Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Fest Sep. 11-12th, Morris, Il

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, May 21, 2010.

1. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

No Im not Rick,just sick of this post and all the complaining...I love the Pileup just as much as everyone else,this will be #7 for me,will I go,dont know,might go to check out the swap,I love junk!!

2. cozee

cozee

Got your message. Will definitely be calling ya a little later this evening.

3. With all the people that viewed this thread .003% are complaining about the show.
    It's many of the same people that beat it up on the Chrome Czar site.
    To be expected.
    The criteria for our silly show says "No Cry Baby's" for a reason!

4. c-dan

c-dan
    from Illinois

Glad to hear you speak out about how it was a mess last year when every one talked about how wonderfull it was. It was a mess. The show was good just couldnt get to it.

5. ...enuf already,...everybody just do what YOU wanna do...

6. von zipper

von zipper

Last years was just too much!! glad I got there early! cause if I came a long way not to be able to get in???? Now the Czars have tightend up their rules which is a good thing cause some stuff just didn't belong! Ok now a new show in their place.... means another show thats not filled with Cheveles,Camaros,Stangs,etc so I say go to one or both!! and hey take a youngster!! you may change their life in a positive way!!1

7. Two Beers for Von Zipper. All the guys I know are going to the pile up.

8. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

amen!!!!

9. Ohlly

Ohlly

can't wait for this show, only a few more days. wish I had my car done, oh well maybe next year.

10. silent rick

silent rick

i'm not going, i'll be at the morris cruise night instead

11. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Technically...It was a crybaby that started this show and the one in Peotone on the same day,so I`m a lil confused to be honest.

12. MODELA30

MODELA30

I am still going sounds like a good time!!!! Knuck from indiana.

13. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

well Rick,if nothin else I hope to see ya at cruise night.

14. silent rick

silent rick

i'll find out tonight but i think some of us are going to the other new show and swap in peotone first before heading over to the morris cruise.

15. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Can I bring a RatRod ART car?

16. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

I fear my post may also stir the pot...but I gotta toss in my .02 worth...

I had a huge long rant all typed up, instead I will simply state that I am not going to attend for reasons not related to my distaste for the show due to the: promoter, circumstances surrounding the show, location, organizer(s), assumed affiliation, implied affiliation, assumed attendance of local clubs, assimilated and amended rules, or overall similarity to another show that was once held at the same location. I will be spending time with my Pops in K-Zoo instead.

However, due to the above mentioned items, I would not attend...even if I were in the city of Morris with nothing to do and a pocket full of $50's. I think it is a shame that someone would allude to or permit the illusion of prior involvement, past issues, or alleged club participation that was unfounded and legally fought. This show is a first time event, therefore causing any "past" never to have existed. Jalopymess has pissed off a few clubs, pissed on the work of many, and tried pissing on their reputation vicariously, and in doing so offended me.

In the future, you may want to make a clean cut definition where your show starts rather than linking to everything else without consulting the parties involved. I hope your show is great and everyone that goes has a great weekend. I may change my mind in the future, but if I don't I am only one simple minded moron.

17. silent rick

silent rick

john, you have coolest ratrod art cars around. see you in a month. are you bringing chili again?

18. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Hey Rick, thanks buddy and not sure on the food yet. The weather is the key and shes been kind to all of us. So BBQ, Chile, Texas Steak or soup:D .

19. chronisterracing

chronisterracing
    from N.Il.

It's my opinion that most of you crying are just pissed that the Hunnert left the area and somehow feel betrayed and are trying to take it out on someone else who decided to make it a 2 day event. I have no affiliation with any club so I am not on any side, but I'm about having fun and a good time. So stay home and shut up or come on down to my home town and enjoy.

