc. Paint guy went on a cruise. Hmmmmmmmm - fat merc in for paint, progress payments, ah ha! Cruise!

28. A little religion on the way to paint!!!!!

Attached Files: