Register now to get rid of these ads!

Austin, Tx Swap meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bjinx, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Stopped in the Auto Parts store and a friend there asked if I was going to the Swap Meet in Austin this weekend. Said i hadn't heard about it. Called another friend and he said it is Thur., Friday, nad Sat. at the collisium off 290, first time for it. He also said the guy who puts on the Dallas meets is the one who is doing this meet. Anyone else heard about it?

2. specialk

specialk

I always go here first. It shows that Deane Earhart is sponsoring it (and he's the one who does LaGrave Field).

I'm going!

3. Thanks for the link

4. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Here's a link to Earharts page on the Austin Swap Meet. Dean knows how to run a swap meet. I had all intentions of going and selling there myself but it dont look like its gonna happen.

http://www.earhartproductions.com/?p=48

5. lowmaster

lowmaster

I'm going in the morning. This swap meet is replacing the Rosanky Swap Meet.

6. lowmaster

lowmaster

People are here setting up.

7. Rosanky used to be a great swap meet. I'm hoping that this is similar and I'm betting that it will be.

8. FrankBen777

FrankBen777

Can any of you all tell when the doors open tomorrow?

I'm guessing early, but can't find anything on the site regarding open/close for buyers taking my kids and need to know how early I should roust 'em out.

Thanks in advance.

Frank in Austin

9. 53choptop

53choptop

Just found about this also, details are really vague, if this is replacing Rosanky, which actually was turned into Red Top swap meet then it has the potential of being good.

10. aldixie

aldixie

There is also a swap meet on at Humble Civic Center this weekend near Houston.

11. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I decided to run down there and check it out and maybe pick up a good deal or two. Only 200 miles and what better way to spend a saturday.

12. We went yesterday, for it being a week day there were quite a few venders. Good array of intakes, Model A and Model T stuff, projects, and aftermarket venders . Today should be even better. This organization is also having one on Jan. 28-29, 2011.

13. specialk

specialk

Went on Saturday, nowhere near the quality of LaGrave - maybe in a couple of years, but kinda sad after the DFW scene I was used to these past years.