My Name is Jim Chronister

20. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

<O:p</O:p

First, let me point out that this is not the same show. They did not make anything into a 2 day event. How dense are you people to see that Jalopy Mess is not the Hunnert Car Pileup?<O:p

Jim, while I appreciate your feelings, and 99.9% of the time I would say the exact same thing, it has nothing to do with the Hunnert Car Pileup leaving town or the Chrome Czars which is why I originally made no mention of them. The simple fact that you liken this to the Czars and their show is proof of my point, or your blatant ignorance...either one. It is a matter of principle to me, which I do not expect you to understand...however if you wish to discuss it I would love to toss ya a beer and inform you. This has very little to do with the show, it has to do with those involved with it which is why it matters about WHO HOSTS THE SHOW. I am not telling anyone not to attend, or not to go, or not to support, and if you live nearby I bet it will be a hoot of a good time.<O:p></O:p>
    <O:p></O:p>
    For those who care, my name is Eric Osler. Not that my name matters much...but at least while you continue to laugh and joke about the "idiot" you can put a name to it. I am not a member of the Czars, do not claim to be, and other than a few internet conversations and a hand shake I don’t know any of the Czars from Adam. I know them from their reputation, from their show, and I am on their message board because it is much more locally based than the HAMB. I am with the Rodsters of Northern Indiana

Finally, let’s put petty differences aside. I am not crying about a show moving to a different town. You tool, it simply gives me another hour and a half on the open road enjoying what I built...which is what this is all about so before you point fingers ya better remember what this is actually about. Everyone here wants more traditional car shows. Everyone here enjoys what they mean, the friendships, the cars, and the trip. My lack of attendance has nothing to do with the actual show or my desire to attend. Had things been ran properly and handled better from day one, I would probably be there.<O:p</O:p

21. Tin Can

Tin Can

so who is planning to go to this show and what you you taking to it? Not sure if I am going or not

22. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

I won't be going to this show.....I have to work.
    I won't be going to The Pileup, either.....I have to work on that day, too.

23. options

options
    from IL.

We (Wife and I ) will be heading over to the cruise in Morris this afternoon -went last year had a blast -Morris is a car friendly Town and the arts and craft area last year was fun also !!! So this year should be that much better with the jalopy fest happening at the same time ?- have some friends that left this a.m. for Peotone and they may end up in Morris tonight ? - We are upset that hunert car left Our area and will not attend in Decator - and We are very pleased that someone is having Jalopy fest in Morris and wish them the best of luck! - We will come over from Oglesby IL - We will then be up at autorama in Beloit Wi next weekend and then Jefferson Wi, the next - its that car show swap meet time of year ! see Ya'll on the road !

24. Ironswims

Ironswims
    from Illinois

I hope somebody puts up some pictures. Crappy weather all morning, but getting nicer this afternoon.

25. Jim-Bob

Jim-Bob

Why were "Customs" from like 72 and earlier added? At that point, this show is just like any other one...Camaros, Challengers and Mustangs, all claiming to be "customs" cause they put different wheels or a billet steering wheel...:rolleyes:

26. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I heard that both crybaby shows had an outstanding attendance of around 20-cars each.

27. catc

catc

were there any vendors there today and about how many cars showed

28. MODELA30

MODELA30

I think the rain was the cause of all car shows around the area to suffer a bit. Even the dyer indiana hometown car show was slow. I still had a great time will be there next year. And for all the guys that did not go because you boycotted the show still want to know have many people showed up. Ha!!!! I am not telling!!!!!!!! Knuck from indiana. Oh and for the young lady that gave me a ride to the car in the golf cart to drop off the rims i bought me and my brother thank you for the ride. Thanks again!!!!!!

29. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

The Pileup is crowded, no matter the weather.

30. chronisterracing

chronisterracing
    from N.Il.

Its still not too late the fest goes on today too. I guess what really confuses me is that there are not too many shows for old rods and rockabilly tunes in Illinois and yet some would stay away. As one of my old racer turned rod buddies said, hell we might bitch about the race but we built it to race so we came. It was a good time yesterday and then went downtown to see the 700 cars that always show up at cruise night.